• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists finally prove there IS life after death

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Two atheists talking about them still doesn't make them atheistic in nature.

wiki:
several [cosmologists) complained that the beginning of time implied by the Big Bang imported religious concepts into physics; this objection was later repeated by supporters of the steady state theory.[42] This perception was enhanced by the fact that the originator of the Big Bang theory, Monsignor Georges Lemaître, was a Roman Catholic priest.

Hoyle disagreed on its interpretation. He found the idea that the universe had a beginning to be pseudoscience, resembling arguments for a creator,

"for it's an irrational process, and can't be described in scientific terms"

JoStories

Believe me men don't care much about their look as most women do, i didn't say all women do, some
women don't care about men and they have a lot of confidence on themselves that makes them liberated from men.

Can you imagine a famous business woman wearing a sexy dress, but if she has nothing to offer then her body is the only
thing to attract men for, this is really sad, I don't know why women can't realize that her modest dress is a dignity for her own self,
it's like saying "I don't care much about you men".

d264ac3551b4690523d72801b757a368.jpg

Business-women-quotes.jpg
First of all, lots of men care very much how they look. I would assume you have worn a suit in your life. Is that not caring about how you look? And why can't a business woman wear a sexy dress? Who wrote that rule? The bottom line is that you don't get to decide what a woman will or will not wear and whether or not that makes that woman feel good. You cannot enter the mind of another and know how they feel. Furthermore, you don't get to make the rules for women, only the woman can do that. Your thinking is, at best, antiquated.

JoStories

It isn't the men and the Gods who put such limits, can I post here a woman's boobs?
Do you think I ain't allowed to do it here because of the Gods?
The difference here is societal norms. A naked woman is really not all that big a deal in many countries and cultures. It is America who is the most prudish really, IMO.

Rick O'Shez

Irishman bouncing off walls
wiki:
several [cosmologists) complained that the beginning of time implied by the Big Bang imported religious concepts into physics; this objection was later repeated by supporters of the steady state theory.[42] This perception was enhanced by the fact that the originator of the Big Bang theory, Monsignor Georges Lemaître, was a Roman Catholic priest.

Hoyle disagreed on its interpretation. He found the idea that the universe had a beginning to be pseudoscience, resembling arguments for a creator,

That's the great thing about science, it's view develops as new evidence emerges. It is a learning curve, not a clinging to irrational beliefs.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
First of all, lots of men care very much how they look. I would assume you have worn a suit in your life. Is that not caring about how you look? And why can't a business woman wear a sexy dress? Who wrote that rule? The bottom line is that you don't get to decide what a woman will or will not wear and whether or not that makes that woman feel good. You cannot enter the mind of another and know how they feel. Furthermore, you don't get to make the rules for women, only the woman can do that. Your thinking is, at best, antiquated.

God doesn't force women what to wear or to be punished for their choices of what to wear,
God advises them that wearing modest dress is good for them, forcing women in Iran and
Saudi Arabia to wear specific dress has nothing to do with the concepts of Islam.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
wiki:

I've read this many times before. I've even responded to it. You're a broken record.

My point stands.

You need some new material.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
God doesn't force women what to wear or to be punished for their choices of what to wear,
God advises them that wearing modest dress is good for them, forcing women in Iran and
Saudi Arabia to wear specific dress has nothing to do with the concepts of Islam.
What does god want women to wear? Does this god also want men to dress modestly?

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It isn't the men and the Gods who put such limits, can I post here a woman's boobs?
Do you think I ain't allowed to do it here because of the Gods?

Between showing boobs and dress up like Batman, there is a whole range of possibilities. By the way, if it is neither men nor the Gods who impose those limits, what is it? Do you think there is an automatic web boobs recognition program that will prevent you to post boobs on this site?

But back to the main question: do you, or your gods, favor women to dress up like the phantoms in a medieval Scottish castle? I ask because my children ask me why they are dressed like that in central Switzerland outside the carnival period.

Ciao

- viole

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Between showing boobs and dress up like Batman, there is a whole range of possibilities. By the way, if it is neither men nor the Gods who impose those limits, what is it? Do you think there is an automatic web boobs recognition program that will prevent you to post boobs on this site?

It's the rules

But back to the main question: do you, or your gods, favor women to dress up like the phantoms in a medieval Scottish castle? I ask because my children ask me why they are dressed like that in central Switzerland outside the carnival period.

Ciao

- viole

Didn't they ever see sisters in a church?

2936gravesjpg_00000002137.jpg

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
It's the rules

Didn't they ever see sisters in a church?

2936gravesjpg_00000002137.jpg

Sure, and they asked me the same question. Especially when nuns run around outside church. To them, they look equally funny.

You make me feel like I have a preference for different kinds of Batman's costumes. Or dressing codes imposed by equally plausible divinities.

I do not.

Ciao

- viole

Jumi

You don't see nuns in most churches. At least not in a protestant country. I've only seen nuns on TV and once on the street. I think they were foreigners.

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Sure, and they asked me the same question. Especially when nuns run around outside church. To them, they look equally funny.

You make me feel like I have a preference for different kinds of Batman's costumes. Or dressing codes imposed by equally plausible divinities.

I do not.

Ciao

- viole

Do you know what women in the Muslim countries wear aside from Iran and Saudi Arabia?

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
That's the great thing about science, it's view develops as new evidence emerges. It is a learning curve, not a clinging to irrational beliefs.

I quite agree

Hoyle clung to those explicitly atheist objections to the big bang till his dying day, but science left those beliefs behind.

Just one of many stark examples of science v atheism.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
I've read this many times before. I've even responded to it. You're a broken record.

My point stands.

You need some new material.

The objection to the big bang was explicitly atheist, not scientific. That was the point.

I can't change matters of historical record just because they are a sore point with atheists!