• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Ritual Talmudic Dance in Jordan Stirs Controversy

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
From the video they seem to be Na-Nach's who are known more for smoking pot and blasting loud music in the street than for their ability to be considerate of others.
Really now? I thought hasids didn't know how to have fun

Tumah

Veteran Member
Really now? I thought hasids didn't know how to have fun
1. What you mean to say is that you didn't know "hasids" knew how to have what you also associate with as being fun.
2. These people can only loosely be referred to as "hasids."

Hasid:
dancers.jpg

Na-Nach:
na-nach-breslov.jpg

Jayhawker Soule

-- untitled --
Premium Member
Very provocative and distasteful.
Too bad that Jordan is an puppetcountry of the Americans and Zionists.
You obviously missed …
The Director of Media and Communication at the airport, Zahiya al-Na’asan, explained that "the video was very short and did not arouse anger to those present [at the time]."

She added that "the management of the airport did not receive a single complaint from any passenger about the incident that took place.” Na’asan also denied that the dance was "an expression of a Jewish religious ritual." [ibid]
No matter how ill-advised, the problem is not their dance but your attitude and your ignorance. The dance had absolutely nothing to do with zionism and/or Israel. You simply hate Jews.

Tumah

Veteran Member
You are just mad that they got the better publicity going. :p

I hate that van. You know how many times I walk down the street in ultra-Orthodox parts of Jerusalem and I have to hear that guy blasting his cheesy trance and rap about Rabbi Nachman. Do you think this is the type of music we want to hear? It is not. They're a lesson in "how to pretend we are making everyone happy, when we are really just trying to get attention."

Flankerl

I hate that van. You know how many times I walk down the street in ultra-Orthodox parts of Jerusalem and I have to hear that guy blasting his cheesy trance and rap about Rabbi Nachman. Do you think this is the type of music we want to hear? It is not. They're a lesson in "how to pretend we are making everyone happy, when we are really just trying to get attention."

That's the reaction I was looking for. :D

CMike

Which is odd, because within Judaism, Hassidic Jews are not associated with Zionism.
I don't quite agree. Chabad is pretty Pro-Israel.

In fact the Chabad rabbis were pretty supportive of the Pro-israel rallies I led last summer.

Tumah

Veteran Member
I don't quite agree. Chabad is pretty Pro-Israel.

In fact the Chabad rabbis were pretty supportive of the Pro-israel rallies I led last summer.
Chabad is, well, the black sheep of the Chassidic family. Look at a picture of a Chassid from every single other Chassidic sect. Now look at a Chabadnik. You should be able to spot some differences pretty quickly.

JacobEzra.

Dr. Greenthumb
I am not going to lie, I frequent Chabad website and do admire what I've read of Rebbi Nachman.

But lets all be honest. It is pretty petty to get ones pants in a bunch over dancing.

Jordainians angry over it should be happy it wasn't any Jamaican dance hall moves

Saint Frankenstein

Wanderer From Afar
Premium Member
Lol. It's so cute. I want to join in. :D Mazel tov!

So sad that people want to take something joyous and ruin it with hate.

Servant_of_the_One1

You obviously missed …
No matter how ill-advised, the problem is not their dance but your attitude and your ignorance. The dance had absolutely nothing to do with zionism and/or Israel. You simply hate Jews.

I love Jews! My ex was jewish!
What does that have to do with the discussion??

I find this dance very distasteful. Thats really my opinion and i can share that with u guys.