• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex/Gender

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
How is that a slippery slope?
"The slippery slope fallacy is an argument that claims an initial event or action will trigger a series of other events and lead to an extreme or undesirable outcome. The slippery slope fallacy anticipates this chain of events without offering any evidence to substantiate the claim."

Claiming that gender and sex isn't a simple black and white, either or dichotomy, does not automatically lead to 7 billion genders.

That's how.

Kfox

"The slippery slope fallacy is an argument that claims an initial event or action will trigger a series of other events and lead to an extreme or undesirable outcome. The slippery slope fallacy anticipates this chain of events without offering any evidence to substantiate the claim."

Claiming that gender and sex isn't a simple black and white, either or dichotomy, does not automatically lead to 7 billion genders.

That's how.
Just because there are different varieties of (for example) male, doesn't mean they aren't all male.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Just because something is blue, doesn’t mean there can’t be different shades of blue while remaining blue

What does it mean to feel like a male? What is this feeling that only males have that females don't?
No, either sex can identify as the opposite gender, even as toddlers, before you'd think they had any awareness of sexuality at all. This is a real phenomonon, just like homosexuality. Children and adolescents will gravitate to the culturally typical dress and behaviors of the opposite sex. Some even insist they are that gender, or insist on dressing as it.
Now I don't understand it. I never recall "feeling" male, but this is what's reported and observed in many cases. Some people are truly uncomfortable with the social roles traditionally assigned their anatomical sex. If we value our neighbors' happiness and prosperity, why would we not do our best to accommodate them?
Just because a person is sexually attracted to females doesn’t mean they are male
I didn't say they were. I've even met homosexual transexuals, if you know what I mean. Gender and sexual identity is quite diverse. Our awareness of of it may be new, but the diversity has always been there.
Anything other than XX or XY is an abnormally. If we go by the science, If you have a Y sex Chromosome, you are male; if you have all X’s you are female regardless of abnormally.
OK, keep in mind that we're differentiating between anatomical or genetic sex, and social "gender" identity.
So anyone with at least one X chromosome you're defining as female? That's not always a functionally or socially practical designation. Insisting on a binary designation of diverse social identities or chromosomal variants causes a lot of misery.

Kfox

That's..... That's kind of exactly what that means.....
Not quite sure what you are saying here; are you agreeing with me that the fact that there are differences between biological males, doesn't mean they aren't all males? Or am I misunderstanding you.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Not quite sure what you are saying here; are you agreeing with me that the fact that there are differences between biological males, doesn't mean they aren't all males? Or am I misunderstanding you.

Probably the latter. But that's ok.

Kfox

No, either sex can identify as the opposite gender, even as toddlers, before you'd think they had any awareness of sexuality at all. This is a real phenomonon, just like homosexuality. Children and adolescents will gravitate to the culturally typical dress and behaviors of the opposite sex. Some even insist they are that gender, or insist on dressing as it.
Of course! But lipstick and a wig does not make you a woman.
Now I don't understand it. I never recall "feeling" male, but this is what's reported and observed in many cases.
I don’t think there is such a thing as “feeling like a male”.
Some people are truly uncomfortable with the social roles traditionally assigned their anatomical sex.
Traditional (sexist) roles have all been eliminated. If a biological female wants to be a soldier, that doesn’t mean she is a male.
If we value our neighbors' happiness and prosperity, why would we not do our best to accommodate them?
Why do they need my accommodation to be happy? Why is it so important to them that I confirm what they want to believe about themselves?
I didn't say they were.
So what did you mean when you said “to have male interests, and a sexual attraction to females”? And what are “male interests”? Is there such a thing anymore? If so, give examples.
OK, keep in mind that we're differentiating between anatomical or genetic sex, and social "gender" identity.
The person I was initially responding to (post #4) said gender and/or sex.
So anyone with at least one X chromosome you're defining as female? That's not always a functionally or socially practical designation. Insisting on a binary designation of diverse social identities or chromosomal variants causes a lot of misery.
No; I said with only X sex chromosomes.

Kfox

Such anomalies are quite common, though, and not only in humans.
True! These Abnormality happens with all mammals; and there is no they/them in the animal kingdom, they are all male/female; binary.
I find it odd that gender diversity is such a hot-button issue. Why would anyone care?
Yes! Why do they keep bringing it up? The way I see it; if you wanna believe a man can be a woman, and a woman can be a man, that’s fine; believe what you wanna believe. But if you gonna insist I believe it? That’s different.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
True! These Abnormality happens with all mammals; and there is no they/them in the animal kingdom, they are all male/female; binary.
Not just mammals. Homosexuality appears common in birds, as well.
Abnormality? Define, please. Is it a statistical thing? Are blond hair, green eyes or left handedness abnormal?
Yes! Why do they keep bringing it up? The way I see it; if you wanna believe a man can be a woman, and a woman can be a man, that’s fine; believe what you wanna believe. But if you gonna insist I believe it? That’s different.
"...a man can be a woman, and a woman a man?" This is the same binary taxonomy that's been found to be wrong, no?