• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Sea Monkeys?

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
I found out today that U.S. taxpayers paid $307,524 dollars for a study that trained sea monkeys to swim in synchronized motion, obey commands of a beam of light to do loop-ti-loops and dancing motions to determine if the collective "swirl" of sea monkeys can generate enough "swirling flow" to potentially influence the circulation of water in oceans.

I recall ads for "sea monkeys" for sale on the back of comic books when I was a little kid, I always thought they were some sort of sponge that expands in water and a gimmick, but it appears there are sea monkeys and they are so powerful they generate swirls that circulate entire oceans, amazing creatures.

Can anyone tell me about sea monkeys? Is there a study to determine if they have alien outerspace origin? Amazing critters who can be trained to dance! Are there people who eat sea monkeys, and can they be a vector for ebola like fruit bats, green monkeys and prairie dogs? Did we evolve from sea monkeys?

What are sea monkeys?

sea_monkey_pic_0.jpg

ShivaFan

Satyameva Jayate
Premium Member
OMG! They are real! Thanks "W" (dubbya), your link led me to THIS - dancing sea monkeys!
[youtube]aXqPEgjuetU[/youtube]
http://m.youtube.com/watch?feature=youtu.be&v=aXqPEgjuetU

Actually, they make me feel sort'a sick. No way would I want this critter in my house! They are yucky! Just looking at them makes me want to take a bath, and nightmares of them getting an egg into my glass of water, growing and then eating my intestine.

They are as ugly as a centipede.

Erebus

I had some sea monkeys as a kid. Not a bad pet for a child, they're cheap and very easy to look after (goldfish are demanding by comparison).

Karl Hister

I think it would be funnier if you could do the same with mosquito larvae, "oh look at the cute little sea monkeys, can't wait till I can train them!"
bzzzzzzzz

Valjean

Veteran Member
Premium Member
I had some sea monkeys as a kid. Not a bad pet for a child, they're cheap and very easy to look after (goldfish are demanding by comparison).
And if you get tired of them you can feed them to the goldfish...

psychoslice

Veteran Member
I was disappointed when I was a kid when I got my sea monkeys, they look like water fleas, not interesting at all.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
I used to have porch monkeys when I landlorded in student housing.
(Here, "porch monkey" refers to a student, typically a white one.)
They're more destructive (& less tasty) than brine shrimp.

dust1n

Zindīq
NOW I REMEMBER WHEN I HEARD THE TERM FROM.
[youtube]dWdVwt2deY4[/youtube]

INCREDIBLY 18+ BAD WORDS< NO KIDS AHAHHA.

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
NOW I REMEMBER WHEN I HEARD THE TERM FROM.
[youtube]dWdVwt2deY4[/youtube]

INCREDIBLY 18+ BAD WORDS< NO KIDS AHAHHA.

Some terms mean different things to different people in different locations
at different times. So care must be used in their use.
Even when applied to students, the term is not openly used. Educational
affiliation is a protected group, which would include university students.
Note: I've never even seen a group of non-white porch monkeys.

Last edited: