• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Scientific American weighs in -15 Answers to Creationist Nonsense

Status
Not open for further replies.

Humanist001

\/ Creationist: "Why ask why? I know why, god is why, so why ask how?" /\
\/ Evolutionist: "Why ask how? I know how, evolution is how, so why ask why?" /\

--The two halves representing the ultimate in circular logic...

Humanist001

linwood said:
Ditto on the "I can`t frubal you right now" statement.
There must be some hidden genius to Deut.[']s statement that I'm just not seeing... That, or the two of you really never have asked why, which is a pity and makes me sincerely wonder why you'd even submit to these forums in the first place.

The Voice of Reason

Doctor of Thinkology
Humanist001 said:
... or the two of you really never have asked why, which is a pity and makes me sincerely wonder why you'd even submit to these forums in the first place.
Two things - I'm willing to bet that both Linwood and Deut have considered the "why" part of the equation - possibly even more than you have.
- and -
I'm willing to bet that they subscribe to these forums for the sake of teaching and learning. The added advantage of debate with intelligent people also probably rates fairly high on the list, as well.
They can speak for themselves, but then, I'm a gambling man, and I'll wager one dollar (cash money) that both of the above statements are true (even if not exclusively so).

As a side question - why are you here (sincere question)?

Thanks,
TVOR

linwood

Humanist001 said:
There must be some hidden genius to Deut.[']s statement that I'm just not seeing... That, or the two of you really never have asked why, which is a pity and makes me sincerely wonder why you'd even submit to these forums in the first place.
It`s a common conclusion, a common understanding if you will.

In fact I believe Deuts statement shows that he has indeed at one point or another asked "why".
I don`t think he came to a affirming answer and realised he never could.

I think he now sincerely wants to know your "why".
As I do.

Scott1

Dinogrrl said:
All right, people. pm time! :D
Why thank you Dinogrrl! My thoughts exactly... frubals to ya!

** MOD POST **
Last warning.... one more off topic post and the thread is over.

Status
Not open for further replies.