• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanists denied opening prayer for the third time in Boston.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
o_O Secular democratic government = secular democracy.
All secular democracies are secular governments.
But not all secular governments are secular democracies.

the transition from the end points.
The transition points are all we really ever have.
Amd it's never good to be static amd remain unchanging. People grow lazy amd weak and become primitive while the rest ox the world moves ahead.
No. A prohibition on a federally sponsored religion is not at all EQUAL TO no religion in the equation and I’ve already provided numerous examples.
You've provided rubbish that Constitutional law does not agree with.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
All secular democracies are secular governments.
But not all secular governments are secular democracies.

Fortunately, America is NOT and never was a Democracy. See Article IV, Section 4 of US Constitution.

The transition points are all we really ever have.

Rubbish. The beginning and end is but a moment of a relatively long life.

You've provided rubbish that Constitutional law does not agree with.

By 'Constitutional Law' you mean secular humanists imposing their world view onto a Christian culture created document. For instance, the 1A merely forbid the Creature from establishing a State religion. In no way does the actual text of the Constitution assert 'Separation of Church and State.'

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Fortunately, America is NOT and never was a Democracy. See Article IV, Section 4 of US Constitution.
It is a democratic republic. Most liberal democracies today function kind of this way. Pure democracies or republics aren't very common.
Rubbish. The beginning and end is but a moment of a relatively long life.
All we do in life is go about a series of transitions as we move along from beginning to end.
By 'Constitutional Law' you mean secular humanists imposing their world view onto a Christian culture created document. For instance, the 1A merely forbid the Creature from establishing a State religion. In no way does the actual text of the Constitution assert 'Separation of Church and State.'
No, I mean judges who have ruled on it. Such as acknowledging the Christian presence in American society but reaffirming the state itself is secular.
And forbidding state religion is separation of church and state.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
All we do in life is go about a series of transitions as we move along from beginning to end.

I feel sorry for you. Live. Live Joyfully. There is no command to transition beyond that.

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I feel sorry for you. Live. Live Joyfully. There is no command to transition beyond that.

This is the day that the LORD has made; let us rejoice and be glad in it.
Psalm 118:24
Curses! A thread complaining about Christians strong arming everyone out of the way so they can run the show and how unreluctant they are to share Constitutional rights, and bring up a Bible verse here to praise your onion skin god.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Not this thread sister. This thread is about how Satanists nefarious goals were rightfully rejected. ;-)
They were wrongly rejected and courts are ruling that.
You religion is rightfully, fortunately, and finally slipping and losing its hold on society and the state. And we've been so much better off for it. Just like most countries doing better for themselves after the ditch the church and Bible as a guiding force.
Thank you for letting us know you do not accept freedom of religion for all. You don't believe in the values America stands for, you believe in "rights for me."

Satanic Temple Sues Boston Over Opening Prayer Policy

I'd rather see no prayer in government institutions, but am not against traditional practices.

I do side with the Satanists that it is religious discrimination solely on the basis they are not aligned with Abrahamic doctrines.

Otherwise I think the policy should end.

Should they be allowed opening prayer?

I think so.
I feel that the first amendment should have stated "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of A CHRISTIAN religion..."
Because that is what they meant.
After the next revolution it will likely be worded like that.
This is why we are having so many problems in our country these days, the poor wording of our founding documents-even as carefully as they were worded.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
I feel that the first amendment should have stated "Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of A CHRISTIAN religion..."
Because that is what they meant.
After the next revolution it will likely be worded like that.
This is why we are having so many problems in our country these days, the poor wording of our founding documents-even as carefully as they were worded.
I think it was meant to prevent a theocracy from forming so, no single religion gains political control over the government.

Christianity certainly applies, but its good to prevent any religion from obtaining that degree of political power.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Ahhhhh so here we have the REAL agenda. You don't want any prayer by anyone. So your strategy is to irritate those who want prayer by introducing farcical prayers and lies by groups who don't believe in God. Shame on you.
You're free to pray however you want, provided it's on your own or with like-minded people participating of their own free will.

The issue only arises when you try to impose prayer on others against their will.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
They were wrongly rejected and courts are ruling that.

Is there a court decision?

You religion is rightfully, fortunately, and finally slipping and losing its hold on society and the state.

Yea, Christianity's influence declining is correlated to the overall society's decline.

Our society is OK with killing their own descendants. Those they don't kill, they are OK with enslaving via public debt.

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
You're free to pray however you want, provided it's on your own or with like-minded people participating of their own free will.

The issue only arises when you try to impose prayer on others against their will.

You have no concept what freedom of religion actually is. Imposing prayer on others?! Absurd.
You're free to <speek> however you want, provided it's on your own or with like-minded people participating of their own free will.
The issue only arises when you try to impose <your hateful words> on others against their will.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is there a court decision?
The many that have already ruled the public must make accommodations for all or have none at all.
Yea, Christianity's influence declining is correlated to the overall society's decline.
Amd we are so much better off. Eventually the absurdity of the story in the OP won't even be a thing as that intrusive and invasive religion gets pushed out of the public square and those who don't believe in it don't have its dogma forced on them.
And such happy days those will be, when we no longer have to worry about Christians insisting they get to throw the rights of others out the window, not living in a world where they try to claim everything for their own, and no more fighting over them acting like children who refuse to share. The rest of the world can move on in peace free from the hatred, fighting, destruction and entitlement that Christians have wrought

Our society is OK with killing their own descendants. Those they don't kill, they are OK with enslaving via public debt.
Like misrepresenting with total horse manure levels of bullcrap? Kill our own descendants? Enslave?
Methinks you don't know what those words mean.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
You have no concept what freedom of religion actually is. Imposing prayer on others?! Absurd.
That's what an official prayer as part of a public meeting is: imposing the prayer on anyone in attendance.

Just as you find Satanist prayers offensive, others find Christian prayers offensive. Maybe take Matthew 7:12 to heart and apply some empathy.

You're free to <speek> however you want, provided it's on your own or with like-minded people participating of their own free will.
The issue only arises when you try to impose <your hateful words> on others against their will.
What are you on about?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
That's what an official prayer as part of a public meeting is: imposing the prayer on anyone in attendance.

Just as you find Satanist prayers offensive, others find Christian prayers offensive. Maybe take Matthew 7:12 to heart and apply some empathy.

What are you on about?
I'll raise you Matthew 6:6.
Jesus already told them not to be doing this. For they have already been rewarded for their service and have forfeited better rewards in the Kingdom.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
Absurd. Sir, you live in a Christian nation. Ever hear the saying about when in Rome?
What nation do you think I live in? Mine has equality of religion:

15. (1) Every individual is equal before and under the law and has the right to the equal protection and equal benefit of the law without discrimination and, in particular, without discrimination based on race, national or ethnic origin, colour, religion, sex, age or mental or physical disability.

Constitution Acts, 1867 to 1982

Wrangler

Ask And You Will Receive
What nation do you think I live in? Mine has equality of religion:

You live in a false reality, let alone a nation like mine, for equality rarely exists - but is the rallying cry of evil.

Aristotle wrote in 380 BC that the greatest inequality is holding unequal things as equal. What year is it? In most of the world, people reckon it is 2021. The basic measurement of time beginning from all religions equality? No sir!

It is clear your God is the State. Equal in one way (before the law) does not equality make.