• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shekinah

Ellen Brown

I've heard this term before, and heard annoyingly tiresome pseudo explanations about what it means.

I'm angered by the fact that too many have to have their religion all neatly defined and explained, keeping their beliefs all neatly explained, so thus they keep God (were that possible) all boxed in so he can't do anything to alarm anyone.

I'm good with the God of the OT save to say the patriarchs again have worked very hard to limit and define God.

It is likely, considering how large the Universe is, that there is oh so much going on out there that if we knew about it, we'd lack the ability to control our Urinary tract or Bowels.

I'm not seeking to devalue the God of Moses in the slightest, yet I am quite sure that God didn't explain all that to us simply because we could not bear it.

And, it is frustrating because those who might offer some insight into this kerfuffle, are not allowed to talk to us !

sun rise

The world is on fire
Premium Member
I've heard this term before, and heard annoyingly tiresome pseudo explanations about what it means.

And, it is frustrating because those who might offer some insight into this kerfuffle, are not allowed to talk to us !

It sounds to me like you just did not like the explanations you were given and so came up with the false "not allowed" explanation.

Actually with your post, I have no interest in writing anything because I suspect you will just label anything I write as "pseudo" since you did not post anything about what you know and why you don't like what you were told or found.

Ellen Brown

It sounds to me like you just did not like the explanations you were given and so came up with the false "not allowed" explanation.

Actually with your post, I have no interest in writing anything because I suspect you will just label anything I write as "pseudo" since you did not post anything about what you know and why you don't like what you were told or found.

Fine ! Now, I shall have to do my own research, as faulted as that will be.

Dawnofhope

Non-Proselytizing Baha'i
Staff member
Premium Member

I'm angered by the fact that too many have to have their religion all neatly defined and explained, keeping their beliefs all neatly explained, so thus they keep God (were that possible) all boxed in so he can't do anything to alarm anyone.

I'm good with the God of the OT save to say the patriarchs again have worked very hard to limit and define God.

It is likely, considering how large the Universe is, that there is oh so much going on out there that if we knew about it, we'd lack the ability to control our Urinary tract or Bowels.

I'm not seeking to devalue the God of Moses in the slightest, yet I am quite sure that God didn't explain all that to us simply because we could not bear it.

Looks like it has Jewish significance.

The Shekhina(h) (Biblical Hebrew: שכינה‎ šekīnah; also Romanized Shekina(h), Schechina(h), Shechina(h)) is the English transliteration of a Hebrew word meaning "dwelling" or "settling" and denotes the dwelling or settling of the divine presence of God.

This term does not occur in the Bible, and is from rabbinic literature.

Shekhinah - Wikipedia

I recognise the Tanakh as sacred literature but am unfamiliar with rabbinic literature.

whirlingmerc

The universe is like a little peanut that God keeps in his pocket made for those He redeems.
God is indeed vastly beyond our imaginations

I have no idea what you mean by “annoyingly tiresome pseudo explanations,” so you should really clarify that.

The Feminine Noun – שְׁכִינָה Sh’ḵiynah means: royal residence, Divine Presence, holy inspiration. It originates from the Verb – שָׁכַן shaḵan, which means: to dwell, to rest.

Perhaps Exodus 25:8 can help clarify:

וְעָשׂוּ לִי מִקְדָּשׁ וְשָׁכַנְתִּי בְּתוֹכָם׃
V’asu liy Miq’dash v’shaḵan’tiy b’toḵam:
“And they will build a Holy Place for Me, and I will dwell in their midst.”

Hopefully this helps. If it does not, you will have to be more specific about any alternate “explanations” you may have heard, because I am not aware of any.

Ellen Brown

I have no idea what you mean by “annoyingly tiresome pseudo explanations,” so you should really clarify that.

The Feminine Noun – שְׁכִינָה Sh’ḵiynah means: royal residence, Divine Presence, holy inspiration. It originates from the Verb – שָׁכַן shaḵan, which means: to dwell, to rest.

Perhaps Exodus 25:8 can help clarify:

וְעָשׂוּ לִי מִקְדָּשׁ וְשָׁכַנְתִּי בְּתוֹכָם׃
V’asu liy Miq’dash v’shaḵan’tiy b’toḵam:
“And they will build a Holy Place for Me, and I will dwell in their midst.”

Hopefully this helps. If it does not, you will have to be more specific about any alternate “explanations” you may have heard, because I am not aware of any.

Thankyou. Shalom