• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Reoccurring Dreams

YmirGF

Bodhisattva in Recovery
Are re-occuring dreams foretellings of the future.

One word. No.
I very much like what Isabella had to say.
Dreams have a tendency to reoccur when the events leading to them remain unchanged. It is my assertion that such dreams are like dialogue with the psyche, with the psyche trying to make its point in a way that may catch our attention.

These dreams are highly symbolic in nature and one should not go too far in seeking literal interpretations. Though I cannot tell you what your dreams mean, I can tell you that you can discover traces that will lead you to suitable answers... that will just "click".

I used to have a reoccuring dream. I have never lived in an area that is affected by tornadoes and yet from 13-30 years old I had dreams of a huge tornado, descending from the sky and landing right on top of me. I would then awaken. It is my assumption that I died in each instance of the dream. All there was was this incredible technicolour black vortex that would land all around me.

Ohhh. The tornado that landed on me turned out to be my own fear of getting caught in a "vicious circle". Both my older sisters have been married 4 times each. My best friend, Jeanie has been married 5 times. I simply began to see their lives as "vicious circles". Meet the wrong guy, marry, have kids, divorce... rinse and repeat. I never wanted any part of that in my life. The end of the dreams was in recognizing the fear. The more I fought the fear, the worse it got.

It took many years for unravel this one, but as Isabella states, once I did, they went away. Now whenever I see a tornado in a dream, it is a thing of great beauty.
My best advice to those who have unusual dreams of this nature is NOT to ignore them. On the other hand I would not beat yourself up over them either.

Write your dreams down! Try to discern clues even from your written descriptions of the dream. These writings can be considered like "first impressions". All in all, if my own case is any example, once you know the answer, you will wonder why you did not spot it earlier. It will be that apparent.

M

Majikthise

I don't remember ever having the same dream more than once. Though I wish I could repeat the one where I ride on the back of a great red dragon through lava tubes to the center of the earth. But then I would probably have to have that 103 degree fever again.:tsk: