• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

"Secret Video Shows Kentucky Biology Teacher Promoting Christianity to Students"

Shad

Veteran Member
I took calculus in HS. But this person, who was in college studying to be a physics teacher of all things, had no education at all in calculus and was surprised when I asked him about it. I simply can't see teaching even high school physics without at least a few quarters of calculus.

A lot of teacher programs do not require any expertise in the subject taught. Only demonstration of expertise in the teachers program. Fact is some teachers are gloried babysitters.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
A lot of teacher programs do not require any expertise in the subject taught. Only demonstration of expertise in the teachers program. Fact is some teachers are gloried babysitters.
Yep, one of the problems of the U.S. educational system.

Salvador

RF's Swedenborgian
This Kentucky high school teacher, who enthusiastically proselytizes Christianity, should be transferred from teaching biology to teaching a Bible study class, which is an elective course available to Kentucky high school students. Kentucky is in the Bible Belt.

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
And we wonder why so many Americans don't believe in the ToE and deny climate change.
I hear the flat Earth "theory" is becoming popular.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
How is that teacher qualified to teach biology?

When was it decided that the cross was the universal sign of Jesus? Why not find a fish shape, or something else? Is every cross shape you come upon placed there by God as a religious sign?

Is the Virgin Mary on a tortilla a sign of God? Krishna on a chapatti? Jesus in the clouds? ...and who's face is that on Mars, anyway?
This is all apophenic nonsense.

A teacher with no skill in logic or critical analysis has no business teaching. Magical Thinking should not be part of the curriculum.
I'm thankful she wasn't teaching about the value of lanolin in the human body.

Shad

Veteran Member
And we wonder why so many Americans don't believe in the ToE and deny climate change.

It is a problem in Canada as well. Worse still is the fact I found out as a teenager when I corrected a teacher's error which was in their course book.

I hear the flat Earth "theory" is becoming popular.

I wouldn't be surprised especially with Youtube these days