• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious opposition to homosexuality in the United States

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
and i have heard of fears that it may soon be illegal in at least one state for religious leaders inside their houses of worship to condemn or speak against homosexuality, and if these fears are based on a reality, i find this wrong.
No, they are not based in reality, but in fear and lies perpetuated by anti-gay organizations to scare people into voting against equal rights for homosexuals. This has been proven over and over again.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
J ~

that's why i was clear that it was only a rumor i had heard, and not a fact. i see no reason why i shouldn't repeat it in a public forum, so long as i'm clear that it only hearsay, and don't try to pass it off as something that has or will happen.

at the same time, Catholic Charities was not a state-run venue, but rather a state-supported one. and i recognize now that, inevitably, state and religious views will sometimes clash, and be at such odds that compromise is not an option.
Watch this short video: YouTube - Gay Marriage = Religious Freedom

It will clear up the misunderstandings and lies you've been told.

Enoch07

It's all a sick freaking joke.
Premium Member
It definitely shows a trend suggesting America is slowly starting to accept homosexuality more. Which is cool by me. Same sex marriage I am also ok with. The only thing I disagree with is gay couples adopting. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs, it just does not seem natural to me for a child to have 2 fathers or 2 mothers. I cannot prove it is beneficial or detrimental to the child in anyway, nor do I intend to try and prove or disprove it. I am merely stating that it is just a gut feeling I have that you need to have a mother and father figure in order to grow up and mature to a fully functional adult. I realize almost all of homosexuals feel very strongly on this issue and I mean no offense, I am just being honest. So go easy on me. hehe

i wonder how they tested it because most people wil just say they are ok with it to be politicly correct while the actualy don't want it

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
i wonder how they tested it because most people wil just say they are ok with it to be politicly correct while the actualy don't want it
It was conducted by The Pew Forum on Religion & Public Life, a well respected research organization. Google them if you want to know more.

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
It definitely shows a trend suggesting America is slowly starting to accept homosexuality more. Which is cool by me. Same sex marriage I am also ok with. The only thing I disagree with is gay couples adopting. It has nothing to do with religious beliefs, it just does not seem natural to me for a child to have 2 fathers or 2 mothers. I cannot prove it is beneficial or detrimental to the child in anyway, nor do I intend to try and prove or disprove it. I am merely stating that it is just a gut feeling I have that you need to have a mother and father figure in order to grow up and mature to a fully functional adult. I realize almost all of homosexuals feel very strongly on this issue and I mean no offense, I am just being honest. So go easy on me. hehe
So all those kids with only one parent or guardian are doomed to be abnormal, maladjusted adults? Btw, not all gay parents adopt children, many of us have biological children either through past relationships or by artificial insemination.

But this is not the thread for this issue. I invite you to join one of the ongoing threads on gay parenting and gay adoption:

kids need a mom and a dad

Same Sex Parents

Mike182

Flaming Queer
I'm proud to be classified as part of the "other faiths" group which has the highest acceptance percentage for queers.

9-10ths_Penguin

1/10 Subway Stalinist
Premium Member
It's not just homosexuals who feel very strongly on this issue. Your gut feeling that you can't provide support for is not the proper foundation for any law, and it's certainly not reason enough to deny a child in need a loving home.

Enoch07

Premium Member
So all those kids with only one parent or guardian are doomed to be abnormal, maladjusted adults?

I didn't post my opinion to start a discussion on it. You asked what peoples opinion was on the matter. And I gave you one. I was respectful and honest. If you do not want it that's fine but don't ask for it then get all mad because you don't like it. You know good and well that if one of the parents die that it is different than having a gay couple as parents. So don't try to twist it. I will just leave it at that, because as I said I am not trying to prove or disprove SS couples are better or worse parents. I just said it did not seem natural to me. That is all.

9-10ths I haven't denied anyone of anything. My state has yet to put a vote to the issue of SS marriage etc. How can you deny someones intuition/gut feeling? I never said my gut was the law.

Last edited:

Enoch07

Premium Member

I actually just had a change of heart thanks to Buttons*. He/She made a post titled Adultery...bad? If I was some type of leader and had a say in things I would totally strike up alliances between every gay civil rights group and Christians to team up and figure out ways to keep all couples together longer and cut down on adultery/divorce rates and also get the gay community the equality they deserve. Unfortunately I don't have a say and this whole paragraph so far is pretty much pointless. But.......

What do you say does this have to do with this post. Guess all I am saying is I hereby abandon my original thoughts of SS adoption. High divorce rates among married couples (regardless of type) I can prove is detrimental. (explains why Im so whacky :areyoucra) I apologize for any offense I have caused.

Last edited:

Green Gaia

Veteran Member
I actually just had a change of heart thanks to Buttons*. He/She made a post titled Adultery...bad? If I was some type of leader and had a say in things I would totally strike up alliances between every gay civil rights group and Christians to team up and figure out ways to keep all couples together longer and cut down on adultery/divorce rates and also get the gay community the equality they deserve. Unfortunately I don't have a say and this whole paragraph so far is pretty much pointless. But.......

What do you say does this have to do with this post. Guess all I am saying is I hereby abandon my original thoughts of SS adoption. High divorce rates among married couples (regardless of type) I can prove is detrimental. (explains why Im so whacky :areyoucra) I apologize for any offense I have caused.
No problem. And I didn't "get all mad" earlier. I simply invited you to a discussion on the issue because I didn't want this thread derailed. Have a nice day. :rainbow1: