• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists hail discovery in remote New Guinea

linwood

This is cool.

An astonishing mist-shrouded "lost world" of previously unknown and rare animals and plants high in the mountain rainforests of New Guinea has been uncovered
by an international team of scientists.

Independent

Flappycat

If it hadn't been discovered, it would eventually have been inadvertantly bulldozed. It's got better chances in the longterm now we have it out in the open. Hopefully, some nice rich folks'll buy up the land to keep it protected. Hey, some people do actual good things with megatons of money.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
The story of how all those monotremes got there all the way from Mt. Ararat must be an inspiring one ...

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
painted wolf said:
Its always wonderful to hear about these places... lets hope they can protect it now that the secret is out.

wa:do
Quite, no imports or exports, I hope. They should keep it as it is. I can only hope someone has the sense to ensure that is done.;)

michel

Administrator Emeritus
Staff member
Jayhawker Soule said:
The story of how all those monotremes got there all the way from Mt. Ararat must be an inspiring one ...
Dr Who's Tardis?:D

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Jayhawker Soule said:
Bwahahahahahahahahaha!!!!!!!!!!! Sounds like its time to write a screenplay. The Fantastic Voyage II, Monotremes On The Move!!

B.

A

angellous_evangellous

Jayhawker Soule said:
I'm sure that AiG can come up with something entertaining.

EDIT: I contacted AiG for an explanation. I'll check back in a few days and see if it makes the website.

EDIT #2: After poking around on their website, I did find an explanation for how animals made it to Australia. http://www.answersingenesis.org/Home/Area/faq/migration.asp

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Angellous,

That was one of the most hilarious and at the same time infuriating things I have read in recent memory. Amazing stuff indeed. A literal reading of the Bible, which leads us to beleive in spite of OVERWHELMING evidence to the contrary that a Noahic Flood occured would by necessity have that flood occuring some time in the 5,777 or so years since Adam was born.

Seems to me that most folks who beleive in the Bible literally pretty much accept that there was roughly 2,000 years between Adam and the Flood, 2,000 years between the Flood and Jesus, and 2,000 years between Jesus and today. Well giving these folks the benefit of the doubt, lets say they are right. If so, then we have the Biblical Flood roughly 4,000 years ago.

Herein lies one of the roughly 3.6 billion problems with a Biblical Flood story being true. 4,000 years ago, the Earth was not covered in water!!!! And we know this cause at that time, the Egyptian Empire was smack in the middle of its glorious Old Kindgom, which began 2,650 years before the Christian Era.

I wonder how those "Christian Geologists" would go about explaining how a Flood covered the entire world right in the middle of the height of the Egyptian dynasty, and didn't wash away the pyramids, which were already being constructed during this time of the flood, without the Egyptians noticing. . . methinks something stinks. . . .

That rant aside, they did have something entertaining with their rabbit theory. I am just wondering tho, how kangaroo's managed to mate across a sea. I can understand with my little pea brain (remember, according to AIG, we as mere men, are just a bunch of idiots) how a breeding population of rabbits in a couple of hundred rabbit generations could populate a continent, but I cannot with my feeble human intellect, come up with how they, or the kangaroos could do the same over the thousands of miles of sea that they would have to cross.

Come to think of it, maybe AIG is on to something with their thoughts of the tiny intellect of humans. If someone is reading what I just read on that link, and beleive it, then AIG may be spot on with their expectations of human intelligence.

B.

MdmSzdWhtGuy

Ask and ye shall receive my brothers and sisters:

http://www.answersingenesis.org/creation/v4/i1/noahs_flood.asp

They have pinpointed the date of the Flood (trumpets sound!!!) 2,304 B.C.

So, all of the buildings on Earth, everything that has been built, or has grown has done so in the past 4,310 years. Meaning that the pyramids built before this don't exist, even though you can go and sit on them. You are sitting on an illusion, apparently. Don't bother going to Saqqara, Egypt to look at the Djoser step pyramid, built for Imhotep 4,656 years ago, even tho it appears to be there, and you WILL stub your toe if you walk into it, it really isn't there, cause it can't be. And I know it can't be, cause the Bible says so.

http://homeworkhelp.aol.com/default?id=20050712120109990001

Hmm, what else do we have? . . . . Here is an amazing survival story. This living tree somehow managed to live, under saltwater for over 10 months. This tree, nicknamed Methuselah is a Bristlecone Pine known to be 4,789 years old. But then, that can't be, can it? Surely these pesky scientist types are trying to fool us. This is all just a trick of the Devil to try and get us away from our faith, right?

http://www.blueplanetbiomes.org/bristlecone_pine.htm

And I don't even know how I can begin to explain these guys. . . .

http://www.extremescience.com/OldestLivingThing.htm

Imagine claiming living creatures which were not taken aboard the Ark, and which not only managed to survive the Flood, but which appear to predate the creation of the Earth itself. Sacrilige.

I have to quit this, I could quite literally go on all day and night. AIG is so absolutely infuriating. It would be comical if I weren't convinced that there were grown adults actually reading that site and relying on the garbage they throw out there as "creation science" or some other such tripe.

B.