• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Repealing Obamacare would add to deficit, according to CBO.

dust1n

Zindīq
The Congressional Budget Office released a report Friday that showed America just what deficit hawks who have no healthcare reform plan of their own Republicans really are.

Republicans want to repeal your healthcare so they can add $353 billion over the next ten years to the deficit. It is projected to add $3 trillion to the deficit in the ten years after that. Yes, $3 trillion.

The Republican horror show doesn’t end there. Over the next ten years, 24 million people would lose their health insurance. About 19 million people would lose insurance next year alone, according to the CBO.

“The CBO is projecting that repealing the Affordable Care Act will add more than $350 billion to the deficit in the next ten years, and add a staggering $3 trillion to the deficit in the ten years after that.” Democratic House Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said in a statement. “Even under Republicans’ highly controversial ‘dynamic’ scoring math, the CBO finds that repeal will explode the deficit by more than $100 billion – not counting the increased health care costs from erasing the Affordable Care Act’s emphasis on prevention.”

CBO Drops Reality Bomb On Republicans: Repealing Obamacare Will Add $353 Billion to the Deficit

leibowde84

Veteran Member
The Congressional Budget Office released a report Friday that showed America just what deficit hawks who have no healthcare reform plan of their own Republicans really are.

Republicans want to repeal your healthcare so they can add $353 billion over the next ten years to the deficit. It is projected to add $3 trillion to the deficit in the ten years after that. Yes, $3 trillion.

The Republican horror show doesn’t end there. Over the next ten years, 24 million people would lose their health insurance. About 19 million people would lose insurance next year alone, according to the CBO.

“The CBO is projecting that repealing the Affordable Care Act will add more than $350 billion to the deficit in the next ten years, and add a staggering $3 trillion to the deficit in the ten years after that.” Democratic House Leader Nancy Pelosi (D-CA) said in a statement. “Even under Republicans’ highly controversial ‘dynamic’ scoring math, the CBO finds that repeal will explode the deficit by more than $100 billion – not counting the increased health care costs from erasing the Affordable Care Act’s emphasis on prevention.”

CBO Drops Reality Bomb On Republicans: Repealing Obamacare Will Add $353 Billion to the Deficit
It's because we have to put Obama in his place, of course, and leave him with absolutely no legacy. Isn't that reason enough?!

dust1n

Zindīq
I will never understand how your government has convinced people that being healthy is a bad thing.

'Cause there ain't no point in being healthy if you are Obama's slave.

I don't like the AHA. But when idiots like this are going to take any objection to AHA as an endorsement for having anything other than a single-payer system, I'm disincentivized from complaining.

Brickjectivity

wind and rain touch not this brain
Staff member
Premium Member
Obama plans to take over the country and turn it into a dictatorship. That has been his plan from day one, and I have been warned about that numerous times by some very good republicans. Did you know he was planning to sent our economy into ruin to facilitate his takeover? I have been assured that this is the case and anyone who doesn't think so is a fool! I don't know why his nefarious plans haven't worked out for him.

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
Obama plans to take over the country and turn it into a dictatorship. That has been his plan from day one, and I have been warned about that numerous times by some very good republicans. Did you know he was planning to sent our economy into ruin to facilitate his takeover? I have been assured that this is the case and anyone who doesn't think so is a fool! I don't know why his nefarious plans haven't worked out for him.
Bush did it!

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Moral of the story...

If you want to improve the healthcare system, you don't accomplish it by blowing up the whole g**-**** thing in the first place.

Get ready and prepared for a potential back to a disastrous square one folks. Very soon. My only beef has been the mandate.

HHS secretary: No plan if Supreme Court guts Obamacare - CNNPolitics.com

Personally, in light of the immense damage already done now, lets just make a system comparable with Canada and deal with it. Canadians don't appear to be more worse for wear, and a reasonably free society to boot.

metis

aged ecumenical anthropologist
I think the CBO report shows once again the immense stupidity of so many on the right that predicted that America was coming to a blazing end because of the ACA.

tytlyf

Not Religious
I will never understand how your government has convinced people that being healthy is a bad thing.
It hurts corporate profits, that's why republicans are against it. I vote for middle class policies (democratic)

Shadow Wolf

Certified People sTabber
I think the CBO report shows once again the immense stupidity of so many on the right that predicted that America was coming to a blazing end because of the ACA.
Just give it time. Soon we won't see signs from some of the Right-nuts telling the government to keep their hands off medicaid, before too long they will be telling the government to keep their hands off their ACA.

metis

Just give it time. Soon we won't see signs from some of the Right-nuts telling the government to keep their hands off medicaid, before too long they will be telling the government to keep their hands off their ACA.
Yep, as I well remember seeing the Tea Party signs saying "Don't touch my Medicare" as if it were a private insurance program.
I think the Republican fight against the ACA is dead, and the only thing they'll do now is just give lip-service to ending it. If they tried and succeeded in doing so, their base may be happy but the ramping up of medical inflation and millions being dropped would become a nightmare for them.

Twilight Hue

Twilight, not bright nor dark, good nor bad.
Well they say in a couple of weeks, the ruling for King v. Burwell. will come down the pipe.

Why am I not holding my breath?

metis

Well they say in a couple of weeks, the ruling for King v. Burwell. will come down the pipe.

Why am I not holding my breath?
Actually I'm more concerned about this because we have five Republican-appointed justices that have shown a tendency to make rather idiotic decisions, such as Citizens United. Alito certainly didn't know what he was voting on as he stated that hidden money would not be a problem in terms of keeping track of what it comes from, which is not true as we've seen. Scalia is really quite a fruitcake who has stated that even hand-held missile launchers that could bring down commercial airplanes may be protected under the 2nd Amendment.