• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Second Amendment

Skwim

Veteran Member
Geeze, you really are serious.
Ew.
You have a better explanation for the gun nuts?

woah.jpg
gunnutarticleforbelloflostsouls1.jpg
guncollector1-web-300x225.jpg
Nugent-Gun-Nut.jpg
U401P4T8D4492541F5012DT20130116104758.jpg
images.jpg
1435712993330.jpg

Perhaps you might start your own thread to defend the claim.
No need to defend well known facts.

Why do you suppose there are so many images linking gun ownership to penises?

assault-weapons-gun-ban-senate-penis-encouragement-ecards-someecards.png
guns-penis.jpg
1343071794062_864830.png

Skwim

Veteran Member
That's hilarious. I have neither a penis, nor a gun --- but I "can't face the truth of the relevance." OK.
You don't have to in order to fail to face the truth of the relevance. I thought that would obvious.

You do seem to care enough to make a sexual, or genitalia, connection to gun ownership/interest here. You sure do.
It's not my fault there's a correlation.

There is not a necessary correlation between guns and penises, like there is with bras to boobs.
No there isn't a necessary correlation, but here we are, faced with one nonetheless. :shrug:

One has to make up a correlation.
No one doesn't. All one has to do is recognize it. Correlations are there regardless if anyone recognizes them or not.

If there is a psychological "association" between the two, I think it resides with the person that forms that association -- rather than the person one fabricates having knowledge about. That's the person who get to "own" it, not the person they fabricated a psychological evaluation about.
Bad thinking then.

If I hear the word "gun" I don't think a penis is the "object of it's purpose"
Okay.

If there was no boob, there'd be no need for a bra. No boob. No bra. Big bras indicate BIG BOOBS. Woman with big boobs are note trying to "compensate" for something by buying big bras.
Just as guns aren't used for urination. Now what? Each functions in its own way. Bras to bolster boobs, and guns to bolster one's sense of sexual adequacy.

No penis. No gun. Or, no gun, no penis. (What a silly correlation to make up. I can't even keep a straight face trying to type it.)
Of course it's silly. What isn't silly is the correlation between sexual inadequacy and gun obsession.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
You don't have to in order to fail to face the truth of the relevance. I thought that would obvious.

It's not my fault there's a correlation.

No there isn't a necessary correlation, but here we are, faced with one nonetheless. :shrug:

No one doesn't. All one has to do is recognize it. Correlations are there regardless if anyone recognizes them or not.

Bad thinking then.

Okay.

Just as guns aren't used for urination. Now what? Each functions in its own way. Bras to bolster boobs, and guns to bolster one's sense of sexual adequacy.

Of course it's silly. What isn't silly is the correlation between sexual inadequacy and gun obsession.
Do you have any evidence for this penis obsession of yours?
Or is it all personal research into gun owners' junk?

Skwim

Veteran Member
Have any evidence other than personal insight?
The obsession with gun possession among American males is a given; it's one of those common knowledge things. So, the question comes down to "why." Why are so many American males obsessed with possessing guns? So far no reason has been put forward other than compensation for sexual inadequacy (manliness at the very least--the Rambo syndrome). And, until something else comes along to explain it, sexual inadequacy remains the only game in town, which is why the penis and gun ownership are tied together---psychologically, it makes good sense. So it's no coincidence we get scenes like this in movies.

moviemusic_fullmetaljacket.jpg

Find a better reason for the American males' obsession with gun ownership and I'll listen.

As a parting observation:

Heston_cold_dead_hands.jpg
isn't rational. It's pure fruitcake. Yet it was a slogan the NRA put on a series of bumper stickers, which says a lot about the organization.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
The obsession with gun possession among American males is a given; it's one of those common knowledge things..
I see.
This fully clarifies your foundation.....movies, personal penis research, & the argument of obviousness.

Now we just need a gun-issues-sans-genitalia DIR.

Last edited:

Skwim

Veteran Member
Skwim said:
The obsession with gun possession among American males is a given; it's one of those common knowledge things..
I see. This fully clarifies your foundation.....movies, personal penis research, & the argument of obviousness.
Actually, the foundation for the recognizing the gun obsession is, in part: Guns per 100 Residents (2014). United States: 112.6 Next highest. Serbia: 69.7 *

Now we just need a gun-issues-sans-genitalia DIR.
Yeah, any port in a storm. After failing to come up with an alternative explanation for the American males' obsession with gun ownership I can only imagine how disheartening it must be to recognize that sexual inadequacy remains the only game in town.

.............An old one, but still relevant
guns-penis-Horsey-cartoon.jpg

Thankfully, I'm fine with my masculinity, thank you. Just give me a ham sandwich and hold the ammayo.

* Source: Wikipedia

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
What is silly is acting like gun ownership is the same as gun obsession.
Easier to attack the former if they're conflated, eh?
Every gun owner....cop, soldier, hunter, etc....both men & women.....all coveting big male genitalia.

Guns, motorcycles, knives, tools, & other machines have always attracted & intrigued guys....& some gals.
Yet it's all chalked up to sexual inadequacy, with no better evidence than a scene in Full Metal Jacket.
Those who proffer such facile pop psychology should imagine how this makes them appear to others.

4consideration

Premium Member
Not penis obsession; GUN obsession. You're confusing cause and effect.
No, it looks like it's your penis obsession and this issue. People can own guns without being obsessed. Some may be obsessed, but many are not.

In your post #164 you introduced a graphic indicating that "assault rifles" had something to do with penis size.

Another member called you on insulting the people (gun owners) that like what you don't like. It is obvious to me that member was talking about liking guns and that you chose to throw a personal insult in there.

In your reply to that member, your post #199, you said this:
Sorry you don't like penises. No insult intended.
It really doesn't matter to me if you like penises. I like them, too, in the appropriate time and place. But...I consider this much more evidence of this being your obsession, than I consider a few wacky pictures of guys with guns to be indicative of the people that own guns are obsessed with guns. A person can find some nut cases in any group.

It is not my experience that the people I know that hunt, or use guns for target shooting, are anywhere near as wacky as the pictures you post.

Skwim

Veteran Member
Sorry guys, I know how fascinating this dialog has become and how you'd love nothing better than continue. It's been a fun give-and-take, but I've grown a bit weary of it all and am going to jump ship.
So, take your last shots
110_F_49956134_jgppOnJESONUFfSI0mcxWjQ7S3P0Tnm2.jpg

or whatever, and have a good day.​

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Sorry guys, I know how fascinating this dialog has become and how you'd love nothing better than continue. It's been a fun give-and-take, but I've grown a bit weary of it all and am going to jump ship.
So, take your last shots

Your shoe is untied!

What....too soon?

4consideration

Premium Member
So, take your last shots

Skwim, I was not trying to be hurtful. If I went too far on that point, I apologize for that.

I don't want to take shots at you for the sake of taking shots at you.

What I am trying to communicate is that it seems to me, whether it is intended as such, or not -- that the reference to the size of penises of people who own guns -- has the effect of making an announcement like, "OK, everybody...see...anyone here that speaks positively about gun ownership, or admits to owning guns, no need to listen to them, because it's not about anything else but the fact they have a tiny dick, or wish they had one."

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
Skwim, I was not trying to be hurtful. If I went too far on that point, I apologize for that.

I don't want to take shots at you for the sake of taking shots at you.

What I am trying to communicate is that it seems to me, whether it is intended as such, or not -- that the reference to the size of penises of people who own guns -- has the effect of making an announcement like, "OK, everybody...see...anyone here that speaks positively about gun ownership, or admits to owning guns, no need to listen to them, because it's not about anything else but the fact they have a tiny dick, or wish they had one."
Oh, don't be so namby pamby, girlie!
He said take a parting shot.
I took mine.
Now, you take yours.
(Just don't top mine. The fragile ego thing, you know.)