• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Root of All Evil - UK Television

Halcyon

Lord of the Badgers
Atheist_Dave said:
... every modern evolutionist has studied religions closely...
Erm, what? No they haven't, i know dozens of evolutionists who know didly squat about religion.
We had one double lecture at the end of our third year evolution course at uni on creationism, and yes it was given in total seriousness (if that's a word) and that was all.

Atheist_Dave

*Foxy Lady*
Wow well I guess I'm wrong, I only know 5 evolution experts but they are geneticists. All of them have researched religion a lot to form their own opinion on what they believe, guess I just assumed its the same for all of them. Peace x

p.s does anyone watch mythbusters on discovery? Now that is a show :)

may

well just to add my 2 cents worth , i believe that the world empire of false religion is now on the brink , and yes ,it is going to be destroyed by non other than God himself. no wonder that God is telling his people to get out of false religion , it is on death row so to speak.

Babylon the Great is doomed and the vindication of Jehovah’s sovereignty is at hand

And I heard another voice out of heaven say: ‘Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.’" (Revelation 18:4) yes this is false religion and God wants true worshipers to get out while they still have the chance because she is going down

in view of the coming desolation of Babylon the Great, God’s people are now urged to escape

For her sins have massed together clear up to heaven, and God has called her acts of injustice to mind. revelation 18;5

Babylon the Great feels secure. But her destruction, decreed by Jehovah who "is strong," will happen quickly, as if "in one day............. and i am out of babylon the great ,it is on its way out for good, and it will be God himself who will get rid of it

And a strong angel lifted up a stone like a great millstone and hurled it into the sea, saying: ‘Thus with a swift pitch will Babylon the great city be hurled down, and she will never be found again.’" (Revelation 18:21) yes the world empire of false religion is going down and she will never be found again. what a relief that will be .

linwood

ThisShouldMakeSense said:
It wasn't, and not all Christians believe that. A day can be an undefined period of time, much like the saying 'in my father's day' doesn't refer to a single 24-hour day. So i'd take that back if i were you.
You should read Genesis again.
The "days" mentioned are defined in context by the rising and setting sun.

24 hours.