• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex Ed

Irenicas

high overlord of sod all
I was talking to one of my friends that went to a chirstian private school. Aparently she was taught Sex ed by a nun. I thought that was quite funny.

dolly

Fra.Morelia said:
I bet a dollar my 9 year old nephew could rattle off the names of more STDs than I can. And up until his sex ed class he still thought it was for peeing. A wee bit early, I think.
If someone is going to teach it that young it should bloody well be the parents. Because that is a BIG call.

By 9 I'm assuming that you are talking about fourth grade. It needs to be taught this early. Girls can get their first period around then. Sexual activities start in fifth grade (or whenever kids in your area get in Middle school which is 5th here). The more "chaste" sex related games (kissing spin the bottle) start then, and by seventh and eighth grade, a significant amount of people are playing far less innocent sex related games/activities (oral sex spin the bottle, handjobs, etc). Kids have sex (vaginal, oral, etc) when they are in middle school, and many of them do not know how to do it safely. There needs to be education to scare them away from it. Maybe not in fourth, but somewhere between fourth and sixth. In fourth, they need to know the basic anatomy parts (especially the girls).

Most people don't realize how young these activities are being performed.

Ceridwen018

I went to a Catholic grade school--we had out first sex-ed in 6th grade if I'm remembering correctly, and then a sexual morality course in 8th.