• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Secularist Setian

ViaSinistra

Theres much to learn from the "World of Horrors"... We are a school Daelach, not a Jar. We are allowed to come out and play.

A school is a Tool... nothing less, nothing more. Its up to the Individual to determine what he/she decides to fill his "Tool-Box" with and where he decides to use those Tools.

One who is recognised to II degree (Adept) by a III degree is not unlike any other educational program. You must be acknowledged by your Professor, in college, to advance..., this professor must be acknowledge by his fellow senior faculty to advance in his field.

A school...not a jar my friend.

Mr.Advocate

What do they have to gain from “initiating” you?

You’re looking at this from the eyes of an initiate. Try looking at it through the eyes of an initiator.

At what point is it necessary to serve the self, that one begins to teach others the tricks of your trade?

Altruism is a deceitful form of selfishness. So what is it that your “initiators” gain from imparting their “wisdom” to you? Could it be a following?

And since you are allowed to come out and play, I’ll ask one more question before you’re called in for supper. If a school is a tool, why are you not allowed to associate with any other school?

I find it interesting that you should be attempting to teach Daelach, when you yourself, appear to be a monkey at the monolith.

Sireal

Setian
Mr. Advocate wrote:
"You’re looking at this from the eyes of an initiate. Try looking at it through the eyes of an initiator. "

How does one become the Initiator?

"At what point is it necessary to serve the self, that one begins to teach others the tricks of your trade?"

When one learns those tricks, but that takes hard work not talk.

" So what is it that your “initiators” gain from imparting their “wisdom” to you? "

Good question!

"If a school is a tool, why are you not allowed to associate with any other school? "

ANother Good Question! You would do well to answer both of these for yourself.

blackout

Violet.
Oh yeah.. look at that!

I am an 'initiator' ;)... and I've never even stepped foot in a temple!

Hawt :flirt:

*Pass GO 10X. Collect $2,000. ahhh the wonders of personal "initiation" inflation...*

hehe...

Last edited:

blackout

Violet.
Some people like school.
It benefits them.

Some of us prefer hawt mentors.

No, I am not ashamed of the side of the line on which I fall.
lolol

*UV thinks maybe she should not post RIGHT after her morning nap*

hahaha!!!

Daelach

Setian
Theres much to learn from the "World of Horrors"...

Quite correct, I think we agree that learning opportunities do not have to bear the stamp "Setian" in order to be useful.

One who is recognised to II degree (Adept) by a III degree is not unlike any other educational program. You must be acknowledged by your Professor, in college, to advance..., this professor must be acknowledge by his fellow senior faculty to advance in his field.

It is unlike any other educational program. You see, I have been at a university (and have even managed to finish my studies successfully, JFTR), so I do notice several important differences.

- No university will refute dialogue and discussion with other universities. Quite the other way round, they will both compete and work together. They will evaluate what the others have worked out (peer review) - both for refuting unfounded claims and for extracting useful ideas.

- Everything is open to everybody. Even outsiders can read what a professor publishes. In fact, the more people read what he writes, the happier he is because this means a good name, and a good name means money for more research.

- Every professor can prove what exactly he did for obtaining that degree. A study, a master thesis, a doctor thesis for example. And everybody can check it out.

Now compare this to the TOS:

- It refutes dialogues with other "schools" because it thinks it is oh-so-overwhelming. Naturally, this will foster group think. That is the very reason why there is peer review in science.

- Nothing is open. The ordinary II may not even read the by-laws of their own "school" because they are in the Onyx Table which is open only to the III+.

- The claim is that the degrees are conferred "by Set". And who will judge it? Obviously, the priesthood. So there is nothing comparable to a doctor thesis. It is at the whim of some IV whether a II will get the black medallion or not. Naturally, the "Set gave the degree" stuff is a cloak for completely arbitrary decisions which thus cannot be questioned.

So the comparison with a school is completely out of place. It is not a school, it is a church. Nothing wrong with that since it is not "University of Set", but "Temple of Set". But it is a religious organisation like there are hundreds around. With the same old boring priestly manipulation tactics as any other church, order, sect or whatever. Read Nietzsche's Antichrist and compare his elaborations on the ancient Hebrew priesthood to the TOS' priesthood. Nothing new in that.

This does not mean that there is nothing to learn. There is some worthy stuff nearly everywhere. I mean, even the Catholic church is quite interesting regarding their proficiency in LBM (and they have remarkable parallels to the TOS' structure). And there was one and another (or so) articles in the RT which I found somewhat useful, yes. So, of course one can learn using this "toolbox", as you describe it, under the condition of being clear about what terms this will be on.

Neither does it mean that there cannot be intelligent people in a church. Actually, if you put the e.g. current pope in any average Satanic forum, I would bet my money on him.

But that does not make the TOS a school. In fact, the TOS lacks nearly every necessary precondition as to qualify as school. It is a church, after all.. and we all do know the differences between churches and universities, don't we? (-:

ViaSinistra

You’re looking at this from the eyes of an initiate. Try looking at it through the eyes of an initiator.

At what point is it necessary to serve the self, that one begins to teach others the tricks of your trade?

Altruism is a deceitful form of selfishness. So what is it that your “initiators” gain from imparting their “wisdom” to you? Could it be a following?

And since you are allowed to come out and play, I’ll ask one more question before you’re called in for supper. If a school is a tool, why are you not allowed to associate with any other school?

I find it interesting that you should be attempting to teach Daelach, when you yourself, appear to be a monkey at the monolith.

I was going say the same Sireal. He poses all these great questions, but he would be doing very well if he were to acknowledge the answers for himself. I'm guessing there is a fear of "the Work" to be done in accordance. Don't be discourage though Mr. advocate, it a common problem. This is why i intend to help you too.

Lets start with your first question.
You’re looking at this from the eyes of an initiate. Try looking at it through the eyes of an initiator. At what point is it necessary to serve the self, that one begins to teach others the tricks of your trade?

Answer.
We find what works and what doesn't... When there are more Initiates... the outcome is multiplied and refined. The rest i'll let you deduce: I've given you one Obvious answer.

Second Question:

Answer.
This is obvious once again... Think of it as joining a University then to a State college... Lets just say we can't mix the Credits..lol... Besides there is enough "Self Work" to keep us pre-occupied without the pretentious need to congregate.

Third Question.
Oh... you only posed two???

lol.. Now i guess it seems as though you've become "My" Monkey before your monolith, doesn't it? I've never been seen some ones monolith before... however, I could advocate you, you know, before in called in for supper.

Last edited:

Zakolyev

Left-Handed Dandy
I have a question that pertains not to general Setianism, but to involvement in the Temple of Set itself. Would I, as one who views the Prince of Darkness as a psychologically constructed entity within myself, find myself in a position to benefit from involvement with the Temple of Set?

Sireal

Setian
I have a question that pertains not to general Setianism, but to involvement in the Temple of Set itself. Would I, as one who views the Prince of Darkness as a psychologically constructed entity within myself, find myself in a position to benefit from involvement with the Temple of Set?

Zakolyev, Greetings.

IMO you would find the Temple of Set an excellent environment and to your benefit with such a perspective.

Zakolyev

Left-Handed Dandy
I am getting that impression. After all, for the follower of the Left-Hand Path, the goal of joining a religious organization should not be for the purpose of expecting such an organization to define his beliefs, but as a tool for his own enrichment. If there is benefit to be had, petty differences matter quite little.

Sireal

Setian
I am getting that impression. After all, for the follower of the Left-Hand Path, the goal of joining a religious organization should not be for the purpose of expecting such an organization to define his beliefs, but as a tool for his own enrichment. If there is benefit to be had, petty differences matter quite little.

You know it :)

ViaSinistra

I think you are on the right track my friend... and encourage that you look further into treading the Left Hand Path by way of the Temple of Set. If it's not for you, than we can all agree that you know because you tried, had given that extra effort needed. And I'll give you my blessings no matter what Path you chose.

Sireal

Setian
I think you are on the right track my friend... and encourage that you look further into treading the Left Hand Path by way of the Temple of Set. If it's not for you, than we can all agree that you know because you tried, had given that extra effort needed. And I'll give you my blessings no matter what Path you chose.

Via

Please PM me on the PoN.

Priest of Set,