• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

School shooting today. At least 3 kids dead.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Endless frustration and anger can do some weird things to a brain that's had more than enough.

Apparently so.
Not at all. Mocking the mentality that facilitated this tragedy is an expression of anger.

Really? Because it just sounds like gloating to me.

But we can instead offer our thoughts and prayers if you're more comfortable with that.

Nah. Hypocrisy bothers me even more than heartlessness.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Apparently so.

Really? Because it just sounds like gloating to me.

Nah. Hypocrisy bothers me even more than heartlessness.
Doesn't seem like gloating to me. People want to live in a fantasy world of a Cowboy flick, they want to pretend they are Rambo and can save America like they did in Red Dawn, they don't care about mental stability, training, safe handling and storage and they deny problems if being human (like heat of the moment crimes) and this is what they get. And instead if doing anything real or meaningful the wankers will offer prayers and thoughts and scream it's "too early" to mention the poltics and discuss solutions.
Even our nation's children know better than these imbiciles who want nothing done except more guns and more gun violence.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
Doesn't seem like gloating to me.

Maybe you should stop and consider what it would seem like to one of the parents of the children who were killed if they were reading these posts.

For all you know, one of them is. For all we know one of them might be a member here.

How would you feel about it if this incident took place at a school that had recently banned prayer in class?

What if that happened and somebody posted something like, '' Well there you go." or, "Serves them right".

What would you call that?

People want to live in a fantasy world of a Cowboy flick, they want to pretend they are Rambo and can save America like they did in Red Dawn, they don't care about mental stability, training, safe handling and storage and they deny problems if being human (like heat of the moment crimes) and this is what they get. And instead if doing anything real or meaningful the wankers will offer prayers and thoughts and scream it's "too early" to mention the poltics and discuss solutions.
Even our nation's children know better than these imbiciles who want nothing done except more guns and more gun violence.

And gloating over dead children is only one way we can help make that happen. :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Maybe you should stop and consider what it would seem like to one of the parents of the children who were killed if they were reading these posts.

For all you know, one of them is. For all we know one of them might be a member here.

How would you feel about it if this incident took place at a school that had recently banned prayer in class?

What if that happened and somebody posted something like, '' Well there you go." or, "Serves them right".

What would you call that?

And gloating over dead children is only one way we can help make that happen. :thumbsup:
It's not gloating. It's being fed up with RW garbage that peroetuates this violence. The time of prayers and thoughts is long over, and it's past time those who are guilty for creating a society plagued with gun violence are held responsible. That will inckude public shaming of these individuals as their wants and fears and fantasies have led to a mountain of dead kids.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
Glad you guys are enjoying this.

Endless frustration and anger can do some weird things to a brain that's had more than enough.

Not at all. Mocking the mentality that facilitated this tragedy is an expression of anger. But we can instead offer our thoughts and prayers if you're more comfortable with that.
No, @Quagmire, we are not enjoying it at all. But we have railed endlessly, and fruitlessly, against the sheer insanity of allowing military-style assault weapons to be owned and carried by the public for so long that we're frustrated.

Did you know, all those police at Uvalde, do you know why they waited 70 minutes before going into that classroom (while little children, scared-to-death, tried pretending they were dead and not crying)? It's because they knew -- THEY KNEW -- what sort of weapon was in there. And they knew what such a weapon could do to them. And they were SCARED. Now, be aware, I do not blame them for that, not one bit -- I'd be terrified, too, and I don't have kids of my own that I desperately want to live for, as most of those officers did.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
No, @Quagmire, we are not enjoying it at all.

Could have fooled me.
But we have railed endlessly, and fruitlessly, against the sheer insanity of allowing military-style assault weapons to be owned and carried by the public for so long that we're frustrated.

What a great reason to start taking it out on the victims.
Did you know, all those police at Uvalde, do you know why they waited 70 minutes before going into that classroom (while little children, scared-to-death, tried pretending they were dead and not crying)? It's because they knew -- THEY KNEW -- what sort of weapon was in there. And they knew what such a weapon could do to them. And they were SCARED. Now, be aware, I do not blame them for that, not one bit -- I'd be terrified, too, and I don't have kids of my own that I desperately want to live for, as most of those officers did.

Do you know this is called deflecting?

Do you know you do it every time I try to get you to look at yourself and what you're doing?

Saint Frankenstein

Gone
Premium Member
Everyone needs to STFU about partisan political crap until we even know the facts here. A lot of these can't even be prevented by legislation, so people need to stow the mud slinging. It's distasteful and offensive. I'm one of those evil right-wingers, you know. Kids are dead, and it's a tragedy. Not much else to be said.

Quagmire

Imaginary talking monkey
Staff member
Premium Member
What emotion do you suggest they have? Being shocked, having empathy, getting angry have done nothing in the past.

And what a crazy coincidence that everybody decided to throw all that out the window and try a completely different tactic starting with this incident.

.I'm at the point where I just don't care anymore, It seems that Americans are going to shoot each other fairly regularly and are OK with that.

And apparently it's either a tragedy or a comedy depending on who's affected by it.