• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science vs. Torah?

Elliott5779

in our dayinage, many things in science can be found to have support from the Torah and even ultimately prove the legitamacy of Torah. Our teachers like Rav Aryeh Kaplan & Rav Zamir Cohen have shown us many such examples. The Torah was given thousands of years ago, teaching us things that science didn't even know of till the last hundred years or so.

Does anyone have any original Torah insights in support of or contrary to science?

i'll share something...

Contrary to science, the Torah teaches us that the world has seven levels, seven earths, ours and the six within our planet. On many of these earths you will find life. The Me'am Lo'ez explains that "there are more than 365 kinds of humanoid creatures in this world." (Bereishis Loez 1:10, page 68) there are those that have heads like lions & snakes, with human bodies, & vice versa.

Think about it, life within our planet....

"The Zohar explains that when Cain was banished, 'from the face of the earth', he was accepted by the inhabitants of Arka, a lower land." (The Coming Revolution, Rav Zamir Cohen, page 51)

He was banished from "the face of the earth" and went to live in the lower earth called Arka.

A British astronomer named Edmund Hally, believed that there were great voids far beneath the surface of our planet. He believed that there was a possibility for life within each level having their own atmosphere and illumination by the effects of natural gases. (Macmillan Collectors Library, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Afterword, page 332)

The Me'am Lo'ez teaches a similar thing regarding light. Each earth has different degrees of illumination.

Hally was on the right track, yet modern day science relegates this to nothing more than science fiction.

Anyone have anything to share?

Last edited:

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
Based on teachings of the Torah jews have always known that Pleiades has more than 100 stars, long before the invention of the telescope.
If you want a discussion with non-Orthodox Jews being included, ask the moderators to switch this out of the "Orthodox Jewish DIR", which means only Orthodox Jews should be posting on this, to a forum whereas others can get involved.

Elliott5779

If you want a discussion with non-Orthodox Jews being included, ask the moderators to switch this out of the "Orthodox Jewish DIR", which means only Orthodox Jews should be posting on this, to a forum whereas others can get involved.

This was intended to be more for Orthodox Jews.

IndigoChild5559

Loving God and my neighbor as myself.
in our dayinage, many things in science can be found to have support from the Torah and even ultimately prove the legitamacy of Torah. Our teachers like Rav Aryeh Kaplan & Rav Zamir Cohen have shown us many such examples. The Torah was given thousands of years ago, teaching us things that science didn't even know of till the last hundred years or so.

Does anyone have any original Torah insights in support of or contrary to science?

i'll share something...

Contrary to science, the Torah teaches us that the world has seven levels, seven earths, ours and the six within our planet. On many of these earths you will find life. The Me'am Lo'ez explains that "there are more than 365 kinds of humanoid creatures in this world." (Bereishis Loez 1:10, page 68) there are those that have heads like lions & snakes, with human bodies, & vice versa.

Think about it, life within our planet....

"The Zohar explains that when Cain was banished, 'from the face of the earth', he was accepted by the inhabitants of Arka, a lower land." (The Coming Revolution, Rav Zamir Cohen, page 51)

He was banished from "the face of the earth" and went to live in the lower earth called Arka.

A British astronomer named Edmund Hally, believed that there were great voids far beneath the surface of our planet. He believed that there was a possibility for life within each level having their own atmosphere and illumination by the effects of natural gases. (Macmillan Collectors Library, Journey to the Center of the Earth, Afterword, page 332)

The Me'am Lo'ez teaches a similar thing regarding light. Each earth has different degrees of illumination.

Hally was on the right track, yet modern day science relegates this to nothing more than science fiction.

Anyone have anything to share?
Nice to see a post in this forum. I am reading what you write with great interest and chewing on it.