• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Robbie Coltrane, best known as Rubeus Hagrid, has died.

Sgt. Pepper

All you need is love.
It is with a sad heart that I share the news that Robbie Coltrane, best known as Rubeus Hagrid in the Harry Potter films, has died. He was 72. As a fan of Harry Potter, his passing saddens me. And as Potterheads say in the fandom, wands up. /* May he rest in peace.

311576695_591371312678206_6547001808410374225_n.jpg

Last edited:

Sand Dancer

Crazy Cat Lady
Oh no, that's not old anymore! Big guy though. I haven't seen him in anything but HP. What should I watch him in?

ChristineM

"Be strong", I whispered to my coffee.
Premium Member
Oh no, that's not old anymore! Big guy though. I haven't seen him in anything but HP. What should I watch him in?

Cracker for sure if you can get it. It was a British tv series. Extremely intense criminal psychology.

I was studying psychology as an option my first year at uni when it aired. It was close to changing my direction of study.

Evangelicalhumanist

"Truth" isn't a thing...
Premium Member
I am saddened. I found the character, Hagrid, loveable, but I feel the same about Robbie. I remember him (because I'm old) playing along with Stephen Fry, Emma Thompson and Hugh Laurie in Alfresco, and I have been a fan of all of them for such a long time. RIP, Robbie. But you will live forever in Rubeus Hagrid.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
What a lucky guy! He is right that to have played Hagrid he has something that generations in his family can talk about. There can never be another original Hagrid, not matter how many times the series is recreated on video or audio. If there are video games his character will be the one to imitate.

Yerda

Veteran Member
I loved Nuns on the Run. He was good at his job and seemed to be a decent guy.

Also, alongside Sean Connery and Billy Connolly he was famous and Scottish at a time when not many people with accents like mine were on telly.