• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

SAVED by the Fire of Hell (Gehenna)

Etritonakin

The day being discussed in the following is the "great white throne" judgment after the thousand years following the return of Christ -to which "the rest of the dead" are resurrected and are judged "according to their works". All scriptures relating to Gehenna -the lake of fire, etc., must be considered in this context.

1 Cor 3:13
Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fIre.

It is also important to understand the timeline relating to "hell" -and the various words translated as "hell" -or confused with it.

When people die, they do not go to "hell" -as in a fiery place of eternal torment (Gehenna).
They DO go to "hell" -as in the grave (Hades, etc.) -at which point "there is no remembrance" -no realization of the passage of time -the body returns to dust, and the spirit returns to God who gave it -and they are as "asleep" until they are resurrected at a later time to the first or second resurrection.

NONE are NOW in a fiery place of torment. The first to be cast into the lake of fire are the beast and false prophet -a thousand years before Satan is cast into the lake of fire.
At the judgment after the thousand years following the return of Christ, some "will have their part in the lake of fire".

As for the "spirits in prison" to which Christ went and preached (before he became Christ) in the days of Noah, those are not the spirits of men, but the sinning angels -whose state of restraint until the judgment is called "Tartaros".

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Right the other aspect of saved, the reward. How many stars in your crown...Not every fire is the lake of fire, The lake of fire is destruction, but the refiners fire purifies the Lords silver and gold.

Etritonakin

Right the other aspect of saved, the reward. How many stars in your crown...Not every fire is the lake of fire, The lake of fire is destruction, but the refiners fire purifies the Lords silver and gold.
True -as written, judgment began long ago with the house of God.
Some are purified in this time by trials, etc., and will not be saved by that fire -though in a broad sense, the lake of fire is also the last part of the overall "refining" process.

God said he would make up his "jewels" -also called the "firstfruits" -who will be made immortal kings and priests at the first resurrection -but all others will have the opportunity later to be resurrected and become the children of God (when his government of peace on Earth will have already been established) -the manifestation of which will result in the liberation of the entire creation from the bondage of decay.
They will also have the opportunity to become immortal and create throughout the entire universe -which God said was created "not in vain", but formed "to be inhabited".

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
True -as written, judgment began long ago with the house of God.
Some are purified in this time by trials, etc., and will not be saved by that fire -though in a broad sense, the lake of fire is also the last part of the overall "refining" process.
I don't know, Paul wasn't a great writer, sometimes it's just a simple thing he is explaining with a very complex explanation. His metaphor refers to those who "build on the foundation", meaning convert others to Christianity. If the converts are good and accepted on the Judgement day, the person who converted them will receive a reward, "A star in their crown" . That is all it means.

Etritonakin

I don't know, Paul wasn't a great writer, sometimes it's just a simple thing he is explaining with a very complex explanation. His metaphor refers to those who "build on the foundation", meaning convert others to Christianity. If the converts are good and accepted on the Judgement day, the person who converted them will receive a reward, "A star in their crown" . That is all it means.
He speaks of those who receive a reward based on good works -and also those whose works are not good and are burned -and who are saved by fire -and a day which will try all works of all men.

Many other scriptures support the same idea.

Even so in Christ shall all be made alive -but every man in his own order.

Death and the grave are cast into the lake of fire.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

God will wipe away all tears and make all things new.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Etc., etc.

It is not easy to believe given what has been taught about hell, but it is scriptural.
God is ABLE to destroy both body and spirit in Gehenna -but that is not to say he WILL do so.

Last edited:

Kemosloby

Premium Member
Many other scriptures support the same idea.

Even so in Christ shall all be made alive -but every man in his own order.

Death and the grave are cast into the lake of fire.

The last enemy to be destroyed is death.

God will wipe away all tears and make all things new.

Death is swallowed up in victory.

Etc., etc.

It is not easy to believe given what has been taught about hell, but it is scriptural.
God is ABLE to destroy both body and spirit in Gehenna -but that is not to say he WILL do so.
Correct, I agree

Etritonakin

Have any of the subjects of this discussion been validated or substantiated as actually existing?
Apart from the body returning to dust, actual proof will be gained by experience one way or another.
It is good to do good regardless of what you believe -it will work good now, even if if you do not believe it will be considered later.
However, should you suddenly be alive again after being dead, you'll pretty much be able to say "OK, that's real" -and you won't have to consider any bad works then -which we should all be doing now, anyway.

GodsVoice

The day being discussed in the following is the "great white throne" judgment after the thousand years following the return of Christ -to which "the rest of the dead" are resurrected and are judged "according to their works". All scriptures relating to Gehenna -the lake of fire, etc., must be considered in this context.

Every man's work shall be made manifest: for the day shall declare it, because it shall be revealed by fire; and the fire shall try every man's work of what sort it is. 14If any man's work abide which he hath built thereupon, he shall receive a reward. 15If any man's work shall be burned, he shall suffer loss: but he himself shall be saved; yet so as by fIre.

It is also important to understand the timeline relating to "hell" -and the various words translated as "hell" -or confused with it.

When people die, they do not go to "hell" -as in a fiery place of eternal torment (Gehenna).
They DO go to "hell" -as in the grave (Hades, etc.) -at which point "there is no remembrance" -no realization of the passage of time -the body returns to dust, and the spirit returns to God who gave it -and they are as "asleep" until they are resurrected at a later time to the first or second resurrection.

NONE are NOW in a fiery place of torment. The first to be cast into the lake of fire are the beast and false prophet -a thousand years before Satan is cast into the lake of fire.
At the judgment after the thousand years following the return of Christ, some "will have their part in the lake of fire".

As for the "spirits in prison" to which Christ went and preached (before he became Christ) in the days of Noah, those are not the spirits of men, but the sinning angels -whose state of restraint until the judgment is called "Tartaros".

We saints are just finishing the 1,000 year reign of Christ but most of God's people totally missed it all.

Etritonakin

We saints are just finishing the 1,000 year reign of Christ but most of God's people totally missed it all.
The return of Christ and the beginning of the thousand years is not described as something which could easily be missed.

Why do you think the thousand years is nearing an end -and why would God's people miss it?

GodsVoice

The return of Christ and the beginning of the thousand years is not described as something which could easily be missed.

Why do you think the thousand years is nearing an end -and why would God's people miss it?

The religious men rejected the Gospel during the first witness of Christ started 2,000 years ago. Those saints who preached His voice were all turned in by the religious heathens who were then killed by the Roman government. Christians think these saints were Christians but that's because the Vatican boys made sure their followers would believe that with their New Testament that was added to the Jewish scriptures without any direct authority by our Creator.

If you can't hear the Gospel in the posts our Lord has me type in this forum, then you're missing the second witness of the Gospel that will end the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Don't worry, most of God's people were designed to miss it during this short temporary age. You will know My voice and obey ALL My commandments when you wake up on the New Earth with your eternal mate. Man was created both male and female.

Etritonakin

The religious men rejected the Gospel during the first witness of Christ started 2,000 years ago. Those saints who preached His voice were all turned in by the religious heathens who were then killed by the Roman government. Christians think these saints were Christians but that's because the Vatican boys made sure their followers would believe that with their New Testament that was added to the Jewish scriptures without any direct authority by our Creator.

If you can't hear the Gospel in the posts our Lord has me type in this forum, then you're missing the second witness of the Gospel that will end the 1,000 year reign of Christ. Don't worry, most of God's people were designed to miss it during this short temporary age. You will know My voice and obey ALL My commandments when you wake up on the New Earth with your eternal mate. Man was created both male and female.

I definitely can't hear the gospel of the kingdom in your posts -which contradict that which was written in both the old and new testaments.

The Father had Christ -also called the Word/Melchizedek /I AM -do his will. The old covenant was preparation for the new -as declared from the beginning.

GodsVoice

I definitely can't hear the gospel of the kingdom in your posts -which contradict that which was written in both the old and new testaments.

The Father had Christ -also called the Word/Melchizedek /I AM -do his will. The old covenant was preparation for the new -as declared from the beginning.

Neither could the religious Jews who interpreted the prophecies incorrectly and without being "born again", it was impossible for them to understand the Gospel of God that Jesus and the rest of us saints preach during the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

2 Corinthians 3;
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

It's obvious you haven't been "born again" in the spirit of God so you don't have the Spirit ( Holy Spirit ) of God revealing the Truth to you.

John 5
37: And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen;
38: and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe him whom he has sent.
39: You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
40: yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.

Etritonakin

Neither could the religious Jews who interpreted the prophecies incorrectly and without being "born again", it was impossible for them to understand the Gospel of God that Jesus and the rest of us saints preach during the 1,000 year reign of Christ.

2 Corinthians 3;
14: But their minds were hardened; for to this day, when they read the old covenant, that same veil remains unlifted, because only through Christ is it taken away.
15: Yes, to this day whenever Moses is read a veil lies over their minds;
16: but when a man turns to the Lord the veil is removed.
17: Now the Lord is the Spirit, and where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is freedom.

It's obvious you haven't been "born again" in the spirit of God so you don't have the Spirit ( Holy Spirit ) of God revealing the Truth to you.

John 5
37: And the Father who sent me has himself borne witness to me. His voice you have never heard, his form you have never seen;
38: and you do not have his word abiding in you, for you do not believe him whom he has sent.
39: You search the scriptures, because you think that in them you have eternal life; and it is they that bear witness to me;
40: yet you refuse to come to me that you may have life.

John 6
63: It is the spirit that gives life, the flesh is of no avail; the words that I have spoken to you are spirit and life.
When you can move around like the wind after being resurrected or changed in the twinkling of an eye -at the last trump, mind you -having been given a glorious body similar to that which allowed the Word to create all things and subdue them unto himself, you can talk to me about being "born again".

John 3:5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

I Cor 15:50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality

Phil 3:21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

You may be sincere, but you're essentially just saying that you are special and we are not... And using scripture to support that idea. You are also definitely incorrect about the thousand year reign of Christ -and I will definitely not listen to you, as what you say contradicts the scriptures in many ways. Being given the gift of the holy sprit of God is a sort of rebirth of the mind and spirit -but it is only the beginning -and I would sincerely advise you to open your mind and ask God about the subject. Many think they have it and do not. Thinking that you are in a good position compared to others may feel safe -but you may not be in as good a position as you think.

Last edited:

GodsVoice

When you can move around like the wind after being resurrected or changed in the twinkling of an eye -at the last trump, mind you -having been given a glorious body similar to that which allowed the Word to create all things and subdue them unto himself, you can talk to me about being "born again".

John 3:5Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God. 6That which is born of the flesh is flesh; and that which is born of the Spirit is spirit. 7Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again. 8The wind bloweth where it listeth, and thou hearest the sound thereof, but canst not tell whence it cometh, and whither it goeth: so is every one that is born of the Spirit.

I Cor 15:50Now this I say, brethren, that flesh and blood cannot inherit the kingdom of God; neither doth corruption inherit incorruption. 51Behold, I shew you a mystery; We shall not all sleep, but we shall all be changed, 52In a moment, in the twinkling of an eye, at the last trump: for the trumpet shall sound, and the dead shall be raised incorruptible, and we shall be changed. 53For this corruptible must put on incorruption, and this mortal must put on immortality

Phil 3:21Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

You may be sincere, but you're essentially just saying that you are special and we are not... And using scripture to support that idea. You are also definitely incorrect about the thousand year reign of Christ -and I will definitely not listen to you, as what you say contradicts the scriptures in many ways. Being given the gift of the holy sprit of God is a sort of rebirth of the mind and spirit -but it is only the beginning -and I would sincerely advise you to open your mind and ask God about the subject. Many think they have it and do not. Thinking that you are in a good position compared to others may feel safe -but you may not be in as good a position as you think.

Jealousy is the reason My people killed all My servants.

Fool

ALL in all
Premium Member

I think the indication is the stripping of the ego identity to the spiritual self after death vs prior to death. from the illusion of permanence of form to impermanence. if there is an integration into the Spiritual wholeness, then the second death isn't going to be an issue. the identity to the ego, or worldly self, has already been transmuted.

case in point:

Rev 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

so what is it that self must overcome? what did Jesus have to conquer? overcoming self by knowing self? kenosis? less than nothing? sub-zero? less than zero? O = wholeness, all as ONE? I AM that i am?

fyi, the comforter is the justice of the people, loadicea a judge who sits upon the judgment seat.
an advocate

the one who is centered upon the throne. god is a not respecter of persons. nothing can be above the Law. neither to the left, nor the right, but straight and narrow is the WAY, the balance, or scales.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

know thyself

Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

Last edited:

Etritonakin

I think the indication is the stripping of the ego identity to the spiritual self after death vs prior to death. from the illusion of permanence of form to impermanence. if there is an integration into the Spiritual wholeness, then the second death isn't going to be an issue. the identity to the ego, or worldly self, has already been transmuted.

case in point:

Rev 3:18 I counsel you to buy from me gold refined in the fire, so you can become rich; and white clothes to wear, so you can cover your shameful nakedness; and salve to put on your eyes, so you can see. 19 Those whom I love I rebuke and discipline. So be earnest and repent. 20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with that person, and they with me. 21 To the one who is victorious, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I was victorious and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 Whoever has ears, let them hear what the Spirit says to the churches.”

so what is it that self must overcome? what did Jesus have to conquer? overcoming self by knowing self? kenosis? less than nothing? sub-zero? less than zero? O = wholeness, all as ONE? I AM that i am?

fyi, the comforter is the justice of the people, loadicea a judge who sits upon the judgment seat.
an advocate

the one who is centered upon the throne. god is a not respecter of persons. nothing can be above the Law. neither to the left, nor the right, but straight and narrow is the WAY, the balance, or scales.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”
Sun Tzu, The Art of War

know thyself

Genesis 4:7
If you do what is right, will you not be accepted? But if you do not do what is right, sin is crouching at your door; it desires to have you, but you must rule over it.”

That which must be overcome is sin -by a lifelong process of repentance. Christ overcame the world by not sinning.

1Jn 3:4 Whosoever committeth sin transgresseth also the law: for sin is the transgression of the law.

The law includes the commandments -written in stone, as it were -and various statutes and judgments -some of which change over time according to God's plan -written in sand/dirt, as it were.

I'm not sure what you meant about the stripping of the ego identity, but there is nothing wrong with being an individual -and it's actually the whole point.
The fact that we will be given new names indicates individual identity. Individual identity and creativity are that which will provide infinite newness, joy, wonder, love, etc.
God is making us gods -individual gods with names, identities, creativity, etc. -and will even give a pure language for communication.
One sin is mastered, the YOU will still remain. YOU will not be removed from sin. Sin will be removed from YOU.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and ........... a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature [creation] waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature [creation] was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature [creation] itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Last edited:

GodsVoice

That which must be overcome is sin -by a lifelong process of repentance. Christ overcame the world by not sinning.

I'm not sure what you meant about the stripping of the ego identity, but there is nothing wrong with being an individual -and it's actually the whole point.
The fact that we will be given new names indicates individual identity. Individual identity and creativity are that which will provide infinite newness, joy, wonder, love, etc.
God is making us gods -individual gods with names, identities, creativity, etc. -and will even give a pure language for communication.
One sin is mastered, the YOU will still remain. YOU will not be removed from sin. Sin will be removed from YOU.

Rev 3:19 As many as I love, I rebuke and chasten: be zealous therefore, and repent.
Rev 3:20 Behold, I stand at the door, and knock: if any man hear my voice, and open the door, I will come in to him, and will sup with him, and he with me.
Rev 3:21 To him that overcometh will I grant to sit with me in my throne, even as I also overcame, and am set down with my Father in his throne.

Rom 12:21 Be not overcome of evil, but overcome evil with good.

Rev 2:11 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; He that overcometh shall not be hurt of the second death.

Rev 2:26 And he that overcometh, and keepeth my works unto the end, to him will I give power over the nations:

Rev 21:7 He that overcometh shall inherit all things; and I will be his God, and he shall be my son.

Rev 2:17 He that hath an ear, let him hear what the Spirit saith unto the churches; To him that overcometh will I give to eat of the hidden manna, and ........... a new name written, which no man knoweth saving he that receiveth it.

Rev 3:12 Him that overcometh will I make a pillar in the temple of my God, and he shall go no more out: and I will write upon him the name of my God, and the name of the city of my God, which is new Jerusalem, which cometh down out of heaven from my God: and I will write upon him my new name.

Zep 3:9 For then will I turn to the people a pure language, that they may all call upon the name of the LORD, to serve him with one consent.

Joh 10:34 Jesus answered them, Is it not written in your law, I said, Ye are gods?
Joh 10:35 If he called them gods, unto whom the word of God came, and the scripture cannot be broken;
Joh 10:36 Say ye of him, whom the Father hath sanctified, and sent into the world, Thou blasphemest; because I said, I am the Son of God?

Rom 8:29 For whom he did foreknow, he also did predestinate to be conformed to the image of his Son, that he might be the firstborn among many brethren.

Php 3:21 Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself.

Rom 8:18 For I reckon that the sufferings of this present time are not worthy to be compared with the glory which shall be revealed in us.
Rom 8:19 For the earnest expectation of the creature [creation] waiteth for the manifestation of the sons of God.
Rom 8:20 For the creature [creation] was made subject to vanity, not willingly, but by reason of him who hath subjected the same in hope,
Rom 8:21 Because the creature [creation] itself also shall be delivered from the bondage of corruption into the glorious liberty of the children of God.
Rom 8:22 For we know that the whole creation groaneth and travaileth in pain together until now.

Religious people focus on the sins of men while we servants focus on listening to the voice of God and obeying His commandments which is the only way to learn why He created the "Tree of the knowledge of good and evil" where information called Lucifer and the Beast exists.

GodsVoice

And who do you think you are? Why are you capitalizing "My"?

I AM WHO I AM but My people cannot see Me and never will. All they can do is hear My voice and obey all My commandments. Those who reject My voice will be destroyed and burned up in the Fire that was planned from the beginning.