• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Proof of a Soul

MrMrdevincamus

Voice Of The Martyrs Supporter
You are not going anywhere with woo, woo is not scientific evidence

DNA is made up of six molecules, a sugar called deoxyribose, a phosphate molecule and four different nitrogenous bases, adenine, thymine, cytosine and guanine.

Photons are massless, i.e. no weight, please provide citation for your DNA weighs 0.1 grams claim

If photons have no mass how can they have momentum? (trick question)?

; { >

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
DNA consists of bio-photons photons are light, therefore our DNA is made up of light and weighs 0.1 grams, the other part of our soul is the plasma running in our blood and in other parts of our body. Hence why vampires drink other peoples souls through their blood. The pineal gland in your brain pumps dopamine or a type of plasma around your brain to keep it functioning. Your brains DNA changes kept alive by dopamine going to your brain, helps stimulate soul growth. Every single thought you think affects the DNA or bio photon changes of your brain, hence why some religions recommend purannas or meditation to help stimulate soul growth. Of course negative thoughts can affect the DNA of your brain in a negative way.

Guys I appreciate the need for faith, but if you can not provide scientific evidence for Christianity it might not survive the scientific future of humanity. Atheists use science to try and prove our religion is wrong, lets use their own weapon against them to try and prove our religion is correct!

I don't think you can do anything to alter DNA through an internal process. Barring some scientific process like gene therapy I think your DNA is your DNA for life.

You want to say that DNA is the soul of a person, individual. Yeah, maybe. I don't see the plasma though.

The problem with religion is the need for faith isn't it? Faith means you're left to believe in something there's not really any evidence for.

I figure there's a lot of folks in the world much smarter than me. If they could have proven God, they would have by now. I doubt you or I are going to be able to do so. Well maybe you if you're smarter than any who have come before you. But, generally I don't think anyone is going to be proving or disproving God anytime soon.

Daisies4me

That cars exist is not a belief, but a hard, concrete fact, no more than you can rest assured it is not a belief you inhale oxygen to live, but a definitive fact.

Because those are stories with absolutely no evidence to move them beyond the realms of philosophical metaphysics.

(quote)

Hi shad

How is "atheism" not a 'religion'?

someone wrote (whose name escapes me at the moment)
"It is apparent that religion can be seen as a theological, philosophical, anthropological, sociological, and psychological phenomenon of human kind. To limit religion to only one of these categories is to miss its multifaceted nature and lose out on the complete definition."

It has also been stated that some (religions) exclude beliefs and practices that many people passionately defend as religious. For example, their definition might require a belief in a God or Goddess or combination of Gods and Goddesses who are responsible for the creation of the universe and/or for its continuing operation. This excludes such non-theistic religions as Buddhism and many forms of religious Satanism which have no such belief. Also, Unitarians, who are called Unitarian Universalists in the U.S., do not require their members to believe in a deity, and many members don't.

To my thinking on the matter, Atheism is a 'religion'.

peace

Skwim

Veteran Member
(quote)

Hi shad

someone wrote (whose name escapes me at the moment)
"It is apparent that religion can be seen as a theological, philosophical, anthropological, sociological, and psychological phenomenon of human kind. To limit religion to only one of these categories is to miss its multifaceted nature and lose out on the complete definition."

It has also been stated that some (religions) exclude beliefs and practices that many people passionately defend as religious. For example, their definition might require a belief in a God or Goddess or combination of Gods and Goddesses who are responsible for the creation of the universe and/or for its continuing operation. This excludes such non-theistic religions as Buddhism and many forms of religious Satanism which have no such belief. Also, Unitarians, who are called Unitarian Universalists in the U.S., do not require their members to believe in a deity, and many members don't.

To my thinking on the matter, Atheism is a 'religion'.

peace
Okay, then what's your definition of religion?

Daisies4me

I don't think you can do anything to alter DNA through an internal process. Barring some scientific process like gene therapy I think your DNA is your DNA for life.

You want to say that DNA is the soul of a person, individual. Yeah, maybe. I don't see the plasma though.

The problem with religion is the need for faith isn't it? Faith means you're left to believe in something there's not really any evidence for.

I figure there's a lot of folks in the world much smarter than me. If they could have proven God, they would have by now. I doubt you or I are going to be able to do so. Well maybe you if you're smarter than any who have come before you. But, generally I don't think anyone is going to be proving or disproving God anytime soon.
(quote)

Hi Nak

why should persons who believe not do so according to the Scripture that clearly states that the spiritual minded Biblical believer 'walks by faith, not by sight'? We see God in 'the things seen'. His remarkable qualities are observed and justifiably so, in the Creation by God, including humankind. Just look around you and see God's attributes in the things He has created. He no doubt has a good sense of humor, to. lol

now, I am sure that will give unbelievers something to play with for a while... ha

peace

Daisies4me

Okay, then what's your definition of religion?

(quote)

Hi skwim

a group of likeminded persons who hold to the same mindset for a purpose, grouped together could be called 'a religion'. Some people I know, seem to have 'football' as their religion.. lol... If that is what they put first in their life, more than anything else, it could be .... lol

there are many definitions of religion, however, that do not include a 'deity'.

What is your definition of 'religion'?

If I 'pledge my allegiance' to something, and pledge to defend it with my life, would that be considered 'a religion'? how would you answer, and why?

peace

Skwim

Veteran Member
a group of likeminded persons who hold to the same mindset for a purpose, grouped together could be called 'a religion'.
Then I assume the Democratic party, the Masons, and the Girl Scouts would qualify. As I see it, your definition is far too broad to be of any practical use.

there are many definitions of religion, however, that do not include a 'deity'.
And most of the them usually personal and self serving.

What is your definition of 'religion'?
Although your question isn't germane, or my answer here exactly to the point, I've always liked the one given by Ambrose Bierce.

"Religion. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."​

If I 'pledge my allegiance' to something, and pledge to defend it with my life, would that be considered 'a religion'?
Nope. But do you really feel this fits under the definition you give above? I don't see it.

Last edited:

Nakosis

Non-Binary Physicalist
Premium Member
(quote)

Hi Nak

why should persons who believe not do so according to the Scripture that clearly states that the spiritual minded Biblical believer 'walks by faith, not by sight'? We see God in 'the things seen'. His remarkable qualities are observed and justifiably so, in the Creation by God, including humankind. Just look around you and see God's attributes in the things He has created. He no doubt has a good sense of humor, to. lol

now, I am sure that will give unbelievers something to play with for a while... ha

peace

Faith is faith. It's up to you to choose what to have faith in. I'm just saying for what can be proven, if I can prove something to you, you don't need faith in it.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
More or less because the prefix a- makes atheist mean "without belief in god." Atheists have no dogma, no books, absolutely nothing unifying than their disbelief in god. Beyond that, atheists are pretty much free to do what they will with their lack of belief of god and lack of religion.
a group of likeminded persons who hold to the same mindset for a purpose, grouped together could be called 'a religion'.
I've gathered with a small group called a band to make music, and it was not a religion. I meet once a month with people to live action role play. It's not a religion. If a group of Marxists get together, it certainly isn't going to be a religious meeting.
He no doubt has a good sense of humor, to. lol
Children born deformed, children getting cancer, children born to total undeserving and unfit parents, yes, that is some "good" sense of humor.

igno remos

While I have met several people, over the years, I have described as being emotional vampires, I never meant the term literally. I didn't realize vampires were actually real. Who knew? Good thing the Bible warns us about blood, eh?
DNA consists of bio-photons photons are light, therefore our DNA is made up of light and weighs 0.1 grams, the other part of our soul is the plasma running in our blood and in other parts of our body. Hence why vampires drink other peoples souls through their blood. The pineal gland in your brain pumps dopamine or a type of plasma around your brain to keep it functioning. Your brains DNA changes kept alive by dopamine going to your brain, helps stimulate soul growth. Every single thought you think affects the DNA or bio photon changes of your brain, hence why some religions recommend purannas or meditation to help stimulate soul growth. Of course negative thoughts can affect the DNA of your brain in a negative way.

Guys I appreciate the need for faith, but if you can not provide scientific evidence for Christianity it might not survive the scientific future of humanity. Atheists use science to try and prove our religion is wrong, lets use their own weapon against them to try and prove our religion is correct!

Wow! Your ignorance is indeed deeply profound. Your proof of the soul just does not cut the criteria of a scientific mustard. I presume you just pull that steaming **** out of your ***. And you are trying to pass it off as science. I know you are just trolling but not that hopelessly moronic. Thank you. Please don't forget to take your medications. I wish you well. But please don't continue to peddle that **** you started. It's downright embarassing and self-defecating Shalom.

jonathan180iq

Polymath257.

You may not agree with everything in my list of evidences that back up God's Word, but that does not discount the never ending list of evidences that supports God's Word as being a divine book and that it is true. In either case, if you are looking for reasons to mock God's Word and to not see that it is not true, then evidences will only be there for you to disprove and they will not be there for you to check out for yourself in an objective matter. A person can go into a crime scene and make conclusions without looking at the evidence. But a good detective looks at all the evidence and sees that there is a pattern of evidence that points to a reasonable conclusion. But if a person's mind is made up, they will see whatever they want to see (despite the evidence).

Anyways, a person first needs to take a step of faith in order to believe God's Word.
Then the evidences will come in time (after trusting in God for a good while).

I used to be an atheist for a short time.
I used to believe the lie of Evolution.
But in time, God convinced me otherwise.

Once you convince yourself of something, it's amazing how everything seems to fit into it's proper place, don't you think?

Unveiled Artist

Veteran Member
No. Atheism is a belief that says there is no God. It is also a belief. Even believing in things you see is still a belief. I can say that cars exist. Although this is obvious, it is still a belief. How do I know that I am not in a matrix like world or a holodeck? I have to hold to the belief that I am not in such a thing.

How can you form a belief on something non-existent unless someone created an idea of god in their mind in order to not believe in?

For example, you may have the idea that dragons exist as an idea or fictional animal. So you can say, I don't believe. But since god has no "fictional attributes" just a word that means object o worship, you have many gods.

You'd have to have an idea of what a supernatural god is in order to say it does or doesn't exist. Without that, it's like you are arguing over the belie and disbelief of a word but none of you have a supernatural definition behind it that both believer and nonbeliever shares.

stevevw

According to the Oxford dictionary religion has three meanings

The belief in and worship of a superhuman controlling power, especially a personal God or gods.
‘ideas about the relationship between science and religion’

A particular system of faith and worship.
‘the world's great religions’

A pursuit or interest followed with great devotion.
‘consumerism is the new religion’

Havn't you ever heard someone say "he follows his football religiously"

Last edited: