• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Romans 9:13 - Just as it is written: ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.'

XIII-Legion

Genesis 25:23 - The Lord said to her,
‘Two nations are in your womb,
and two peoples from within you will be separated;
one people will be stronger than the other,
and the elder will serve the younger.’

Isaiah 45:9 -

“Woe to those who quarrel with their Maker,
those who are nothing but potsherds
among the potsherds on the ground.
Does the clay say to the potter,
‘What are you making?’
Does your work say,
‘The potter has no hands’?

Romans 9:13 - Just as it is written: ‘Jacob I loved, but Esau I hated.'

Romans 9:15-16 - For he says to Moses, “I will have mercy on whom I have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion.” So then it depends not on human will or exertion, but on God, who has mercy.

Romans 9:20-21 - But who are you, O man, to answer back to God? Will what is molded say to its molder, “Why have you made me like this?” Has the potter no right over the clay, to make out of the same lump one vessel for honorable use and another for dishonorable use?

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Jacob (or Israel) is the ancestor of modern day Jews.

Esau is the ancestor of Muslim peoples.

QUESTION: Does God favour one race over another?

Last edited:

Sleeppy

Fatalist. Christian. Pacifist.
God is no respecter of persons.. Everything else is self-righteousness, and idolatry. It is very, very easy for people to deceive themselves, and others.

Matthew 18:7
'Wo to the world from the stumbling-blocks! There is a necessity for the stumbling-blocks to come, but wo to that man through whom the stumbling-block doth come!'

As the sons of Man, we need to verify everything assumed as God's word. God's word is recurring, and cannot be falsified. The prophets were not always accurate, nor could they be. But they knew that God swears by Himself, being all-knowing.

Isaiah 55:11
So is My word that goeth out of My mouth, It turneth not back unto Me empty, But hath done that which I desired, And prosperously effected that for which I sent it.

XIII-Legion

God is no respecter of persons..

However, I'm sure God respects Jesus more than He respects you.

But who are you to pretend you're a peer and friend of Jesus?

As the sons of Man, we need to verify everything assumed as God's word.

But what do you mean by "sons of Man"?

Where, in the Bible does it say the Son of Man is PLURAL instead of SINGULAR?

To be made in God's image doesn't mean there is more than one Christ; nor does it mean that YOU are also God in human form.

God's word is recurring, and cannot be falsified.

That Jesus is God is one such word, which is a recurrent theme throughout the New Testament.

But you are wrong, misguided, and deluded to try and reinvent Christianity for your own purpose; or to pretend you are a peer and friend of Jesus.

Most Trinitarian Churches believe in the Sovereignty of God and the centrality of Christ in God's plan, because Jesus is God in human form.

But its futile for you -- or anyone else -- to pretend you are on a par with Jesus; because you are NOT God, and never will be.

Please take your pagan (and polytheistic) religious views elsewhere, as they have no place in this part of the religious forum.

Last edited:

XIII-Legion

Muslims are not a race.

Jews are not a race.

But the parable of Esau and Jacob is meant to illustrate a more general law in nature; which is evidenced by Darwin's theory of evolution.

Hence, the dichotomy doesn't have to be Jew v. Palestinian, but it can be used to illustrate any kind of social division e.g. racial difference, ethnic difference, religious divide, and class distinction etc.

Evolution tells us that humans and chimps have a common archaic ancestor; which means they both have the same origins. (The potter and clay).

From a scientific perspective, there is no evidence at all to suggest that humans are 'better' than chimps; but from a religious viewpoint, we know that humans are supposedly 'better' than their closest cousin.

The out of Africa theory can be used to infer that every race originated in E. Africa with a common black ancestor.

That different races have evolved by partitioning the original lineage goes without any shadow of doubt. All races -- including Black Africans -- are divergent from their parent race in Africa. (Romans 9:21).

Archaeological and historical evidence will tell you that God favoured those who left Africa over the ones who stayed there; since Africa is the only continent which has failed to develop a major world civilization, such as the Arabs, Persians, and Europeans have done.

Also, Dr Ian Morris, a professor of Archaeology and Ancient History at Stanford is reputed to have said: "The west has been the most socially developed part of the world for fourteen out of the last fifteen thousand years".

Therefore, assuming that God exists -- which we don't know -- then it would seem that God has preordained some races to have more strategic power than others.

That is, God has historically favoured one race above every other race; which is a general point that can be inferred using Genesis 25:23, Isaiah 45:9, Romans 9:13, Romans 9:15-16, and Romans 9:20-21.

Therefore, it's beside the point to consider whether or not Jews/Muslims are in fact a 'race'; since Esau and Jacob can be used to illustrate any kind of social division in modern society; and to illustrate that God is likely to give preferment to some (social) status groups at the expense of others.

Last edited:

XIII-Legion

This OP isn't accurate, both religions accept converts etc., you can't make the inference you are, basically.

However, this OP is not only concerned about racial difference or the religious divide in modern society; but it can be any social division you can think of. (Romans 9:21).

Last edited: