• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Setting goals for addicted and mentally ill folks

Riders

So being bipolar addicted to men and love and food I have to set goals social goals especially. I have been in the house alot except for my addiction and dating some of the men I have Ive been stuck in my house the past 15 years.

So I sat a goal to get out and go to the psychiatrist, I'm having to wait till next month. I wanted to set some social goals.I got out and went to AA last week. Going to meetings is my first goal.

I sat a goal to get out and go to a philosophy group instead of church. Its easier , I don't have to sit in a pew or climb stairs sit in a hard chair and hear sermon I might not agree with.

So Philosophy meets at a nice restaurant. I had to miss it a second time today, my password did not work at Uber then when I got it downloaded to my phone, they took the money out and did not show up for the trip.So I'm trying to get a hold of Uber to get my money back.

I was happy with myself got up showered dressed up nice and ready for my group. Just didn't make it.

So I might have to spend 24 bucks each way for the trip out there with a regular taxi which means it maybe 2 more weeks when I get paid next till I can get there.

But I have another goal. There's a game group RPG games actually close enough that I can buy a taxi friday night. I may go there instead of philosophy even though my philosophy teacher says hes putting off the topic till I make it next week, I'm not sure Ill be able to make it and he might be unhappy with me.

It maybe that going to games and AA meetings and maybe some Narcotics Anonymous meetings might be good and i'm sure if I can get to a woman's meeting it would be good for me, sense I have a hard time making friends with women.

But I see my road to recovery from food and sex and men being one day at a time getting use to goals. I have lost weight too YAY! Down to 288 from last month at 310 which is good, my weight is going good right now.

I will have to continue to drop weight to be able to get out and socialize because with this weight its hard for me to get out and look nice and primp up and take care of myself, the weight has to continue to drop off if I am too set goals.

I cant wait to get back into D and D!

whirlingmerc

So being bipolar addicted to men and love and food I have to set goals social goals especially. I have been in the house alot except for my addiction and dating some of the men I have Ive been stuck in my house the past 15 years.

So I sat a goal to get out and go to the psychiatrist, I'm having to wait till next month. I wanted to set some social goals.I got out and went to AA last week. Going to meetings is my first goal.

I sat a goal to get out and go to a philosophy group instead of church. Its easier , I don't have to sit in a pew or climb stairs sit in a hard chair and hear sermon I might not agree with.

So Philosophy meets at a nice restaurant. I had to miss it a second time today, my password did not work at Uber then when I got it downloaded to my phone, they took the money out and did not show up for the trip.So I'm trying to get a hold of Uber to get my money back.

I was happy with myself got up showered dressed up nice and ready for my group. Just didn't make it.

So I might have to spend 24 bucks each way for the trip out there with a regular taxi which means it maybe 2 more weeks when I get paid next till I can get there.

But I have another goal. There's a game group RPG games actually close enough that I can buy a taxi friday night. I may go there instead of philosophy even though my philosophy teacher says hes putting off the topic till I make it next week, I'm not sure Ill be able to make it and he might be unhappy with me.

It maybe that going to games and AA meetings and maybe some Narcotics Anonymous meetings might be good and i'm sure if I can get to a woman's meeting it would be good for me, sense I have a hard time making friends with women.

But I see my road to recovery from food and sex and men being one day at a time getting use to goals. I have lost weight too YAY! Down to 288 from last month at 310 which is good, my weight is going good right now.

I will have to continue to drop weight to be able to get out and socialize because with this weight its hard for me to get out and look nice and primp up and take care of myself, the weight has to continue to drop off if I am too set goals.

I cant wait to get back into D and D!

Congratulations on the weight loss

I know lots of bipolar people and I understand it's a struggle

ManSinha

As long as you are setting goals and continuing to strive towards them - it is great and yes - as someone that has struggled with weight - congratulations on the weight loss