• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Share random favorite posts of other people

Me Myself

Back to my username
Yu quote them here. Remember this is not a part of the forum to argue though :p

Mod Disclaimer: If any member mentioned or quoted in this thread wishes for their name and/or quotes to be removed, please contact the staff about it.

Last edited by a moderator:

Me Myself

Back to my username
Toddlers don't fly well, even when fully built. First thing I noticed was that I had to run REALLY fast to get them off the ground, even in a strong wind. Second thing was that the kite string I used just wasn't strong enough. And the less said about the third thing, the better.
(weeeeee... splat!)

That explains so much :D

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
One of my favorites is this exchange:

Jayhawker Soule said:
Ever have chicken soup?

Sunstone said:
I very strongly suspect the all-powerful, pervasive, and controlling international Jewish lobby put you up to asking such a subtlety insidious question of me.

Jayhawker Soule said:
I can neither affirm nor deny any relationship with any such entity … but I will be watching you chaver.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Another favorite exchange:

Idea said:
There are many re-occurring themes on this forum "Why does God permit evil?", "Prove God exists", "What was in the beginning, is there a beginning? What will be in the end?", "What is the meaning of life?" and "Why do atheists like to hang out in religious forums" ... these are the great unanswered mysteries of the world.

Father Heathen said:
"Why do atheists like to hang out in religious forums" is only an "unanswered mystery" for those who lack reading comprehension. So the real mystery is "why do people who lack reading comprehension hang out in forums?"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
One from Lewis:

lewisnotmiller said:
Certainly some [theists] have an inherent suspicion of atheists which is equal parts amusing and bemusing, with enough sincerity mixed in to be a little troubling.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Great comeback from Kilgore Trout:

Piggus said:
having lurked for a while here, it seems that the majority don't even believe in God - is that true?

and if so, who/what do you believe in instead?
Kilgore Trout said:
That's like asking "if you don't believe unicorn's exist, what do you believe exists instead of unicorns?"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
I liked this one from Curious George:

Piggus said:
To have nearly 50,000 posts on a religious based forum tells me that you cannot be 100% atheist, no , that just does not add up.

So who is your God?

Curious George said:
RF is his God. He just prays frequently.

Thana

Lady
His response? He caught the snake, got me to sit on a hill, and wandered down to the vehicle maintenance yard. He proceeded to chase the workers around the yard with the snake (which they all knew wasn't poisonous) and they literally ran for their lives, screaming.

Still, he thought it was informative. 15-20 big strong tradies all run screaming from a ****** off snake which was not loose, but being held by an Aussie of (extremely) dubious character.

I totally laughed out loud at the image my mind created when I read this.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Another Father Heathen quote:

Father Heathen said:
Usually, when fundies whine about "persecution", it's usually because they were blocked from imposing their beliefs upon others or from using their beliefs as a justification for denying the rights and liberties of others.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member

You asked for thoughts. That was my thought on reading what you wrote.

Admittedly, not my first thought.

Speaking of all these debates about sexuality, you know what? I'm linguistically asexual, which means I don't give a **** what you have to say at this point.

I just find it amusing and adorable that human beings think they're significant enough for two, opposing, mighty super-beings to play out their epic struggle through. It's like the residents of an anthill in the middle of the Sahara believing that WWII was about them.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
A comeback from Smoke:

Nerthus the Troll said:
Not everyone has the same opinions on what is offensive.

Smoke said:
...as an interesting experiment, why don't you tell a Puerto Rican that his mother is a whore, and then open a discussion [with him] on the subjectivity of offense?

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Another one from Smoke:

Smoke said:
That's the most selective and disingenuous argument from etymology I've ever seen -- and those arguments are almost always flawed, so that's a hell of an accomplishment.

Badran

Veteran Member
Premium Member
If it were evidence for time travel, it would be exceptionally weak evidence. Especially since there is no known mechanism for practical time travel apart from becoming a conservative thinker and thus traveling back in beliefs 500 years.

This is my recent favorite.

Caladan

Agnostic Pantheist
OMG, this is good stuff. We should publish a book in the future with RF's best quotes and come backs.