• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Rogue Court

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
main-qimg-d98db85ef2e2e4e537e2a486782916dc-lq.jpeg

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
There is another matter to discuss of the upmost urgency and importance.

The return of mandatory wig wearing when making major determinations like Roe vs Wade.

Among other matters of state of course.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
I wouldn't say it's humor. it's more. A statement of reality. I posted it here because it was a meme/pic, And I didn't feel like adding a lot of exposition.
So I wonder if it is real and if the EU parliament actually took the trouble of condemning our supreme court's decision.

The Hammer

[REDACTED]
Premium Member
Thanks I had no idea. Being here in the midst of everything, in particular in the state of Mississippi, I can't help but feel that this is an empty gesture. I'm sure it feels savage over there in the parliament though.

Yeah, I doubt it is meant to accomplish anything other than making a statement.

Ella S.

*temp banned*
It doesn’t matter if they approve or not. America is America. We do things our way.

The overturning of Roe v Wade actually feels quite un-American to me and brings to mind Europe's constant flirtations with totalitarianism.

America was supposed to be the land of the free, even taking the proto-anarcho-syndicalist government structure from the Iroquois Confederacy.

Instead, we're becoming just as authoritarian as the UK, but somehow even less rational since we're doing it out of superstition rather than royal bootlicking.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is this millennial humor?
Looks like crap reasoning to me. Citing the vote of one governing body certainly doesn't equal the "democratic world."
And a reason I hate memes because you can't make a good, fleshed out point concerning something of such paramount importance with one fact and one stretch of a point. In this case it ignores that places like Hungary--a part of the democratic world--may follow suit, as potentially other nations where nationalist authoritarianism is gaining traction.

mangalavara

सो ऽहम्
Premium Member
'The EU Parliament.' 'The entire democratic world.'

As always, never mention the world's largest democracy, or any other democratic country beyond the West.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
You can't back that point up. You can't well support it, if you can support it at all. They have free and fair elections. They have free speech. Freedom of religion. They have some wonky laws, true, but everyone does. In the end, they're free enough to trashed at the pub, declare their to be a wanker, and go vote as they stagger home while stuck on how much of a wanker their boss is.
I'd wager every last dollar I'll ever make you could spend some time where it is a real dictatorship like China or NK and you be endlessly grateful for all the rights you'd get once you're in the UK.

Heyo

Veteran Member
It doesn’t matter if they approve or not. America is America. We do things our way.
It does matter.
The US' position as "leader of the free world" rests as much on cultural imperialism as on brute force. For the longest time Europe or the European countries wouldn't criticise the US, no matter what. They were "our tribe" and critique wasn't to be uttered publicly. The fact that that has changed shows the decline of the US as unopposed leader. Today we criticise, tomorrow we may act (with sanctions, boycotts etc.).

Hold

Abducted Member
Premium Member
I may be missing something. I thought the SCOTUS did not forbid abortion. I thought the SCOTUS ruled the decision of whether abortion was permitted or not permitted was to be decided by each State.......Alito...
Writing for the majority, he said forthrightly that abortion is a matter to be decided by states and the voters in the states. "We hold," he wrote, that "the Constitution does not confer a right to abortion." As to what standard the courts should apply in the event that a state regulation is challenged, Alito said any state regulation of abortion is presumptively valid and "must be sustained if there is a rational basis on which the legislature could have thought" it was serving "legitimate state interests," including "respect for and preservation of prenatal life at all stages of development." In addition, he noted, states are entitled to regulate abortion to eliminate "gruesome and barbaric" medical procedures; to "preserve the integrity of the medical profession"; and to prevent discrimination on the basis of race, sex, or disability, including barring abortion in cases of fetal abnormality.

Last edited: