• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientists finally prove there IS life after death

JoStories

Modest dress is good for women, those with weak personality and has no attraction
will lean to show the attraction of their bodies, it's like saying to men, please look at me.
Its hard to imagine someone whose thinking is this way but I do know there are some who do, such as more conservative Mormons and Hasidic Jewish women. I strongly disagree about your statement that making one's self attractive is an indication of a weak personality. You do realize that most men do look, no? And what of men who dress in a showy manner? Does this pendulum swing both ways or are you simply saying that women are second class?

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Its hard to imagine someone whose thinking is this way but I do know there are some who do, such as more conservative Mormons and Hasidic Jewish women. I strongly disagree about your statement that making one's self attractive is an indication of a weak personality. You do realize that most men do look, no? And what of men who dress in a showy manner? Does this pendulum swing both ways or are you simply saying that women are second class?

Believe me men don't care much about their look as most women do, i didn't say all women do, some
women don't care about men and they have a lot of confidence on themselves that makes them liberated from men.

Can you imagine a famous business woman wearing a sexy dress, but if she has nothing to offer then her body is the only
thing to attract men for, this is really sad, I don't know why women can't realize that her modest dress is a dignity for her own self,
it's like saying "I don't care much about you men".

d264ac3551b4690523d72801b757a368.jpg

Business-women-quotes.jpg

viole

Ontological Naturalist
Premium Member
Modest dress is good for women, those with weak personality and has no attraction
will lean to show the attraction of their bodies, it's like saying to men, please look at me.

Well, walking around covered up like Batman in Zurich will also beg: please look at me.

It is curious how men , and their Gods, always agree when it comes to decide what is good, or not good, for women.

By the way, how is that modest for a woman to dress up like the Phantom of the Opera? I think it is pretty pretentious.

Ciao

- viole

Last edited:

FearGod

Freedom Of Mind
Well, walking around covered up like Batman in Zurich will also beg: please look at me.

It is curious how men , and their Gods, always agree when it comes to decide what is good, or not good, for women.

By the way, how is that modest for a woman to dress up like the Phantom of the Opera? I think it is pretty pretentious.

Ciao

- viole

It isn't the men and the Gods who put such limits, can I post here a woman's boobs?
Do you think I ain't allowed to do it here because of the Gods?

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
Believe me men don't care much about their look as most women do, i didn't say all women do, some
women don't care about men and they have a lot of confidence on themselves that makes them liberated from men.

Can you imagine a famous business woman wearing a sexy dress, but if she has nothing to offer then her body is the only
thing to attract men for, this is really sad, I don't know why women can't realize that her modest dress is a dignity for her own self,
it's like saying "I don't care much about you men".

d264ac3551b4690523d72801b757a368.jpg

Business-women-quotes.jpg
Maybe women dress for themselves and don't give a damn what men think of their attire. Has that ever entered your thought process?

Also, there are plenty of men who care about how they look.

P.S. I love this! Where can I get it?

Last edited:

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
No, it's irrational belief for which there is no evidence.

same thing, both apply to atheism do they not?

A rational belief is one which acknowledges itself as such, a personal belief, a faith.

An irrational belief does not, it claims itself as 'immutable undeniable fact' regardless of varying perspectives or evidence. Like superstitions, atheist static/steady state models of the universe, classical physics, evolution, global cooling/warming etc etc.

Last edited:

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Who says any of those things are atheistic in nature? Who says atheists believe them?

The self professed atheists who backed them for their explicitly atheist implications.

You'd have to have taken up your argument with Hoyle and Hawking if you think they were somehow not intended to promote atheism

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
The self professed atheists who backed them for their explicitly atheist implications.

You'd have to have taken up your argument with Hoyle and Hawking if you think they were somehow not intended to promote atheism
So, you say they're atheistic in nature.

I know you're a broken record when it comes to Hoyle and Hawking, but that doesn't mean they represent atheism.

SkepticThinker

Veteran Member
same thing, both apply to atheism do they not?

A rational belief is one which acknowledges itself as such, a personal belief, a faith.

An irrational belief does not, it claims itself as 'immutable undeniable fact' regardless of varying perspectives or evidence. Like superstitions, atheist static/steady state models of the universe, classical physics, evolution, global cooling/warming etc etc.
Plenty of religious people accept physics, evolution, and global warming science. They're not atheistic. They're scientific.

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Since a Big Bang universe doesn't require a god to have made it either what are you left with? Nothing...

well according to some atheists like Hawking, they are still left with one 'God refuting' possibility... An invisible infinite probability machine .aka flying spaghetti multiverse

Not clear that this is even a theory as Krauss says, but we always need a choice!

Guy Threepwood

Mighty Pirate
Plenty of religious people accept physics, evolution, and global warming science. They're not atheistic. They're scientific.

Sure, we are all individuals, you can't pigeonhole everyone into one set of beliefs right?

And by the same token, some religious people deny faith also, and call people of different beliefs 'deniers of fact!'

point being- either way this irrational- it's the only truly irrational stance. blind faith

The wise man knows himself to be a fool!