• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sexual morality

Thana

Lady
Here's an idea regarding what is an acceptable sexual practice and what is not.
As long as all individuals involved in the particular sexual act are consenting, do whatever you want.
Anyone have thoughts about this?

So I'm curious,
What are you views related to this on Cheating/affairs/adultery?

mycorrhiza

So I'm curious,
What are you views related to this on Cheating/affairs/adultery?

I know it wasn't directed at me, but I'll answer anyway :D.

If the relationship is defined as exclusive, then it's immoral. If the relationship is open or anarchistic, then it's not immoral.

Skwim

Veteran Member
I would say that it would be more accurately expressed as "They know exactly what they are getting into."
I rather think of it as "They know exactly what they might be getting into and wouldn't do anything stupid."

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Death is a permanent state and directly has an impact on the friends and family of the dead person. I think this is the third time I write that.

Like I said, I'm just taking that point to its logical conclusion.

But if those others are affected by it - as is the case if the person dies - then it DOES matter what those others think.

Then you should add an addendum to your OP since it encourages slightly more freedom but with still more restrictions on it.

nazz

Doubting Thomas
As long as all individuals involved in the particular sexual act are consenting, do whatever you want.

what kind of thoughts? (serious question)

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
I wouldn't call that a logical conclusion. Death directly affects others and can't exactly be kept to the bedroom.

It twists the meaning of the original post.

No, it doesn't. The OP didn't put any conditions on it.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
But morality is subjective. How can you say it is wrong if both the people involved think it is okay?
"Irresponsible sexual actions are immoral, even if they are mutually consensual." I'm not talking about the quality or quantity of the sex, and I'm not bringing religious things into it.

mycorrhiza

He explained what he meant by it later. It wasn't phrased perfectly at first. If you look at the explanation, then you cannot draw the conclusion that it's ok to murder someone just because they've given consent.

It means if you want to have gay sex, then go ahead. If you want to have an orgy with your neighbor, then go ahead. Just as long as every individual who is affected by it is involved willingly.

Tiberius

Actually, I did put conditions on it. ALL individuals involved must be consenting. Doesn't matter if they are directly involved or indirectly involved. The family of someone who dies during sex is indirectly involved in that sexual act.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Care to give a specific example?
"Irresponsible sexual actions are immoral, even if they are mutually consensual."

You have aids and you sleep with a girl who doesn't, even though she gives her consent. She gets aids from you. Even though the sex was consensual it was still irresponsible, therefore it was immoral.

Your brother has a gorgeous girlfriend. They're great for each other. You sleep with her, and it breaks them up. His life is now Sh**t. You've been irresponsible, so you've been immoral.