• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Science and the Quran

Cordoba

An interesting issue concerning climate change was mentioned by Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him 1400 years ago.

In a sound hadith, he said that the Arabian Peninsula used to be green with rivers, and that one day this will again be the case:

Prophet Muhammad (peace and blessings be upon him) said in a hadith transmitted by Muslim, “The last Hour will not take place … until the lands of the Arabs are once again pasture lands and (filled with) rivers.”

Is this change starting to happen?

This is an interview with a professor in geology on this issue:

http://www.islam-online.net/English/HadithAndItsSciences/HadithAndScience/2005/06/01.shtml

As a personal experience, it seems that average yearly rain in the area is increasing, in some cases even floods occur, like what happened earlier this year in Makkah during the Hajj season. Another interesting scientific topic to monitor in coming years!

All the best.

Terrywoodenpic

Oldest Heretic
I think the follower of Islam demonstated very well their acceptance of science, at the same time Rome was opressing scientific thought and free thinkers. It put the west back hundres of years.

Terry

john313

warrior-poet
Zxzyx said:

John313
How was Muhammad’s message the same as those of previous prophets and Jesus?

Where are you getting the idea that Paul had a different message to Jesus and that he created Christianity?

Just because someone has a different opinion to you, does that make it a lie?
Peace,
Muhammad taught the same message as the previous prophets, it is obvious in the quran, hadith, dead sea scrolls, and the bible(except for the writings of Paul). All the prophets upheld the laws of Moses; Paul was the one that said they are weak and useless, Jesus supported them.
Jesus did not call his followers christians, this was a term developed by Paul to deify Jesus. Jesus did not claim to be God, rather he said God is greater than he. The real followers of Jesus were anti-Paul, that is why they tried to "mob" him and they were going to kill him, until he was sved by his oppressive Roman buddies.
It is not a lie because it is different opinion than mine. It is a lie because it is not true. Anyone who has studied real Islam knows that.

Cordoba is right though about debating here. This is just for information ;) . but if you want to start a thread in the debate section i will participate when i can insha'Allah. I'm sure others here would be happy to as well.

Zxzyx

John
Ive started a new thread on the general debates area to continue this discussion called 'Jesus Paul and Muhammad' I hope you find it.
http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/showthread.php?p=176763#post176763
I think that might take you there.
Im still not sure why my questions are causing so much upset when other peoples are not.
Also whoever set up this site made an area for people to debate all things Christian but not Muslim. Are Christians the only faith prepared to discuss their religion? Confused!

Cordoba

This is another article which deals with climate change in the Arabian Peninsula, as predicted in a hadith in Sahih Muslim:

It's an interview with Dr. Farouk El-Baz, an Egyptian Geologist at Boston University and an authority on remote sensing, who's also done a lot of work for NASA, and studied the Arabian desert. This is an extract of what he says:

The Rub al Khali , the great desert of the Arabian Peninsula , and one of the largest sand deserts of the world, was once full of meadows with rivers, lakes, baboons, deer, sheep and all types of animals, confirmed El-Baz. "Animals just as those we see in Africa now.

UNQUOTE

http://www.islamonline.net/english/science/2004/06/article08.shtml

All the best.