• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Satanists Claim Abortion a Religious Ritual

Sheldon

Veteran Member
Whew! It sure is lucky that it is not Bible times and God is not advocating killing babies any longer:

Happy is the one who seizes your infants
and dashes them against the rocks.

The Bible is not anti-abortion.

The Noah flood myth alone, must have indiscriminately aborted countless pregnancies, along with the indoctrinate an barbaric global genocide it imagines took place. It's hard to take objections to the termination of an insentient clump of cells, from people who try to excuse this narrative as if it was real and justified.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
The Noah flood myth alone, must have indiscriminately aborted countless pregnancies, along with the indoctrinate an barbaric global genocide it imagines took place. It's hard to take objections to the termination of an insentient clump of cells, from people who try to excuse this narrative as if it was real and justified.

They will fall back on "its different when God does it". Somehow they "know" that all of those babies will be brought up evil. And then in the next sentence they will speak of free will not realizing that they just contradicted themselves.

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I would claim that women should stop having sex entirely until they are married and ready to have children.

Not your business though is it.

If that standard is too high - then at least practice safe sex in a monogamous and committed relationship.

Again this is not your business, though ironically it is religions that have opposed sex education and access to family planning and contraception that has been demonstrated to have the best effect in reducing unwanted pregnancies and STD's.

If that standard is too high - then at least practice safe sex in general - every time.

Again it is religions who have traditionally opposed this, with catastrophic results.

If that standard is too high - then at least marry the father of your "oops baby" and live happily ever after.

It is not for you to make this decision for others though is it.

If that standard is too high - then at least don't murder your child - put he/her up for adoption.

No children are murdered in an abortion.

We should be promoting abstinence,

Abstinence education has had catastrophic results in the US, it resulted in far higher rates of unwanted pregnancies and STD's. <LINK>

We should be promoting abstinence, self-control, personal accountability, safe sex practices - and not murdering babies.

Abstinence education doesn't work, and religions have traditionally opposed sex education and contraception that have been shown as the best way to avoid unwanted pregnancies and STD's. Legal abortion is not murder, by definition, nor does it involve babies.

Of course it won't "solved everything" - but it will stop babies from being murdered.

Legal abortion is not murder by definition, and no babies are involved.

the least we can do is stop murdering babies.

Legal abortion is not murder by definition, and no babies are involved. :rolleyes:

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I have ultrasound images of my children all throughout their incubation and I have loads more pictures of them from after they were born - yet all of them are images of the same human being - the same person.

Nonsense. This

2-cell.png

looks nothing like

Widen-PM-171221-1664-emotional-for-baby-1155x867.ashx

Sheldon

Veteran Member
I believe that those who protest against abortion are those who delight in children because they tend to have them.
I could care less what you believe, I believe red is a far nicer colour than blue, but I have no right to insist everyone else agree.

It Aint Necessarily So

Veteran Member
Premium Member
even with a clean shot, unless one hits the deer in the head, a deer will suffer far more than a fetus will. if the fetus is less than 24 weeks along.

That was the point of posting the video, not to vilify hunters or accurately depict hunting. That difference is the basis for calling abortion a morally acceptable option if the ability to suffer the terror and pain that deer experienced is not experienced by the fetus. It's also a nice illustration of what matters to me and probably most other supporters of a woman's right to choose. It's not about whether it's human or a baby or alive or any other word that one might call a fetus. It's about sentience and suffering, and it doesn't matter if you're human or cervid, it doesn't matter whether you will ever become a person or not.

Also, in pointing out the myopia of a hunter making the comment, "I still don't see how it's ever right to take an innocent life."

Then you either should resist all animal use whatsoever or you should see animals and humans life as the same. Usually it's the second, which is frankly scary, because it means a pig is a dog is a boy to you, all equally unimportant lives.

I didn't say that I considered humans and the beasts as the same, just that I don't consider human beings the way the religious do. They are not separate from the beasts, or more special in the eyes of a deity, or made in that deity's image, or have a soul not found in the beasts.

But they are entitled to kindness and consideration because they can suffer just like a baby (but not an embryo).

No one has to be taught to be repulsed about killing babies

That's correct, which is why you use the term. You're trying to piggyback the empathy that we naturally feel for babies back into the womb back to the time of conception. That's the difference between organic outrage and manufactured outrage, and why you feel you need to enlist the one to serve the other. People don't respond to abortion the way they do infanticide unless taught to.

they have to be taught that it's ok by society repeating the same lies over and over.

That's incorrect. Pro-choice people are not lying. But the anti-abortion people are.

Isn't repeating the same distortion over and over in the hope that it will take root in pro-choice people the way it does in the faithful subjected to religious indoctrination "repeating the same lies over and over"? That's how indoctrination works. No argument, no evidence, just repetition of what it is hoped one will be made to believe. It appears that your hope is that by calling aborting early term fetuses 'killing babies' often enough, maybe you can coopt some of the empathy for sentient creatures for the insentient ones through association.

Heyo

Veteran Member
If they truly cared about babies, they wouldn't oppose universal healthcare or social programs that provide aid and assistance for mothers and their children, but the "sanctity of life" apparently begins at conception and ends at birth.
And they wouldn't oppose a woman's right to bodily autonomy. It sounds contra-intuitive but nations with reasonable abortion rights have less abortions per woman than nations with restrictive abortion rights.

Wildswanderer

Veteran Member
as the same, just that I don't consider human beings the way the religious do. They are not separate from the beasts, or more special in the eyes of a deity, or made in that deity's image, or have a soul not found in the beasts.

But they are entitled to kindness and consideration because they can suffer just like a baby (but not an embryo).
Then how can you eat animals? Would you eat human fetuses?

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
All they do is lie. About the unborn feeling, which they clearly do, about late term abortion not happening, which it does, and about it having no effect on the women that abort, who are usually traumatized for a very long time.
How do you know that a fetus at less than 24 weeks into a pregnancy feels pain? You might want to read this article:

WHEN DOES A FETUS FEEL PAIN? : Neurology Today

When you make a claim that you do not know is true, and if you cannot support such claims with facts and evidence you do not know you only believe, you have told a falsehood. Even if by some wild stroke of luck your claiming that something is true when you did not know either way is a falsehood. And if it involves other people it is very often a breaking of the Ninth Commandment.

Subduction Zone

Veteran Member
And they wouldn't oppose a woman's right to bodily autonomy. It sounds contra-intuitive but nations with reasonable abortion rights have less abortions per woman than nations with restrictive abortion rights.
Probably for many of the same reasons that abortions occur at a lower rate in the US in neighborhoods that have a Planned Parenthood than those that do not have one.

One can always tell if a person is actually Prolife or merely anti-sex by whether or not they support Planned Parenthood. Planned Parenthood is totally nonjudgmental towards sexual relationships and their only interest is to make them as safe as possible.