• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Roots Hold Me Close!

What do you UUs' do to keep yourself grounded?

I do daily chanting (japa) of the Hare Krishna Mahamantra. This prayer keeps me grounded and centred, and reminds me of the immanence of divine presence.

How about you all?

Hare Krishna!

applewuud

I don't do a particular spiritual practice. I find doing practical work, especially outside (trimming trees, planting; fixing things) grounds me the most. So does reading and writing, and playing music. And, going to church once a week.

I go for walks. There is a nature preserve nearby that is very quiet and is absolutely gorgeous. I'll go there, just to walk and to admire the surroundings.

I have other spiritual practices, such a praying, (attempting to) meditate, and lighting a candle, but this is the one that is most effective, as it allows me to take in the aspect of God that is all around us, and stop asking the questions the fill my mind for a bit.

Sundance

pursuing the Divine Beloved
Premium Member
As an eclectic Mystic, I meditate and do various spiritual practices. As an Alternative Christian, I listen to Christian Metal, Christcore, and Reggae, practice contemplative prayer, and I have Bible Study.