• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists find that the first Britons had black skin:

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Did you not know that Wales had Cromagons and the same genetic prehistory as did Ireland? Black Irish are said to have black hair and blue eyes... but they don't look at all like that strange lumpy-faced man with squinty blue eyes, either... which many people are calling Cromagnon, but I call Photoshop.

Sorry, I had a major brain-####. I conflated Neanderthal with Cro-magnon. Cro-Magnon were homo sapiens, so of course they would look a lot like the man on the street.

giphy.gif

Skwim

Veteran Member
They didn't evolve light skin, they married Nordics.
Really. When was that?

" Prehistoric Britain
The earliest evidence of human occupation around 900,000 years ago is at Happisburgh on the Norfolk coast, with stone tools and footprints probably made by Homo antecessor. The oldest human fossils, around 500,000 years old, are of Homo heidelbergensis at Boxgrove in Sussex. Until this time Britain was permanently connected to the Continent by a chalk ridge between south-east England and north-east France called the Weald-Artois Anticline, but during the Anglian Glaciation around 425,000 years ago a megaflood broke through the ridge, creating the English Channel, and after that Britain became an island when sea levels rose during interglacials. Fossils of very early Neanderthals dating to around 400,000 years ago have been found at Swanscombe in Kent, and of classic Neanderthals about 225,000 years old at Pontnewydd in North Wales. Britain was unoccupied by humans between 180,000 and 60,000 years ago, when Neanderthals returned. By 40,000 years ago they had become extinct and modern humans had reached Britain. But even their occupations were brief and intermittent due to a climate which swung between low temperatures with a tundra habitat and severe ice ages which made Britain uninhabitable for long periods. The last of these, the Younger Dryas, ended around 11,700 years ago, and since then Britain has been continuously occupied.

Mesolithic people occupied Britain by around 11,000 BP, and it has been occupied ever since. By 8000 BC temperatures were higher than today, and birch woodlands spread rapidly, but there was a cold spell around 6,200 BC which lasted about 150 years. The plains of Doggerland were thought to have finally been submerged around 6500 to 6000 BC

In 1997, DNA analysis was carried out on a tooth of Cheddar Man, human remains dated to c. 7150 BC found in Gough's Cave at Cheddar Gorge. His Mitochondrial DNA (mtDNA) belonged to Haplogroup U5. Within modern European populations, U5 is now concentrated in North-East Europe, among members of the Sami people, Finns, and Estonians. This distribution and the age of the haplogroup, indicate that individuals belonging to U5 were among the first people to resettle Northern Europe, following the retreat of ice sheets from the Last Glacial Maximum, about 10,000 years ago. It has also been found in other Mesolithic remains in Germany, Lithuania, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Sweden, France and Spain. Members of U5 may have been one of the most common haplogroups in Europe, before the spread of agriculture from the Middle East."

Source:Wikipedia​

Kangaroo Feathers

Yea, it is written in the Book of Cyril...
The Cheddar Man only goes back 7,100 years, whereas "the migration away from the tropics [was] between 125,000 and 65,000 years ago into areas of low UV radiation."
Source: Wikipedia.

So, with skin as dark as illustrated, I seriously doubt he was part of the migration. That those in Great Britain had already evolved lighter skin.

Great Britain was colonised and depopulated repeatedly. At the height of the ice ages, it was literally under kilometers of ice

Skwim

Veteran Member
Great Britain was colonised and depopulated repeatedly. At the height of the ice ages, it was literally under kilometers of ice
Not sure which Ice ages you're referring to, but during the last ice age, the Late Devensian and Midland glaciation of 70,000 years to about 10 000 years bp, Great Britain was never under the bulk of the glaciation but under its thinner margins. Therefore, while the glaciation did reach 3-4 km at its thickest points, in GB it was <900 m. thick.

Kangaroo Feathers

Not sure which Ice ages you're referring to, but during the last ice age, the Late Devensian and Midland glaciation of 70,000 years to about 10 000 years bp, Great Britain was never under the bulk of the glaciation but under its thinner margins. Therefore, while the glaciation did reach 3-4 km at its thickest points, in GB it was <900 m. thick.

Still not conducive to human life, really.

Kangaroo Feathers

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
Yes, although I wasn't JUST talking about the most recent ice age. I DID say "the height of", but let's not bog down. My point was that Britain has been colonised and abandoned by people multiple times.
That is rather obvious since one of the sources puts the first "humans" on Britain long before Homo Sapiens evolved.

Kangaroo Feathers

That is rather obvious since one of the sources puts the first "humans" on Britain long before Homo Sapiens evolved.
It may not have been obvious to the poster to whose comment I was replying. But again, let's not bog down over semantics and which specific Ice Age I was talking about when I was commenting in general.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
It may not have been obvious to the poster to whose comment I was replying. But again, let's not bog down over semantics and which specific Ice Age I was talking about when I was commenting in general.

The problem is that there of course have been multiple emigrations to Britain. For example the fore mentioned Red Lady of Paviland was found in an area that was clear in the latest glaciation. There could be descendants of him still there today. We have no idea what his skin color was like. The much more recent example that I posted was only 10,000 years ago, shortly after the glaciation ended and the land would have still been largely uninhabited. Skin color is a minor change and 10,000 years should be no barrier to losing excessive pigment for England's climate.

Kangaroo Feathers

The problem is that there of course ...
The problem, my dear fellow, is you seem to be assuming rather a bit of knowledge on behalf of the layman. I would contend that most people have very little idea about the various waves of migration in prehistory, particularly racial nationalists who seem to think everyone started out pretty much where they are now. I'm trying to speak in a way that those without our level of "of course" on the matter may learn.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
They didn't evolve light skin, they married Nordics.

Update: my appologies for flipancy.

So... do we really know what color skin the CroMagnon race has? Yeah, we probably do. Cheddar Man had recent relatives, too. Some are saying that CroMagnon was R1b... which makes the Welsh indigenous... and should give a much needed road block to the Immigration Invasion coming from Africa and Asia.

The movie Braveheart has the monumental phrase being given by the English representative, but it could just as easily be said by and for any attempted genocidal movement:

If we can't GET them out, we'll BREED them out.

At what point does the Welsh Cro-Magon get to stand up and be counted as the indigenous race of Britain? And therefore, fall under the protection of the UN... if not under the protection of the I-haplogroup which appear to be running things.

OtherSheep

<--@ Titangel
(Indigenous People of Britain)

"Nick Griffin
used his Question Time appearance to declare: "The indigenous people of this island are the English, the Scots, the Welsh and the Irish … We are the aborigines here," and both his party, the BNP, and the English Defence League regularly invoke the UN declaration on the rights of indigenous peoples."
There is no such thing as an 'indigenous' Briton | James Mackay and David Stirrup

Anyone have any idea why the guy thinks the English were indigenous? Or why the other two guys think there's no indigenous Briton... other than the obvious OWO-agenda.

The Welsh and Cornish certainly are indigenous. (Peoples are not their languages.) The DNA says Britain was predominantly R1b and I, before the 1500s.

Why would anyone think either of those two types were black-skinned? The Red Man of Paviland had zero black characteristics. (Afrocentricism is created to make people feel good about what doesn't belong to them... thou shalt not covet, thou shalt not immigrate.)

Last edited:

Tambourine

Since homo sapiens has come from East Africa, then what does it mean to be "indigenous" to a place outside of that region?

MNoBody

nobody mentioned the Olmecs of the Americas who were ancient peoples who got displaced by the current inhabitants.....
El_Manati_2.JPG

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Of course, but not instantaneously. With England's weather the need for more vitamin D could speed the process up a bit. What surprised me is that the person had blue eyes. I thought that mutation arose in the Germanic regions of Europe.

I am very late coming to this thread but thought i should mention i have blue eyes and researched the reason.

Sometime between 6 and 10 thousand years ago in Turkey a mutation occured in an none descript gene that in itself has no effect. However that gene happens to sit right next to the OCA2 gene which controls the poroduction of melanin.

The mutation impacted the OCA2 gene causing it to reduce the amount of menanin

Result blue eyes

Last edited: