• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Shariah law comes to America

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
56811494_277134933224136_6094413809676451840_n.jpg

I mean, it's pretty hard to argue against his point.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
It kind of makes me hope the whole Jesus and Heaven and Hell thing is true so I can enjoy their suffering. My eternity won't be so bad because I'll be laughing at those who are now in Hell for making the lives of so many people hell.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
So why then make critique of Islam if it is the Conservative Christians who want that kind of law?
Because they go squirrel-turd nuts over even a whisper of Sharia law being in America, but yet support many of the same ideas as radical and conservative interpretations of Sharia. They fight fight kicking and screaming if you call it Sharia, but call it Christian or Biblical and they'll ban pork and alcohol, just as they fight against contraception and LGBT rights.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Because they go squirrel-turd nuts over even a whisper of Sharia law being in America, but yet support many of the same ideas as radical and conservative interpretations of Sharia. They fight fight kicking and screaming if you call it Sharia, but call it Christian or Biblical and they'll ban pork and alcohol, just as they fight against contraception and LGBT rights.
Someone being afraid of Islam? or just not know what Islam really stand for?

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
I believe his point was regarding how ironic it is that conservatives fret about sharia even though many of them support very similar beliefs themselves.

Nah I don't support revenge rape or killing a girl just because she got an abortion. Even if abortion was made illegal I wouldn't want the death penalty for it.

But yes every group has zealot extremist and those do tend to share values, even if the groups started of directly opposing each other. Like the alt-left and the alt-right. Both are white supremacist factions, that believe in race segregation in colleges, and depsise mixed race dating/marriage. Funny how that worked out!

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Someone being afraid of Islam? or just not know what Islam really stand for?
I'm not so sure if it's fear, but definitely hatred. And I'd say they are about the polar opposite of Liberal apologists when it comes to knowing and understanding Islam. One group is too eager to criticize and insist a few handfuls of radicals are the majority of all Muslims, the other group too willing to dismiss radicals as "'not true' Muslim" despite the fact radicals and extremists having their supporting texts and claims just as did the Crusaders, Conquistadors, and witch hunters when it came to the Bible and Christianity.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The Five Pillars are the core beliefs and practices of Islam:

This is all that a muslim need to do in his/her practice to be called a muslim, No harm done to others here. All the other Extreme things a few people do in the name of Islam is not true teaching.

The Five Pillars are the core beliefs and practices of Islam:

1. Profession of Faith (shahada). The belief that "There is no god but God, and Muhammad is the Messenger of God" is central to Islam. This phrase, written in Arabic, is often prominently featured in architecture and a range of objects, including the Qur'an, Islam's holy book of divine revelations. One becomes a Muslim by reciting this phrase with conviction.
  2. Prayer (salat). Muslims pray facing Mecca five times a day: at dawn, noon, mid-afternoon, sunset, and after dark. Prayer includes a recitation of the opening chapter (sura) of the Qur'an, and is sometimes performed on a small rug or mat used expressly for this purpose (see image 24). Muslims can pray individually at any location (fig. 1) or together in a mosque, where a leader in prayer (imam) guides the congregation. Men gather in the mosque for the noonday prayer on Friday; women are welcome but not obliged to participate. After the prayer, a sermon focuses on a passage from the Qur'an, followed by prayers by the imam and a discussion of a particular religious topic.
  3. Alms (zakat). In accordance with Islamic law, Muslims donate a fixed portion of their income to community members in need. Many rulers and wealthy Muslims build mosques, drinking fountains, hospitals, schools, and other institutions both as a religious duty and to secure the blessings associated with charity.
  4. Fasting (sawm). During the daylight hours of Ramadan, the ninth month of the Islamic calendar, all healthy adult Muslims are required to abstain from food and drink. Through this temporary deprivation, they renew their awareness of and gratitude for everything God has provided in their lives—including the Qur'an, which was first revealed during this month. During Ramadan they share the hunger and thirst of the needy as a reminder of the religious duty to help those less fortunate.

5. Pilgrimage (hajj). Every Muslim whose health and finances permit it must make at least one visit to the holy city of Mecca, in present-day Saudi Arabia. The Ka'ba, a cubical structure covered in black embroidered hangings, is at the center of the Haram Mosque in Mecca (fig. 2). Muslims believe that it is the house Abraham (Ibrahim in Arabic) built for God, and face in its direction (qibla) when they pray. Since the time of the Prophet Muhammad, believers from all over the world have gathered around the Ka'ba in Mecca on the eighth and twelfth days of the final month of the Islamic calendar.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
If the OP was to state that Coservative Christians is the problem why then use Islam as his target?
Seriously? Think about it. Conservative christians often reference Sharia when fearmongering about Islam, yet they themselves support laws that could be considered very similar to Sharia. Obviously his point was about the irony of this, not "targeting islam". Enough with the kneejerking.

The Emperor of Mankind

Currently the galaxy's spookiest paraplegic
If the OP was to state that Coservative Christians is the problem why then use Islam as his target?
I do not support everything in Islam but i start to wonder why everything that goes wrong in this world is blamed on Muslims and Islam.

You're rather missing the point. The OP isn't blaming Islam or Muslims for anything here. He's using more readily recognisable phrase 'sharia' to clue people into the fact the overall theme of the thread is the same; the problem with intolerant religious fanatics imposing their beliefs on others.

It's hardly a difficult concept to grasp.

The point of the OP (and the title) is to draw attention to the massive double-standards and hypocrisy of the American religious Right who often complain and shriek about Muslims forcing their beliefs on non-Muslim Americans but are quite willing to impose their own style Christian theocracy on non-Christian Americans via various levels of legislature.

Ever heard the term 'Christian Taliban' or 'Christian Sharia' being used to describe dominionists and the like? This is where it comes from.

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Seriously? Think about it. Conservative christians often reference Sharia when fearmongering about Islam, yet ironically support laws that could be compared to Sharia.
How many countries or states who are islamic has the Sharia law ? How many muslims is there in the world who do not follow Sharia law?

There is this countries who have some form of the sharia in the world today

1 Afghanistan
2 Iran
3 Iraq
4 Maurtania
5 Pakistan
6 Saudi Arabia
7 Sudan
8 Yemen

But there is 50 countries in the world who are seen as Islamic. So as i stated earlier, only a small amount of muslim countries are for sharia law