• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific Pantheism?

The Sum of Awe

Brought to you by the moment that spacetime began.
We are all just separated matter from a spherical ball of matter that scientists call the Singularity, in other words our universe before it has expanded. Before the expansion, everything in the universe made up the Singularity, it was all compiled together.

So, even scientifically speaking, aren't we all one and the same?

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
We are all just separated matter from a spherical ball of matter that scientists call the Singularity, in other words our universe before it has expanded. Before the expansion, everything in the universe made up the Singularity, it was all compiled together.

So, even scientifically speaking, aren't we all one and the same?
I don't see why you would need to trace it back to the singularity in order to say that. We're all made of molecules, which are made of atoms, which are made of quarks, which (eventually) are ultimately just vibrations of strings. We're made of the same stuff. Doesn't make us the same thing. Water and acid are both made of strings, but that doesn't mean acid is water.

The Sum of Awe

I don't see why you would need to trace it back to the singularity in order to say that. We're all made of molecules, which are made of atoms, which are made of quarks, which (eventually) are ultimately just vibrations of strings. We're made of the same stuff. Doesn't make us the same thing. Water and acid are both made of strings, but that doesn't mean acid is water.

But the same stuff we are made out of was at once all in one.

The Sum of Awe

...you don't seem to be understanding me. Yes, everything is made up of the same stuff, but that doesn't mean everything is the same. Bombs are not hospitals. Dogs are not plants. Light is not a shoe.

They are made of the same matter and energy though. Basically, everything is made of matter that was bunched up into one big thing before they expanded and separated.

Yes, they are different now, but alltogether we are the same if you consider breaking playdough into more pieces and considering it the same thing.

Gjallarhorn

N'yog-Sothep
They are made of the same matter and energy though. Basically, everything is made of matter that was bunched up into one big thing before they expanded and separated.

Yes, they are different now, but all together we are the same if you consider breaking playdough into more pieces and considering it the same thing.
If playdough suddenly became poisonous in varying combinations, sure...

The Sum of Awe

If playdough suddenly became poisonous in varying combinations, sure...

Still from the same source.

But in this world, even if something becomes poisonous in varying combinations the poison still was matter from the universe, so for playdough it'd just be like adding more playdough on it.

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
But the same stuff we are made out of was at once all in one.
Therefore?
What my OP states :D
Your OP asks: "So, even scientifically speaking, aren't we all one and the same? " How does the fact that
the same stuff we are made out of was at once all in one
support the assertion that we are all one in the same? (... unless, of course, you dilute themeaning of the word 'same' to the point that it is rendered entirely useless.)

SageTree

Spiritual Friend
Premium Member
I think you're hoping to address the interconnectedness of compounded matter or something like that?

IE: A piece of paper is more than just a tree, because a tree is more than just plant matter etc etc etc....

Is that fair to presume?

SOA- I don't know if your conclusions are always riddled with facts, but they sure do get us all talking about any contained there in. I'm glad you are here.