• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAVED by the Fire of Hell (Gehenna)

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Yes it may seem that way, but speaking about everything in the present tense, just makes it more endurable. Jesus would have known how long it was going to take for "the end" of the present world system to come, and many generations have come and gone awaiting the "great day of God the Almighty". Finite human existence gets in the way sometimes. But at the beginning of John's Revelation, he said that...."By inspiration I came to be in the Lord’s day" (Revelation 1:10) So what or when is "the Lord's Day"? If we know the answer to that question, then we can figure out when it is.....not "the day or hour", but the "season" as Jesus said.
These tantalizing words ring down through the centuries......“Now learn this illustration from the fig tree: Just as soon as its young branch grows tender and sprouts its leaves, you know that summer is near. 33 Likewise also you, when you see all these things, know that he is near at the doors. 34 Truly I say to you that this generation will by no means pass away until all these things happen. " (Matthew 24:32-34) Jesus told us to keep on the watch for the "signs" that he gave to identify "the time of the end". (Matthew 24:3; 42-44)

If those in the early centuries had known that the end of wickedness was still thousands of earth years into the future, they may well have become downhearted. The coming of God's kingdom, the end of sin and death, and the restoration of paradise conditions to the earth has always been kept as an imminent event....just around the corner, giving many generations hope. (Hebrews 6:19) It isn't a bad thing....it shows compassion on God's part, keeping our spirits up while we wait. He has already set the timeframe from the beginning and he will stick to it, knowing exactly the right time to act. (Isaiah 55:11)

And he is and has been all along.
hug_ed.gif

And this is what true Christians have always done.....living each day, like the end could come tomorrow. The most urgent work Jesus said was the "preaching of the good news of God's kingdom" before "the end" would come.

It isn't the gloom and doom of God's punishment, but the wonderful news of his blessing on obedient ones who put his will before their own. An earth restored to paradise conditions with unending life and a reunion with lost loved ones is the best possible news to share with everyone.
xaathumbup.gif

the end of time, or timeless, is the beginning of the INFINITE I that i am. Love eternal, everlasting life.

2 And many of them that sleep in the dust of the earth(the body) shall awake(watchful), some to everlasting life, and some to shame and everlasting contempt. 3 And they that be wise shall shine as the brightness of the firmament; and they that turn many to righteousness as the stars for ever and ever. 4 But thou, O Daniel, shut up the words, and seal the book, even to the time of the end: many shall run to and fro, and knowledge shall be increased.

Revelation 3:2
Be wakeful(watchful), and strengthen the things which remain, that are ready to die: for I have not found thy works perfect before God.

Revelation 3:3
Remember therefore how thou hast received and heard, and hold fast, and repent. If therefore thou shalt not wake(watch), I will come on thee as a thief, and thou shalt not know what hour I will come upon thee.

Revelation 16:15 Behold, I come as a thief. Blessed is he that waketh(watcheth), and keepeth his garments, lest he walk naked, and they see his shame.

A man's body is his castle. Had the owner of the house stayed watchful, he'd known at what hour I was coming. the Destroyer is come.

Last edited:

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Mmmyyyyaaahhhhhhh -I'm still not sure of your actual point.

the Name. god so loved the world, just not the jehovah witnesses, or the christians, or mankind, or the earthlings.

omniscient

5 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. 6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God's sight.

God is present in all religions and isn't exclusive to a denomination, religion, nation, tribe.

9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. 10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. 11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.

Etritonakin

the Name. god so loved the world, just not the jehovah witnesses, or the christians, or mankind, or the earthlings.

omniscient

5 Hear the word of the Lord, ye that tremble at his word; Your brethren that hated you, that cast you out for my name's sake, said, Let the Lord be glorified: but he shall appear to your joy, and they shall be ashamed. 6 A voice of noise from the city, a voice from the temple, a voice of the Lord that rendereth recompence to his enemies.

He said to them, "You are the ones who justify yourselves in the eyes of others, but God knows your hearts. What people value highly is detestable in God's sight.

God is present in all religions and isn't exclusive to a denomination, religion, nation, tribe.

9 And I went unto the angel, and said unto him, Give me the little book. And he said unto me, Take it, and eat it up; and it shall make thy belly bitter, but it shall be in thy mouth sweet as honey. 10 And I took the little book out of the angel's hand, and ate it up; and it was in my mouth sweet as honey: and as soon as I had eaten it, my belly was bitter. 11 And he said unto me, Thou must prophesy again before many peoples, and nations, and tongues, and kings.
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe if you could sum up everything you are trying to say in one or two sentences.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member
Hmmmmmmmmmm. Maybe if you could sum up everything you are trying to say in one or two sentences.

"LOVE. God = Love".

the fear of Love is the beginning of wisdom.
the awe of Love is the beginning of understanding.