• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Russia And Chechnya: What Happens Next?

Nehustan

Found a very interesting article about the Caucasus and Russia.

Obviously there has been problems between Moscow and the region, and one might even date it back to the Tsarist invasion of the region. Then of course there was the Afgan war, but given the situation Afganistan now finds itself under, the Soviets must seem less of a threat than they were lead to believe. America sold the Afgan Jihad with tails of the Godless 'commie'. This has had obvious overspill into the previous central Asian soviet republics. I'm sure neither Moscow or the local inhabitants of Central Asia (tho' I'm not sure about their leaders) are happy about US influence in the region.

http://www.cacianalyst.org/view_article.php?articleid=30&SMSESSION=NO

http://www.cacianalyst.org/index.php

Nehustan

Well historically the arrival of Christianity in Russia only just happened before the spread of Islam out of the Peninsula, a slightly different progression of history, and Russia would have always been Muslim. What we now call Russia was relatively a late comer to 'Christendom'.

TashaN

Veteran Member
Premium Member
Nehustan said:
ermm...where did those posts go?

heheh sorry, i wanted to post in another thread of you in the islamic forum but i posted it in here by mistake.

Ody

Nehustan said:
Well historically the arrival of Christianity in Russia only just happened before the spread of Islam out of the Peninsula, a slightly different progression of history, and Russia would have always been Muslim. What we now call Russia was relatively a late comer to 'Christendom'.

Actually, the fervor of the missionaries from byzantium was quite remarkable.

kai

ragamuffin
i think hes talking about the central asian states Azerbaijan [SIZE=-1] Kazakhistan [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1]Kirghizia [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Tajikistan [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Turkmenistan [/SIZE] [SIZE=-1] Uzbekistan more soviet than russian[/SIZE]

Ody

And if you subscribe to all of that khazar garbage, well then thier is another religion that would take possible converts from islam ;)

Nehustan

AlanGurvey said:
Actually, the fervor of the missionaries from byzantium was quite remarkable.

Well by my reckoning 988 A.D. is relatively late in the history of 'Christendom', if one thinks of the Council of Nicea in Byzantium/Eastern Rome occuring in 325 A.D.

Nehustan

Well I posed the question 'What happens next?' I guess I got my answer. I can't help thinking that Al CIAda's influence in the region may be diminishing....still may Allah receive the brother's soul.

Rebel leader 'killed' in Chechnya.

Chechen separatist rebel leader Abdul-Khalim Saydullayev has been killed in a police operation, Russian and pro-Moscow Chechen sources say.