• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Schizophrenia

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
A better search? -

Managing extreme emotions ...

Extreme emotions can be so painful. Who wants to experience intense pain? Avoiding them or trying to not feel them doesn’t work. For the emotions to pass, you have to experience them. When you experience them you are likely to feel strong urges to take immediate action that probably is not well thought out.

Managing intense emotions so that you don’t act impulsively or make the situation worse can’t be done just by willpower alone. Saying, “I’ll never do that again,” is unlikely to be effective. When you are in flight/fight survival mode, which is the case with extreme emotions, you cannot think clearly. If you make decisions when you are filled with anger, hate, or fear you most likely will make decisions the you later regret. You can’t accurately consider consequences when you are so filled with emotion.

Coping With Extreme Emotions

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From recent disagreements! -

Spiritual awakening anger ...

After a spiritual awakening opens up your heart, every emotion you can imagine becomes available to you--every single one. In an open heart, we embrace every emotion that we can humanly experience. We remove our limitations on what we can feel, so we can feel the fullness of love, compassion, terror, hatred, sadness, and more. This is what it means to be truly open-hearted.

Do you understand what it means to be unlimited now? I hope you do. And I'm sure it's not what you normally thought of in terms of having no limitations.

After a Spiritual Awakening Unleashes All Your Emotions

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Spiritual healing? -

I hear the term "spiritual healing" from time to time, but it's not a term I usually use. I usually just say, "healing." That, to me, is enough, especially in a world where everything is spiritual--everything is interconnected. I also see healing as an essential part of everyone's spiritual path. You don't have to be clearing an old trauma to need spiritual healing. Every one of us has some level of dis-ease in the mind, body, heart, or energy field that needs some healing help. Part of why spiritual awakening can be so intense is because it folds in healing the pain inside along with opening to the truth and expanding into your fullness all at once. Phew...it can be a lot of intense work.

I also don't consider the need for healing to be in anyway because we are sinful, bad, or failures. It is simply part of being human. It's another reason why I made a full third of my ebook about it, and I created all these blog posts:

Click here for the list -

Spiritual Healing

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Spiritual awakening apathy - well it is over 100 degrees!

When someone disconnects from the awakened energy that is moving them, they feel truly lost. A part of them will probably remember what it is like to know and feel the truth, but they’ll try to be content with their old illusions anyway. They may reside even more in spiritual apathy because some of their desires got washed away in the initial awakening flood of energy. But they didn’t do the surrendering that was necessary to wash the ego more fully. So the vibrancy of life in the present moment is missed. Life just seems gray and meaningless. They’re stuck.

Post-Awakening Challenges: The Lost Gray World of Apathy

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Now, I'm not talking about a good-feeling, spiritual high that lasts a few hours or maybe days if that. I'm talking about the bliss state that can last weeks or months or even years. Yes, it can feel so good that you never want to come back down from it, and who would even think that there is something wrong? When so many traditions and spiritual people are saying that this is what you want, if you get it, why would you think to question it?

Lost in Spiritual Bliss: Reclaiming Your Self From the Trap of Good Feelings

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
The truth is so simple, yet we find so many issues with it. Why? Because our ego-self knows its days are limited, and the spiritual path is going to take us into a whole new world of the unknown. Of course, the world has always been unknown. It is constantly unfolding before us in surprising ways, but for the most part, we try to avoid this truth. We try to find safety through routine and making things as regular to us as possible. That familiarity is known, and what is familiar is often considered to be safe--even if it actually isn't (such as the woman staying with an abusive husband or vice versa).

Along the way, we have a whole host of ideas and reasons to stay in bad situations, to avoid seeing the truth, and to attempt to believe that we actually know what is going on. We don't.

https://www.spiritualawakeningprocess.com/2015/04/5-ego-defenses-and-traps-you-need-to.h

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Healthy place happiness

Here's the kicker: There is no definition of happiness. I suppose you are not surprised by this and either am I. So, what is happiness? Can you, can I, describe the experience with words or is it strictly something we can only feel? I believe, and feel free to debate, that it is both of these things.

I am on a bit of a roll, I admit, to referring to my thesaurus when writing these blogs. I try not to, honestly, I do, but it's interesting to see how the world of words describes a complicated word like happiness. So, what does my 20lb paperweight define it as?
  • To be pleased (no points for creativity here!)
  • To feel happy (no kidding)
  • To be wreathed in smiles...hmm
  • And finally, among other repetitive words, I find this: To look like the cat that swallowed the canary.
Wow, I wish I could tell you I were joking--particularly about that last suggested definition. I sincerely desired an answer to the rhetorical question. I sincerely did not expect a reference to a cat or damn canary.

https://www.healthyplace.com/blogs/recoveringfrommentalillness/2011/12/what-is-happiness

Enjoy!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
From that dark episode & emails -

If you’re truly honest about growing, changing, and living life to the fullest, you will, at some point, come across many parts of yourself that you’ll find difficult – if not completely disturbing – to accept.

These ugly and frightening parts of ourselves are elements of the Shadow Self: the darker side of our nature.
In the domain of psychology, renowned psychologist Carl Jung devoted a lot of thought to this problem of the “Shadow Self,” being deeply invested in the research of ancient esoteric knowledge and spiritual scriptures to not only treat the mind of man but his Soul as well.

Shadow Self: How to Embrace Your Inner Darkness (3 Techniques) ⋆ LonerWolf

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Still crazy after all these years

Having established that Westerners undergo unique forms of suffering that psychotherapy has developed techniques to handle, Kornfield goes on to argue that meditation alone is not enough to heal many of the deep issues we uncover in the course of our meditation (245). Meditation alone is not enough. He makes the extraordinary claim that at least half the students at the annual three month retreat at the Insight Meditation Society cannot do traditional Insight Meditation, "because they encounter so much unresolved grief, fear, and wounding and unfinished developmental business from the past" (246). He follows up this revelation with a number of stories relating how specific students were blocked in their meditation but successfully resolved these blockages once they were able to identify traumatic events or unsatisfactory or even abusive relationships in their past. He also narrates stories of spectacular failure in spiritual practice when these issues were neglected. Indeed, much of Kornfield’s argument is based on case histories of meditational success and failure that all go to support his view of the limitations of traditional meditation without psychotherapy. While these stories are interesting and sometimes even instructional, the implications behind this view need to be teased out.

http://www.ahandfulofleaves.org/documents/Articles/Psychotherapy and Meditation.Patrick Kearney.pdf

Plus more at that site ... Pema?? ...

Cheers!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Pema still crazy ... eventually leads here -

As long as our orientation is toward perfection or success, we will never learn about unconditional friendship with ourselves, nor will we find compassion.

It is tempting to ask ourselves if we are making 'progress' on the spiritual path. But to look for progress is a set-up-a guarantee that we won't measure up to some arbitrary goal we've established.

Traditional teachings tell us that one sign of progress in meditation practice is that our kleshas diminish. Kleshas are the strong conflicting emotions that spin off and heighten when we get caught by aversion and attraction.

Metta Refuge Dharma Nuggets: Pema Chödrön on Unconditional Friendship with Ourselves

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Spiritual entity attacks .... or -

Releasing spirit attachments -

Negative Thought Forms: These attachments are the most common. They are essentially amalgamated clusters of thoughts with similar vibrations. Thought forms can carry the signature of fear, hatred, anger, despair, paranoia, and so on. When a person or group—a family, company, country—thinks enough about a certain idea, emotion, or event, these thoughts come together and then attach to those with similar energies. The result of having a negative thought form attached is that you will find yourself creating more of the signature emotion—even if you are trying not to.

More here -

Recognizing and Releasing Other Beings in Your Energy Field | Keen

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Negative thought form attachments!!!?? - a few -

On psychological and spiritual levels one has to deal with the negative thoughts, feelings, emotions and energies of other people. The 3D world has basically institutionalized negative ego behaviors and lower self consciousness as it permeates through every aspect of our society.

If you are not strong in your energy field, awareness and personal power to ward off these energies it can absorb into your subconscious, drain your energy and leave you feeling heavy.

Negative elementals, thought forms or disassociated thought forms latch onto your aura causing dark energy spots causing drain and psychological imbalances. Just as a disease is contagious to the human body, negative thoughts are contagious to the mental body. The mental body is a part of your energy field that generates on a plane of its own, all substance that is your “thoughts”. We have a mental plane basically separated in two main areas, with lower areas for basic functioning and as we gain mastery over our creations, a higher mental plane area to access higher expression of thoughts. Mind is the builder of form, and so it is a plane where all thought substance is created and interacted with to begin the thought form to manifest into physical form.

For more -

https://energeticsynthesis.com/inde...e/1660-psd-3-entities?tmpl=component&type=raw

All the best!

Geoff-Allen

Resident megalomaniac
Tiny Buddha mistakes - several -

Dodgy connection at library?

Plus scroll down imaginary page - links PLUS mantras!

Enjoy your day!