• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Republican Ron Paul and Media Ignorance

Protester

Yeah, I never understood the tendency for racial minorities to define and organize themselves by race. It's rather counterproductive to engineering an end to racism.

the above was an answer to,
… personally launched a campaign entitled "Whites For Paul", we'd hear shrill cries of "Racism!".
But a deafening silence greets Obama's appeal to racial political preferences.....
'African Americans For Obama' Launched By President's Campaign To Rally Black Voters (VIDEO)

I smell a double standard.
Unfortunately, Ron Paul's supporters do that for him. He seems to have followers, Archived-Articles: The Odd Alliance Supporting Ron Paul The sad thing they seem to make up a too large a percentage of Republican voters, usually around 12%. If it was only 1% it might be tolerable, but that is just too high a rate to go unnoticed. By the way, many of us think that if your are anti-Israel, it is just a code word for being anti-Semitic. Ron Paul defends Hamas, blames Israel for 2009 war and more

Last edited:

Revoltingest

Pragmatic Libertarian
Premium Member
the above was an answer to,
Unfortunately, Ron Paul's supporters do that for him. He seems to have followers, Archived-Articles: The Odd Alliance Supporting Ron Paul The sad thing they seem to make up a too large a percentage of Republican voters, usually around 12%. If it was only 1% it might be tolerable, but that is just too high a rate to go unnoticed. By the way, many of us think that if your are anti-Israel, it is just a code word for being anti-Semitic. Ron Paul defends Hamas, blames Israel for 2009 war and more
Pretty hollow criticism. Some nasty people like him? Meh....this is true of all politicians, including Obama & Bush.
But I don't prefer Paul to them because of good or bad traits their various supporters have. I look at what the
candidate has done & would do in office.
This fallacious focus has this origin:
People disagree with Ron Paul but like his candor & parts of his agenda, eg, drug legalization, anti-war.
But criticizing his favoring Constitutional limits on government doesn't inspire fervor, so some other demonizing
chink in his armor is needed. Hey, presto.....criticize someone easily hated, & link them to Paul. Very weak
argument indeed.

Last edited: