• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Salaam-laam-laam Salaam-laam-laam Iran!

Jason

This is a repost of a recent thread from myspace that would fit well here and doesn't seem to be covered:
"(CNN) -- Iran plans to send ships near the Atlantic coast of the United States, state-run Islamic Republic News Agency reported Tuesday, quoting a commander.

"The Navy of the Iranian Army will have a powerful presence near the United States borders," read the headline of the story, in Farsi.

"Commander of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran broke the news about the plans for the presence of this force in the Atlantic Ocean and said that the same way that the world arrogant power is present near our marine borders, we, with the help of our sailors who follow the concept of the supreme jurisprudence, shall also establish a powerful presence near the marine borders of the United States," the story said. The reference to the "world arrogant power" was presumably intended to refer to the United States."

http://www.cnn.com/2011/09/27/world/meast/iran-navy/index.html

anxious.gif
bouncey.gif
anxious.gif
bouncey.gif
anxious.gif
bouncey.gif
anxious.gif
bouncey.gif

Salaam and welcome to our Iranian friends!!! Your visit will surely be a blessing to the United States! It is an honor after the decades of Islamamericans striving to rid the world of tyranny and oppression in the Muslim world as commanded by Allah in our Holy Qur'an for the Iranians to return the favor with their presence near our borders!

Let us all pray that our region's power and resource hungry pigs will tremble as yours are while those that they oppressed take back what Allah has promised us! All praise be to Allah, and a hearty thank you and salute to the honorable sailors of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran!

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Salaam and welcome to our Iranian friends!!! Your visit will surely be a blessing to the United States! It is an honor after the decades of Islamamericans striving to rid the world of tyranny and oppression in the Muslim world as commanded by Allah in our Holy Qur'an for the Iranians to return the favor with their presence near our borders!

Let us all pray that our region's power and resource hungry pigs will tremble as yours are while those that they oppressed take back what Allah has promised us! All praise be to Allah, and a hearty thank you and salute to the honorable sailors of the Navy of the Army of the Islamic Republic of Iran!
I'm sorry, but wouldn't this be more suited to the Joke Dir? I can only assume that the writer is kidding.

Jason

I'm sorry, but wouldn't this be more suited to the Joke Dir? I can only assume that the writer is kidding.
Less kidding, more ignoring obvious unrest and attitudes and stating how it could be viewed in an unhypocritical manner.

Kilgore Trout

Misanthropic Humanist
If we ever needed to engage their navy, we could always send out two fishing boats full of rednecks with shotguns to destroy their fleet.

Jason

More like a patently naive manner, imo.
Or what I said. I'm aware it will probably fall on deaf ears with both sides, but at least someone is stating how it should be viewed by both sides. My girlfriend is second generation Iranian-American so it's kind of like a representative from each side that loves their neighbors as themselves are vicariously Righteous for both nations, thus protecting us all from Allah's wrath.

Jason

So... an all-knowing being, who sees all events, can actually get angry? That's very rich.
Thankfully. When a creation gets out of line He wipes it out and replaces it with a better creation. That's just evolution.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
Oh, I'm sure the US Navy, to preserve the ego of the proud Aryan people sending their "fleet" to waters off our shores, will likely give them a naval battle. Expect it to last all of 5 minutes.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Perhaps it's due to the inherent difference in naval warfare vs land warfare (no place to run and hide), but isn't it a bit hubristic to think the US could easily annihlate the Iranian force since it's not like Iraq and Afghanistan have been a cake-walk?

Jason

Perhaps it's due to the inherent difference in naval warfare vs land warfare (no place to run and hide), but isn't it a bit hubristic to think the US could easily annihlate the Iranian force since it's not like Iraq and Afghanistan have been a cake-walk?
Not at all really, the US navy is more powerful than any navy. I'm sure the Iranians are a force to be reckoned with but they can't leave their own waters unguarded and push comes to shove the US could call every ship home. Near their borders the Iranians might give us a run for our money, but near ours it's like a pro football team against a high school team. It really would be over before it began. Iran knows that, the US knows that. Iran is just testing the US, nothing more.

Jason

Not at all really, the US navy is more powerful than any navy. I'm sure the Iranians are a force to be reckoned with but they can't leave their own waters unguarded and push comes to shove the US could call every ship home. Near their borders the Iranians might give us a run for our money, but near ours it's like a pro football team against a high school team. It really would be over before it began. Iran knows that, the US knows that. Iran is just testing the US, nothing more.
But I suppose you accounted for the naval aspect, still, they really couldn't do a lick of damage. Our only losses would be fuel and ammo.

HiddenDjinn

It's My Birthday!
I was taking into account Persian capabilities vs. American capabilities. American warships can hit Persian ones before the Persian ships can detect the presence of American naval forces. That's the reason behind the statement that the naval battle would last about 5 minutes and no longer.

Falvlun

Earthbending Lemur
Premium Member
Not at all really, the US navy is more powerful than any navy.
But couldn't the same thing be said of our army? And yet, we've had a hard time definitively winning anything lately.

I'm sure the British thought the same thing about their military might against the upstart American punks. Look what happened to them.

Is there any such thing as guerrila naval fighting? :D We certainly have the most high tech toys, firepower, and manpower, but I don't think we should ever underestimate a small group of highly motivated, unscrupulous, clever, idealistic fighters.