• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Seeking God

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
What has been a stumbeling block for me in the search for God, has been the "outside noise" by others. The constant negativity felt, as soon God has been mention, or when someone trying to tell me "you don't have evidence of God, God does not exist " it has affected me tremendously and the search ha become tenfold more difficult. And I have been on the brink of giving up. ( over many years, I felt i wanted to give up)

But, you are not the problem in my struggle, you are a tool to test my ability to get through the test from God, the test from my own ego. And a test from all divine watching me.

I have been seeking outward, inward, but every time i got stuck. Every time i did not find God as I thought I would. The "I thought I would" is the Key, to why God has been hidden.

I keep finding my ugly face staring back at me :oops: telling me "you already have the answer" and. I am answering "my self"

"It can not be that easy....surely God is more complicated to realize than that."

What missing in my search for God is the refinement of my own aspect/quality of being. As long as I am not pure in every aspects, God will be fully or partely hidden to me.

"Purifying ones own being is the answer to realising God"

Stop focusing on what others tell you. And listen to the seeker within you.
You can not find love, if you do not become the Lover.

Last edited:

MyM

What has been a stumbeling block for me in the search for God, has been the "outside noise" by others. The constant negativity felt, as soon God has been mention, or when someone trying to tell me "you don't have evidence of God, God does not exist " it has affected me tremendously and the search ha become tenfold more difficult. And I have been on the brink of giving up. ( over many years, I felt i wanted to give up)

But, you are not the problem in my struggle, you are a tool to test my ability to get through the test from God, the test from my own ego. And a test from all divine watching me.

I have been seeking outward, inward, but every time i got stuck. Every time i did not find God as I thought I would. The "I thought I would" is the Key, to why God has been hidden.

I keep finding my ugly face staring back at me :oops: telling me "you already have the answer" and. I am answering "my self"

"It can not be that easy....surely God is more complicated to realize than that."

What missing in my search for God is the refinement of my own aspect/quality of being. As long as I am not pure in every aspects, God will be fully or partely hidden to me.

nice post :)

There is a Qudsi Hadith that says,

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
nice post :)

There is a Qudsi Hadith that says,

On the authority of Abu Harayrah (may Allah be pleased with him), who said that the Prophet (peace be upon him) said: Allah the Almighty said:

I am as My servant thinks I am (1). I am with him when he makes mention of Me. If he makes mention of Me to himself, I make mention of him to Myself; and if he makes mention of Me in an assembly, I make mention of him in an assemble better than it. And if he draws near to Me an arm's length, I draw near to him a fathom's length. And if he comes to Me walking, I go to him at speed.

(1) Another possible rendering of the Arabic is: "I am as My servant expects Me to be". The meaning is that forgiveness and acceptance of repentance by the Almighty is subject to His servant truly believing that He is forgiving and merciful. However, not to accompany such belief with right action would be to mock the Almighty.

It was related by al-Buhkari (also by Muslim, at-Tirmidhi and Ibn-Majah).
Thank you for sharing this @MyM:)

I was reading the 99 names of Allah, and something dawned on me.
Those names are what each one of us has to become from within, each name explain an aspect of being pure, and being one with Allah.

TransmutingSoul

Veteran Member
Premium Member

I pray that you reach the object of search and that naught but God lights your heart.

Regards Tony

Hockeycowboy

Witness for Jehovah
Premium Member
Why would you think so?

IMO, from what I understand of the Bible’s descriptions, He’s a person… just more powerful & wise & loving. And we are ‘made in His image’: our sense of justice and concern for others, governed by our innate conscience, is similar to His.

And just as a disobedient child can sadden their parents or an obedient child can make parents happy, so can we. — Proverbs 27:11

Unfortunately, most people nowadays sadden Jehovah. — 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Hope you’re doing well, my friend!

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
Why would you think so?

IMO, from what I understand of the Bible’s descriptions, He’s a person… just more powerful & wise & loving. And we are ‘made in His image’: our sense of justice and concern for others, governed by our innate conscience, is similar to His.

And just as a disobedient child can sadden their parents or an obedient child can make parents happy, so can we. — Proverbs 27:11

Unfortunately, most people nowadays sadden Jehovah. — 2 Timothy 3:1-5

Hope you’re doing well, my friend!
I thought so due to lack of understanding, everything boils down to that, only when realising our own lack of wisdom can wisdom fill us.

To empty the cup of past "knowledge" and refill it with wisdom, that takes a lot of effort until the cup has been emptied:)

MyM

Thank you for sharing this @MyM:)

I was reading the 99 names of Allah, and something dawned on me.
Those names are what each one of us has to become from within, each name explain an aspect of being pure, and being one with Allah.

The names of Allah are indeed beautiful :)
The qualities...imagine having such a degree of that multitude would have to be the Creator for no human in this world, past or present can be attributed to Allah.

One should try to be so eloquent. Fact is, we need to try but very difficult to do in a world like it is today. Is why Mohammad used to cry for his ummah.

May Allah guide us all on the straight path ameen

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
The names of Allah are indeed beautiful :)
The qualities...imagine having such a degree of that multitude would have to be the Creator for no human in this world, past or present can be attributed to Allah.

One should try to be so eloquent. Fact is, we need to try but very difficult to do in a world like it is today. Is why Mohammad used to cry for his ummah.

May Allah guide us all on the straight path ameen
It is true. I was about to fall, to give up and say.
I can not take it anymore.

But it was at that moment i had opened a website with the 99 names of Allah. It saved me, and it made me stronger.

Not giving up.

MyM

It is true. I was about to fall, to give up and say.
I can not take it anymore.

But it was at that moment i had opened a website with the 99 names of Allah. It saved me, and it made me stronger.

Not giving up.

In Islam, we are to never stop trying to gain knowledge. We are a learning machine :) Islam is such a vast religion, encompasses everything from creation, to the grave (and its punishments therein) and to the Day of Judgement. It is such a beautiful thing to know that Allah is so merciful to those who have mercy and believe in Him. Never give up! In Islam, if you give up on Allah, Allah in his infinite wisdom, can give up on you.

Be strong and persevere! For Allah loves those who go to him and repent to him and make du'a to him. In Islam, we are tested and we are given trials and even though we feel like there is no hope left in the world, there is Allah and that is the best gift he has given mankind.

Sura Ash-Sharah-Relief:94

94.jpg

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
In Islam, we are to never stop trying to gain knowledge. We are a learning machine :) Islam is such a vast religion, encompasses everything from creation, to the grave (and its punishments therein) and to the Day of Judgement. It is such a beautiful thing to know that Allah is so merciful to those who have mercy and believe in Him. Never give up! In Islam, if you give up on Allah, Allah in his infinite wisdom, can give up on you.

Be strong and persevere! For Allah loves those who go to him and repent to him and make du'a to him. In Islam, we are tested and we are given trials and even though we feel like there is no hope left in the world, there is Allah and that is the best gift he has given mankind.

Sura Ash-Sharah-Relief:94

View attachment 59116
The power of the truth is so amazing that giving up on it would be like saying "evil wins"

Brian2

Veteran Member

"Realizing God" is a term not often used in Christianity, if at all.
I imagine also that it would have a different meaning in Sufism to what it seems to have in Dharmic religions.
What does it mean for you?

Spirit of Light

Be who ever you want
"Realizing God" is a term not often used in Christianity, if at all.
I imagine also that it would have a different meaning in Sufism to what it seems to have in Dharmic religions.
What does it mean for you?
Thank you for asking:) your question is very important.

To me, it means to become one with God.
If we look at the 99 names of Allah each one of the names is a aspect of how God is, and t become like/one with God this 99 aspects of God is something a sufi trying to be like.
Those aspects is the path to Jannah or "enlightenment" as Buddhists would call it. To become one with the creator and the created.

Hope this made some sense :)

Ella S.

*temp banned*
From my perspective, God is always with us. We just have to shut up for a second to feel his presence in the stillness of the silence. :p

Link

Veteran Member
Premium Member
With addition to what people said.

The Angel Fitrus I remembered today when talking about Jinn and Angels in another thread. He got his wings restored through Waseela of Imam Hussain (a) and Nabi (s).

I myself was in severe doubt in Islam till I did Tawasul with the Nabi (s) and the story is in my signature in that regard.

Quran says "O You who believe fear God and seek unto him the intermediate means"

pearl

What has been a stumbeling block for me in the search for God,

Try turning the question around, 'God in search of you' lest you get lost in the 'noise'.

I believe it is that simple, when we feel the desire to pray, or meditate in silence, it is God not you who initiates that desire.