• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Repub. debates- Cheer for death and boo logic

etherealascension

Secular Buddhist Humanist
Recently, in one of the debates, it was brought up that Texas executed 234 inmates. They cheered.

A question was asked regarding the fate of a man in need of medical attention who had no health insurance. People shouted "Let him die."

Ron Paul tried to explain that Al Qaeda is angry with America because we put military bases on holy land. They booed until he couldn't finish his statement.

Thoughts? I respect the views of Republicans but it looks like these audiences are close-minded proselytizers of death. I'm trying not to be biased here, I'm politically middle of the road, but this is a bit extreme. How can someone cheer on death and boo when logic and reason is brought up?

etherealascension

Secular Buddhist Humanist
The Republican base has gradually become increasingly dominated by stupid people over the past 30 years. By "stupid people", I mean authoritarians.

It's sad. Old school republicans have some good ideas. Romney, Huntsman, Paul, Santorum? They have some valid ideas. But the authoritarians and extremists ruin it for the reasonable ones.