• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Righteousness

MonkeyFire

Pacifism, and faith in life are radicals. If you literally loved, that really is saying a lot. To not hate some one will literally free you. Things are that simple, but this faith-knowledge complex arises and now everyone hates, but before it’s too late faith and knowledge will unite and world will celebrate.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Pacifism, and faith in life are radicals. If you literally loved, that really is saying a lot. To not hate some one will literally free you. Things are that simple, but this faith-knowledge complex arises and now everyone hates, but before it’s too late faith and knowledge will unite and world will celebrate.
Faith in what? Your personal beliefs?

Redemptionsong

Is Jesus Christ a Liar?? Jesus Christ has made no statements to me or anyone I know in order to determine whether Jesus Christ is a Liar or not. Further, Jesus did not write any holy books either. As for myself, I give everyone the great opportunity to be trustworthy until it is proven wrong. If one questions, one Discovers that holy books do not add up completely. Are those writers completely honest? They reflect mankind more than anything else.

As far as faith goes, I do my best to go for Truth and facts rather than beliefs. God is not a Belief. God is a Fact. On the other hand, this isn't the same for everyone.

This world was created with all choices along with the freedom for God's children to make free choices. In time every child will Discover what the best choices really are.

If one chooses to value, and label for sin, isn't one choosing to value all those petty things mankind holds so dear? Hanging onto all those petty things will prevent one from reaching a higher level.

That's what I see. It's very clear!!
IMO,
There were numerous close disciples of Jesus, as well as family members, whose witness is found in the NT. Denying that Jesus spoke the words attributed to him is demonstration of the bias that people show against God's Word. Had this quantity of evidence been provided for any other historical character, the evidence would have been lapped up and accepted as authoratitive.

The fact that Jesus did not write the words of the Gospels should be seen as adding weight to the testimony, not detracting from it.

Additionally, the Comforer, the Holy Spirit, bears testimony to the words spoken by Jesus, and makes known the truth to believers, as scriptures states.

IMO.

Last edited:

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
IMO,
Because all men have sinned and fallen short of the glory of God. The consequence is death.
I am a human. If a god can't accept that then this god is not worth my consideration. I make mistakes. I am human. I am not a sinner and I don't fall short of some fantasy standards that even Jehovah doesn't live up to them (like that "thou shalt not kill" part).
Amd we all die regardless.

Redemptionsong

I am a human. If a god can't accept that then this god is not worth my consideration. I make mistakes. I am human. I am not a sinner and I don't fall short of some fantasy standards that even Jehovah doesn't live up to them (like that "thou shalt not kill" part).
Amd we all die regardless.
In your own eyes you may not be a sinner, but in God's eyes all humans have sinned [Galatians 3:22].

1 John 1:8. 'If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.'

1 Peter 3:18. 'For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:'

IMO

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
In your own eyes you may not be a sinner, but in God's eyes all humans have sinned [Galatians 3:22].

1 John 1:8. 'If we say that we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.'

1 Peter 3:18. 'For Christ also hath once suffered for sins, the just for the unjust, that he might bring us to God, being put to death in the flesh, but quickened by the Spirit:'

IMO
Of course the Bible says that. It has a sollution to sell for a problem we don't have.
And it doesn't help that nothing outside of that can support the existence of this sin.

Redemptionsong

Of course the Bible says that. It has a sollution to sell for a problem we don't have.
And it doesn't help that nothing outside of that can support the existence of this sin.

IMO.

It's a solution that makes perfect sense to me. I consider myself a sinner saved by grace.

Every testimony that speaks of salvation from sin, through Christ, is a nail in your theory!

IMO.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
IMO.

It's a solution that makes perfect sense to me. I consider myself a sinner saved by grace.

Every testimony that speaks of salvation from sin, through Christ, is a nail in your theory!

IMO.
Every religion claims such things. Islam has legions of those with testimonies. Hindus feel the presence of their gods. Wiccans to claim it through their spells.
Seem that everyone does this doesn't bode well for the idea it asserts the Bible above the rest.

Bird123

And the math doesn't necessitate or require a god for the universe.

You are right. On the other hand, all the knowledge acquired, in time, will end up at God's door.

Religion has corrupted the view of many many people. I have found no religion that really understands God at all, yet so many make determinations of God based on that view. It's no wonder so many say God could not possibly exists. That God would be a Monster.

In reality, life is about learning and growing as people to a Higher Level. It has never ever been about God. It is about us.

God is nothing to worry about. Everyone already knows God whether they know they know or not. Be who you must! It's a part of the plan!! Listen to the advice of others but walk your own path! Life's lessons are best learned that way! Finally, Life is about choosing. Free choices is far too important to allow others to make our choices for us.

There is no one in the universe exactly like each of us nor will there ever will be. WE must all strive to share that which is special about us with those around us.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
There is no one in the universe exactly like each of us nor will there ever will be. WE must all strive to share that which is special about us with those around us.
We aren't special snowflakes. There are others like us, and we really aren't that unique.

Redemptionsong

Every religion claims such things. Islam has legions of those with testimonies. Hindus feel the presence of their gods. Wiccans to claim it through their spells.
Seem that everyone does this doesn't bode well for the idea it asserts the Bible above the rest.
IMO, there is only one God, and one Truth.
The claim of Jesus Christ is exclusive. 'God with us' ('lmmanuel') is not a claim found in any other faith. The prophets of Israel pointed the people to a future everlasting king, and Jesus fulfils all the prophecies of the Suffering Servant. I believe that, at the time appointed, this same Suffering Servant will return to earth as King of Kings to judge.
IMO.

To suggest that you have no sin is to say that there is no right or wrong. To argue that there is no right or wrong is, lMO, a recipe for chaos and depravity.

Redemptionsong

Not at all. Sin is a religious thing. Right and wrong aren't.
Sin is the breaking of the Law, according to scripture. If you are under the Mosaic Law, you commit sin by breaking any of the 613 laws. As a Christian, God's law is His love (because Christ fulfilled the Law in love), and to sin is to not live by faith in love.

To suggest that you commit no sin is to deny that you have known any of God's commandments. Yet, you were taught these things within your denomination.You may have opted out, but the knowledge of these things is not lost. That's why Peter says that it's worse for a dog who returns to it's vomit, or a sow to the mire. You know what is right and wrong but you choose to ignore the teaching.

Is that not true?

IMO.

Bird123

IMO,
There were numerous close disciples of Jesus, as well as family members, whose witness is found in the NT. Denying that Jesus spoke the words attributed to him is demonstration of the bias that people show against God's Word. Had this quantity of evidence been provided for any other historical character, the evidence would have been lapped up and accepted as authoratitive.

The fact that Jesus did not write the words of the Gospels should be seen as adding weight to the testimony, not detracting from it.

Additionally, the Comforer, the Holy Spirit, bears testimony to the words spoken by Jesus, and makes known the truth to believers, as scriptures states.

IMO.

Actions speak louder than words. How can you ignore all those questions I asked? How can you accept frying children with no possibility of redemption. Are these the actions of an intelligent Being or the simple words of mankind who want to start a religion and define God as they want you to believe.

When one does not value all those petty things mankind holds so dear, one is at a Higher Level. How can I be at a Higher Level than God?

Clearly, those holy books do not add up. What is in them reflect mankind more than anything else. What is in them prove they do not come from God.

Accepting and believing is so much easier than Discovering the Real Truth. Discovery takes work. On the other hand, I could never settle for anything other than the Real Truth. I will be doing the work it takes to Discover it all.

I think you only accept. Do you question anything? Do you seek anything? Do you expect all the answers to be served up on a silver platter? Yes, always a million questions for those who seek. Do you seek? Can you honestly say that you can find nothing in your holy book that you think is wrong? Were you taught never to question? Why?

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Is that not true?
No. I used to live in Indiana and still know Indiana law fairly well. But now that I'm a citizen of California the laws of Indiana (nor my birth state of Missouri) do not apply to me.
It is no different with Christianity. I still know it well, but it's laws apply to me no more than the Neopagan policies I once followed. It's all in the past and not something that applies to me anymore.
And it I ate dog vomit, it was the best thing ever for me. You should try some. It allowed me to gain a far greater understanding of right and wrong than I could have ever gained with the Bible.
Mmmmmmm dog vomit.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Widen the view. You are more Special than you realize.
Not really. I read a book about Aspergers and it felt like a weird biography of sorts. My over life and path being trans is basically carbon copy with interchangeable parts among other MtFs. And I do have habits reflective of the parenting I recieved. Sure, there's going to be some things about me different than others who have similar backgrounds, but overall none of us are really that unique.

rational experiences

Veteran Member
If humans never wrote books and just had interactive human relationships what would you say?

Basic survival is first.

Natural living conditions owned by all living bodies.

Survival status is the teaching method.

In groups we relied on balances of natural justice that identified mutual shared living conditions.

Natural.

Then you take a look at human life gone wrong. Ask some basic questions and give self the answers.

Group choice. Origin of which was not the consensus.

Historic a small group of men decided to change life for everyone via science conditions.

Human chosen.

The irradiation effect. Human sickness suffering. Mind and behaviour change by brain mind burning effects chemical changes.

The reason. The nature of survival instinctive mutual shared communal removed.

No longer did a human behave for a natural mutual shared balance.

Why book writing preaching common reviewed human aspects were denoted as assistance in communal living to regain lost morality.

Basic reasons why.

Redemptionsong

Actions speak louder than words. How can you ignore all those questions I asked? How can you accept frying children with no possibility of redemption. Are these the actions of an intelligent Being or the simple words of mankind who want to start a religion and define God as they want you to believe.

When one does not value all those petty things mankind holds so dear, one is at a Higher Level. How can I be at a Higher Level than God?

Clearly, those holy books do not add up. What is in them reflect mankind more than anything else. What is in them prove they do not come from God.

Accepting and believing is so much easier than Discovering the Real Truth. Discovery takes work. On the other hand, I could never settle for anything other than the Real Truth. I will be doing the work it takes to Discover it all.

I think you only accept. Do you question anything? Do you seek anything? Do you expect all the answers to be served up on a silver platter? Yes, always a million questions for those who seek. Do you seek? Can you honestly say that you can find nothing in your holy book that you think is wrong? Were you taught never to question? Why?

IMO.
I need to make sense of where you are coming from if l'm to deal sensibly with your 'meteor shower' of questions.

You have talked about God as 'a fact' when God is only known through faith.

You claim that God loves unconditionally (which l believe is true), but without providing your source of revelation. How can you know this without revelation?

How can any human, with their limited knowledge and powers of reasoning, hope to discover the truth of God? In logic, this form of reasoning is 'inductive' and inferential, and is incapable of providing certainty. But God, who (by definition) does know all things, is able of reveal the truth to mankind. This is what is known as revelation, and, if it comes from the one true God, provides knowledge of the truth. The only condition that comes with revelation is faith.

Clearly, not all holy books can offer the way of truth. They may all offer 'truths', but truth mixed with error is deception. There can, therefore, only be one truth revealed by one God, and l believe that truth is revealed through the Bible by the Holy Spirit. The Bible is, lMO, the best evidence of God.

You appear to be claiming that philosophy provides answers to spiritual matters. I say that it raises questions but fails to offer knowledge of the truth.

You feel that the Bible fails to answer questions, but l say let's take one question at a time and look at it carefully.

IMO.

Last edited: