• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Sex is Sacred"

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
“Sex is sacred”, so she said.
Well dammit maybe so.
She spoke instead of giving head,
So how am I to know?

“You’re not romantic”, she said on.
Well dammit maybe so.
Seems sex is great theology
But then it’s time to go.

“You’re too horny”, more she said.
And dammit maybe so.
Could it be I’m underfed?
But how am I to know?

She wants to tell me all these things:
It’s her form of oral satisfaction.
I just want to tongue her clit
And make a little action.

Yet, dammit all I love her,
Though I’m feeling a bit used up:
Our sex life’s full of meaning now
But we’ve forgotten how to f**k!

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Well, sex clearly is not sacred for the writer....... not to say 'poet'. :)

She needed to leave and find the partner was right for her.
The writer needed to leave her and go get a quick release somewhere, anywhere.

Sex seems to vary in value for different people. For some it is a 'got-itch, scratch-itch' kind of activity, for others it can be like flying through the clouds and rain.

I was a 'scratch-itch' guy for many years but I wouldn't want to go back there now.

May you all be fulfilled, however you need to be. :)

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, sex clearly is not sacred for the writer....... not to say 'poet'. :)

She needed to leave and find the partner was right for her.
The writer needed to leave her and go get a quick release somewhere, anywhere.

Sex seems to vary in value for different people. For some it is a 'got-itch, scratch-itch' kind of activity, for others it can be like flying through the clouds and rain.

I was a 'scratch-itch' guy for many years but I wouldn't want to go back there now.

May you all be fulfilled, however you need to be. :)

Seems to me you assume too much about her, about me. But go for it if it makes you feel good! In all the time I've known you, there's never once been telling you that you might be wrong about something.

oldbadger

Skanky Old Mongrel!
Seems to me you assume too much about her, about me.
I just read the poem, and if it was a true account then she did seem to want something different. :shrug:

But go for it if it makes you feel good! In all the time I've known you, there's never once been telling you that you might be wrong about something.
It didn't make me feel good, I just responded to the poem as written.

I didn't know you were trying to tell me something, nor did I realise that anybody's feelings about sex could be 'wrong'. It just read as if the two persons wanted two totally different experiences. :shrug:

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Fun, silly, true poem.

It's actually a poem about a friend of mine. Early on in our friendship, there was a question of whether we'd have sex with each other. But she turned out to be much too "romantic" about sex. At least in my opinion. Consequently there was never a moment for it that was "just perfect" for her.

By the time she actually got interested in us as sex partners, I was happily committed to having a platonic relationship with her -- and nothing beyond a platonic relationship. She is still even to this day one of my closest friends and we've had hundreds of adventures together over the past twenty or so years.

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Love the poem :)

Here's a little something I just found -

God-consciousness is 10 million times more blissful than sexual experience.

(Sage Ramakrishna Paramahamsa)

Comes from a fascinatin site -

Cosmic Harmony, the State of Enlightenment - Stories and Ancient Wisdom of Sages, Saints, Avatars.

Cheers!

Jiddu Krishnamurti said somewhere that sex is probably the closest most people will come to an experience of god. I tend to agree with him. That is, I suspect much the same thing.

However, having said that, I also believe that a mystical experience is indescribably blissful. It is not in my opinion on a scale of bliss that includes at one end sex and at the other end mystical experiences. Instead, the bliss of mystical experiences are off any scale. At least that's my opinion.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Jiddu Krishnamurti said somewhere that sex is probably the closest most people will come to an experience of god. I tend to agree with him. That is, I suspect much the same thing.

However, having said that, I also believe that a mystical experience is indescribably blissful. It is not in my opinion on a scale of bliss that includes at one end sex and at the other end mystical experiences. Instead, the bliss of mystical experiences are off any scale. At least that's my opinion.

Fair enough.

Like most people, I have yet to experience God-consciousness fully - but I have had glimpses and they are amazing enough.

Here's a little something I wrote when I was un-medicated -

The Modern Mystic

I spend my days in quiet contemplation
My soul belongs to no single nation
My heart radiates love and kindness to all around
I fill my mind with a single, magic, silent sound

I have no need for noisy entertainment
I seek to free people from their containment
I sometimes laugh at nothing at all
I watch the autumn leaves as they fall

I sometimes seem a million miles away
I try to visit but I cannot stay
My spirit wanders through time and space
A smile is never very far from my face

I sing and chant in the middle of the day
I can always find games for myself to play
My mind drifts through space and time
I am a character in a nursery rhyme

You may see my in your street one day
I might not have very much to say
You may regard me as somewhat odd
Do not worry, I'm just talking to God

Cheers!

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
The Modern Mystic

I spend my days in quiet contemplation
My soul belongs to no single nation
My heart radiates love and kindness to all around
I fill my mind with a single, magic, silent sound

I have no need for noisy entertainment
I seek to free people from their containment
I sometimes laugh at nothing at all
I watch the autumn leaves as they fall

I sometimes seem a million miles away
I try to visit but I cannot stay
My spirit wanders through time and space
A smile is never very far from my face

I sing and chant in the middle of the day
I can always find games for myself to play
My mind drifts through space and time
I am a character in a nursery rhyme

You may see my in your street one day
I might not have very much to say
You may regard me as somewhat odd
Do not worry, I'm just talking to God

Cheers!

I think your poem captures it beautifully, Geof! It's really extraordinary and it jives almost to a T with some of my own life experiences, not to mention jives with what other mystics besides yourself quite often say.

By the way, the fifth line from the end has a typo. Just so you know. "My" should be "me", I suspect.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
I think your poem captures it beautifully, Geof! It's really extraordinary and it jives almost to a T with some of my own life experiences, not to mention jives with what other mystics besides yourself quite often say.

Glad you enjoyed it!

It's been quite a journey so far :)

Of course, officially I am "deluded" and my experiences are psychotic - a chemical imbalance in the brain ...

You may enjoy this -

One of the problems in explaining enlightenment is that we have to use words. Words are only symbols and don’t give the real understanding. The letters of a word are merely a code that the mind translates into meaning. Words only have meaning if you already have an experiential knowledge of what the words mean. If you were blind could you understand color through just words? Can you describe music to someone using only words? Can you describe the emotion of love only using the symbols of words? Words are only effective at communicating experience if the experience is already known. You know color, music, and emotion because you have perceived them directly. Enlightenment is not an experience that one already has a reference for and so a word description is not likely to be meaningful enough to convey an understanding.

Enlightenment | What is enlightenment | How to become enlightened | Compassion | Laughter | Divine Comedy

Thanks for your suport!

:)

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac

This is also about awakening and the fear of losing your mind! -

The Fear of Losing Your Mind

It's quite a wonder I haven't completely lost it along the way ...

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Of course, officially I am "deluded" and my experiences are psychotic - a chemical imbalance in the brain ...

Personally, I'd trust you to know better than most anyone the differences between a psychotic break and a mystical experience.

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Personally, I'd trust you to know better than most anyone the differences between a psychotic break and a mystical experience.

The line is a little blurred - psychotic ecstasy is an amazing experience but pretty wild and chaotic!

I am much more settled now - but still there are many moments of pure bliss.

Not that I am an "experience junkie" or anything!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
That's good to hear. Are those moments associated with any kind of perception or feeling of oneness?

Very hard to describe "bliss" - a bit like trying to explain the taste of an orange using just words if that other person hasn't ever tasted an orange.

Does that make sense?

I try NOT to get too "addicted" to any particular experience - much easier said than done ... :)

Thanks for your interest.

All the best!