• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rubio says "I still believe Trump can't be trusted with Nuclear codes

• Trump can't be trusted with the nuclear codes, but I would vote for him anyway.

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
Rubio: I Still Believe Trump Can't Be Trusted with America's Nuclear Weapons Codes

Can somebody please explain this to me! I don't get it.

To be clear this is from a recent interview with Marco Rubio, an interview he gave after giving Trump his endorsement. And he is still supporting Trump. He is simultaneously saying that Trump should be President, and that he can't be trusted with the responsibilities of President. I can't bend my mind around this. :confused:

Would you ever vote for someone for President of the United States that you believe could not be trusted with the nuclear codes? How could anyone do that?

suncowiam

He's too worried about his own well-being to ever provoke anything.
This is a man who is insecure about the size of his hands.

Man, he got owned by Trump and then acted like he was a victim in all of that.

I really can't stand Rubio.

I hope this is the highest stage he'll ever reach in the political system.

Skwim

Veteran Member
More republicans hate Trump than democrats it seems.
And with good reason. To Democrats he's nothing but a buffoon. Something more to be pitied and laughed at than hated. To Republicans, however, he's making a shambles of the Republican party, which pretty much invites hatred.

tytlyf

Not Religious
And with good reason. To Democrats he's nothing but a buffoon. Something more to be pitied and laughed at than hated. To Republicans, however, he's making a shambles of the Republican party, which pretty much invites hatred.
True. We don't necessarily hate him, we just think he's playing people for fools. The republican insiders really hate him because they fear their corporate welfare and 'system' they've put together over all these years will dry up.

Acim

Revelation all the time

When in a primary, you say things about an opponent that are meant to cast dismissive attitudes towards them and have potential supporters see the other person in a negative light. Like, we could go and see all the things that Bernie has said about Hillary and then if Bernie ever endorses her as the right person for POTUS, we could go back and review all the negative things he said about her and ask if he stands by them. Things like she has big money interests controlling her campaign, or she's not really for significant economic and social change. Then if some event happens, a reporter could ask why he endorsed a candidate that even he says is controlled by big money interests? To which I imagine Bernie would reply along the lines of, "she's got my vote as best way we now have to defeat Trump and Republican politics." Thus evading the question.

How about we ask Rubio who he prefers, Trump or Clinton and see if we can understand that response.

fantome profane

Anti-Woke = Anti-Justice
Premium Member
When in a primary, you say things about an opponent that are meant to cast dismissive attitudes towards them and have potential supporters see the other person in a negative light.
I understand that, which is why I emphasised that this is a recent comment, not from the primarys. It is something Rubio has said after he endorced Trump. If this was some kind of hyperbolic statment made heat of the primary then I would expect Rubio to find some way to walk it back. But no, Rubio maintains what can only be described as a contradictory position.

Acim

Revelation all the time
I understand that, which is why I emphasised that this is a recent comment, not from the primarys. It is something Rubio has said after he endorced Trump. If this was some kind of hyperbolic statment made heat of the primary then I would expect Rubio to find some way to walk it back. But no, Rubio maintains what can only be described as a contradictory position.

Perhaps when Bernie does the exact same thing (with Hillary), you'll be able to grasp it.

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
You get used to that with Rubio.... then you tune him out.

LuisDantas

Aura of atheification
Premium Member
Would you ever vote for someone for President of the United States that you believe could not be trusted with the nuclear codes? How could anyone do that?
By feeling a lack of reasonable, realistic options, I must assume.

Fairly or unfairly, reasonably or insanely, he probably feels that for all his flaws Trump is still a better choice of POTUS than Hillary.

To be fair, not too many people are all that trusting of either. Nor should we.

The real puzzle and challenge to me is how to unravel and undo the circunstances that made Trump a half-seriously viable candidate in the first place.