• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Responding to claims that Rama or Krishna were "messengers" of allah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shishya

I consider anyone making such a claim to being extremely offensive and deliberately hateful because when they call the incarnations of Vishnu; Rama and Krishna as messengers.

messengers of whom? the deity of the quran whom theybelieve to exist.

This is an insult because stating that the God of Hindus is unreal and is instead a created thing, something that serves their deity allah. some sub ordinate to an entity of worship which we do not recognize.

It would be an insult Lord Rama by comparing Him with muhammad.

Lord Rama is the Perfect man. Because He is God. Only God is Perfect.

Lord Rama is the Most Morally Righteous.

Thus let us compare Lord Rama and muhammad:

- Rama left His consort when her chastity was called into question by a mere washerman even though He knew the accussations were baseless.

on the other hand

- when aisha was accussed of adultery, muhammad after some time claimed to have recieved revelations proving her innocent and then he ordered 40 lashes for the accussers.

- aisha was betrothed to muhammad when she was merely 6 years old and consummated marriage with her when she was 9. and that makes him a pedophile.

This would be comparing God as being equal to a pedophile.

Thus to us Hindus that would be extremely offensive.

Not only that in one instance where muhammad after he conquered a large Jewish settlement, he asked Kinana one of the Jewish leaders where the treasures of its tribe is, when Kinana refused to tell him, muhammad gives orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, quote "Torture him untill you extract what he has". So he kindled a fire with a flint and steel on his chest untill he was nearly dead. After that muhammad had him beheaded.

This is a sign of muhammad not being a messenger of God because allah is not God, if it was, why didnt give it him revelations then? how come muhammad the tyrant had to mercilessly torture an innocent man to obtain information?

Its alright to upset infidels but unacceptable to state the facts about islam so as not to offend its followers?

Is this not hypocrisy? How can muslims claim Rama or Krishna as "messengers/prophets"?

When there ARE prophets/seers/sages in Hinduism who spoke of a Formless, Eternal and Monotheistic God?

Such as Vasistha and Valmiki who are also the characters of Ramayana?

Rama or Krishna are not described in the quran. So they themselves cannot believe in such.

It is offensive to Hindus.

Just as it may be offensive to muslims to call allah the servant of Shiva

Last edited:

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
I hope this goes out to Bahais and anyone who claims Rama/Krishna to being anything but incarnations of God.

I did not know that ZoyaHayat was not a muslim because the post she made which I linked to here is something some muslims often claim about Rama/Krishna.

But I responded anyway.

And I decided to make it a thread to clarify this whole matter.

Of course you are bringing this up here because of the response I made to your post.

http://www.religiousforums.com/forum/2049875-post66.html

I think you were being extremely offensive and deliberately hateful when you called the incarnations of Vishnu; Rama and Krishna as messengers.

messengers of whom? the deity of the quran whom you believe to exist.

you purposely insulted me telling me that my God is unreal and is instead a created thing, something that serves your deity allah. some sub ordinate to an entity that you worship which I do not recognize.

you insulted Lord Rama by comparing Him with your muhammad.

Lord Rama is the Most Morally Righteous.

You compared Rama to your muhammad.

Rama left His consort when her chastity was called into question by a mere washerman even though He knew the accussations were baseless.

when aisha was accussed of adultery, muhammad after some time claimed to have recieved revelations proving her innocent and then he ordered 40 lashes for the accussers.

aisha was betrothed to muhammad when she was merely 6 years old and consummated marriage with her when she was 9.

and that makes him a pedophile.

You are comparing my God as being equal to a pedophile.

I am extremely offended by that.

Not only that in one instance where muhammad after he conquered a large Jewish settlement, he asked Kinana one of the Jewish leaders where the treasures of its tribe is, when Kinana refused to tell him, muhammad gives orders to al-Zubayr Al-Awwam, quote "Torture him untill you extract what he has". So he kindled a fire with a flint and steel on his chest untill he was nearly dead. After that muhammad had him beheaded.

How come, that your allah didnt give him revelations then? how come muhammad the tyrant had to mercilessly torture an innocent man to obtain information?:rolleyes:

Its alright to upset infidels but unacceptable to state the facts about islam so as not to offend its followers?

Is this not hypocrisy? Why do you even claim Rama or Krishna as "messengers/prophets"?

When there ARE prophets/seers/sages in Hinduism who spoke of a Formless, Eternal and Monotheistic God?

Such as Vasistha and Valmiki who are also the characters of Ramayana?

Rama or Krishna are not described in the quran, so why do you bother?

What if I called your allah as a servant of Shiva?

Shishya i still dont understand what you are trying to get at? xxx

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Curiously...

10. Discuss Individual Religions Forums
The DIR forums are for the express use for discussion by that specific group. They are not to be used for debate by anyone. People of other groups or faiths may post respectful questions to increase their understanding. Questions of a rhetorical or argumentative nature or that counter the beliefs of that DIR are not permitted. Only posts that comply with the tenets or spirit of that DIR are permitted. DIR areas are not to be used as cover to bash others outside the faith. The DIR forums are strictly moderated and posts are subject to editing or removal.

The Rules (Source)

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
From what I've observed Zoya, Shishya is selective, and only reads what he wants to read.

Rainbow Mage

Lib Democrat/Agnostic/Epicurean-ish/Buddhist-ish
Zoya he also refuses to answer my points about Hubal being the chief god of the Meccans prior to Islam, rather then Allah

Shishya

I am not "playing around".

I am stating how Hinduism does not see Rama/Krishna as "messengers". And why.

And how offensive it is by that and worser still by equating God to muhammad.

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
sisya,why your religion "la illaha il allah" (syahadah),are u muslim or what?

Quoting him:
Thus to us Hindus that would be extremely offensive.

Not to mention, how many Muslims would call Muhammad a pedophile and say Sri Rama is is God?
- aisha was betrothed to muhammad when she was merely 6 years old and consummated marriage with her when she was 9. and that makes him a pedophile.

Hope this helps.

ZoyaHayat

Divine Female Power
I am not "playing around".

I am stating how Hinduism does not see Rama/Krishna as "messengers". And why.

And how offensive it is by that and worser still by equating God to muhammad.

I never said Hinduism sees Krishna Ji or Raama Ji as Messengers!!!

Seeeee!this is what i mean-you never read what the whole issue was and now you are contradicting your own made statements in your abrupt manner in other posts!

xxx

Andal

resident hypnotist
Maybe we can take a different approach to this thread because Shishya does raise a good question. As Hindus how do we delineate between messengers of God and Avatars?

For me Krishna and Rama were not messengers because they never claimed to be. Krishna never once says that he is bringing the message of God he says He is God. Look at the Gita when he reveals his universal body. He isn't pointing to God but establishing that as his universal form.

So that is how I base my judgment. If I accept that Krishna existed, the proof being in the scriptures. Therefore I must trust the scriptures as the authority. And if I do that then why would I not believe what they say about him?

Aum Hari Aum!

Breathe

Hostis humani generis
Maybe we can take a different approach to this thread because Shishya does raise a good question. As Hindus how do we delineate between messengers of God and Avatars?
That is a good question.

And at what point is a prophet/messenger a guru?

Status
Not open for further replies.