• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sex before marrige opinions

Sunstone

De Diablo Del Fora
Premium Member
Well, I've read studies that 90% of Americans report having had sex before marriage. I not only think that it's ok, but I think it's wise in most cases. If you are considering marriage to someone, then you should have sex with them before marriage to determine whether you are sexually compatible with them, since sexual compatibility is such a big part of marriage. It's commonsense.

Crystal Red

Episkopos Crystal Red
Sunstone said:
Well, I've read studies that 90% of Americans report having had sex before marriage. I not only think that it's ok, but I think it's wise in most cases. If you are considering marriage to someone, then you should have sex with them before marriage to determine whether you are sexually compatible with them, since sexual compatibility is such a big part of marriage. It's commonsense.
I think you're forgetting the most important part, that it's fun. Sex before marriage in western countries is almost unheard of nowadays. I hate the way some religions look upon sex as wrong or bad, it's the most natural act in the world, but yes I agree protection protection protection! & that doesn't mean putting three condoms on!:sarcastic

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Sunstone said:
I must admit that is pretty identical to the way I see it; although part of me says'no' - and I don't even know why it says 'no'. Maybe it's a fight between the logic of the acceptance of saying "Yes, its ok" (because of all the reasons you have given above (which are all valid) and the 'emotional /Religious' part of me that says "But it's wrong".:)

Original Freak

I am the ORIGINAL Freak
I'm all about the free love baby...
hippy.gif

but again...

protection
biggun6.gif

protection
punch.gif

protection
lsvader.gif

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
Original Freak said:
I'm all about the free love baby...
hippy.gif
I think you mean free SEX
Love you pay for with commitment.:162:

Terry
_________________________________-
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Terrywoodenpic said:
I think you mean free SEX
Love you pay for with commitment.:162:

Terry
_________________________________-
Amen! Truly I say to you: Gather in my name. I am with you.
And sometimes, sweat & tears........:D but it's worth it!

huajiro

I have been through every situation you can imagine. I think it all revolves around moderation and getting to know someone completely and not concentrating on any single aspect. You shouldn't marry a person if you don't feel you have the "whole package".

I used to have a very, very active sex life. I met that special woman that I thought was "the one", and decided to wait until we got married to have a physical relationship. I ended up waiting 5 years!!! The unfortunate thing is that after marriage, I realized that we were not sexually compatible.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
If you have the willpower to wait before marriage to have sex, kudos to you. I just don't think it would be (well, would have been) practical for me to wait until gay marriage is legal here.

Fluffy

A fool
I don't think having sex before marriage is every wrong (as long as it is consenting, obviously) since both people are agreeing to the risks and therefore are responsible for any negative consequences. Therefore, any harm that is caused, is there choice and does not make the situation morally wrong.

Having said that, I think that it is more sensible to wait until you are in a committed relationship before having sex. It is certainly something I would want to do but I would not judge anyone who decided that they would rather not wait.

Aqualung

Tasty
Fluffy said:
I don't think having sex before marriage is every wrong (as long as it is consenting, obviously) since both people are agreeing to the risks and therefore are responsible for any negative consequences. Therefore, any harm that is caused, is there choice and does not make the situation morally wrong.

Having said that, I think that it is more sensible to wait until you are in a committed relationship before having sex. It is certainly something I would want to do but I would not judge anyone who decided that they would rather not wait.
That's pretty much how I feel, too. (though I do think that just becuase it is their choice does not make it morally okay. I think it's morally wrong, even if it their choice, but I'm certainly not going to go around and make people wait, especially if it's like Jensa's case, where waiting is completely impracticable.)

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
As a lifelong celibate, if I didn't have sex before marriage I'd never have sex at all! :D

Draka

Wonder Woman
Not only do I think it is okay to have sex before marriage I beleive it wise to live with a person for a while before marriage. Best to see how you REALLY work with a person before dragging legalities into it and find out later it doesn't work.

I married my first husband before ever living with him and regret it immensly. Had I known then what I know now I never would have married him and had to have undergone the torment and abuse I did.

As for sex, as it is an intregal part of a relationship (for the most part) I think it best to experience that as well. It is supposed to be the ultimate expression of love. It better feel that way too.

Though I am a BIG opponent of underage sex...in any form. Even with those the same age. Children need not have children or take the risk to put themselves in that situation. A lot of adults aren't ready for the consequences of sex, let alone children. And why rush? Why not enjoy the youth while you can and not pressure oneself to do something that they may look back on in later years and think "I SO wasn't ready"? Those who are older who had sex when they were young, can you really say it was the right thing to do NOW? Or do you regret the choices you made and wish you would have waited a bit longer?

Bastet

Vile Stove-Toucher
Draka said:
Though I am a BIG opponent of underage sex...in any form. Even with those the same age. Children need not have children or take the risk to put themselves in that situation. A lot of adults aren't ready for the consequences of sex, let alone children. And why rush? Why not enjoy the youth while you can and not pressure oneself to do something that they may look back on in later years and think "I SO wasn't ready"? Those who are older who had sex when they were young, can you really say it was the right thing to do NOW? Or do you regret the choices you made and wish you would have waited a bit longer?
Good point, and I tend to agree. I waited till I was 18, and I still think I wasn't ready...in between two long-term relationships, I went on a rampage of self-destructive one-night-stands. I wish I'd sorted out my confusion about my sexuality before I put myself through all that. :rolleyes: The thing I've found is that kids think they know it all (especially once they hit 18 and have "grown up"), and that even if you try to explain why it may be better to wait a while - not necessarily till marriage - they won't listen. I know I wouldn't have lol. Hindsight is 20/20.

Katzpur

Not your average Mormon
Wow! I can't believe I'm the only one so far to feel the way I do, but I believe that sex outside of marriage is wrong. Always.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Katzpur: What about with gays who currently can't get married, or may never be able to get married?