• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Richard Branson survives Hurricane Irma

Laika

Premium Member
Sir Richard Branson owns a 74 acre private island in the Caribbean as the billionaire founder of the Virgin Group. Branson is thought to be the 324th wealthiest person in the world, worth over $5 billion (according to Forbes) and bought Nekker Island for $180,000.

From his Twitter Feed, the billionaire said he retreated with friends to his concrete Wine Cellar from the hurricane Irma.

Yes...

...The wine cellar.

I hope there was some good cheese to go with the wine and the hurricane. :D

Joking aside, Branson and his Virgin Group is also raising funds for those affected by the Hurricane. "Virgin Unite has made a donation to the British Red Cross to support the hurricane relief efforts, and we are awaiting more information about how else we can best support. I would urge everyone to donate to the British Red Cross through Virgin Money Giving (who are waiving their fees in support of the appeal) to help local communities." Branson's son Sam said on Instigram: "Please don't take this hurricane lightly if it is heading your way."

Link to Virgin's appeal is *here* if you are interested. I'm not sure if anyone is affected on RF but take care of yourself. May we all be safe in our concrete wine cellars. :)