• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious "freedom"(Fascism) Bill in Georgia

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
Yeah Fascism is a strong word but these bills are meant to oppress people so it is a proper word. I calling the Bill Fascist not Christianity. And yes I do have to point that out. I wonder what would happen if a Christian tried to oppress someone that is a member of the LGBT community was part of a Religion where being Homosexual was ok? Well I know what would happen. Zealots, Politicians, and homeless people would say: "That Religion isn't real so they do not have any protection."

Altfish

Veteran Member
I always worry about Bills, Laws, Proclamations, etc. that have the words "Truth" or "Freedom" in them. It is always a sign that they are suppressing the truth or restricting freedom.

Father Heathen

Veteran Member
Why is it that the group of people who bellow the loudest about loving their country and the freedom that defines it are the always the ones trying to deny others such freedom?

Kori

Dark Valkyrie...what's not to love?
I always worry about Bills, Laws, Proclamations, etc. that have the words "Truth" or "Freedom" in them. It is always a sign that they are suppressing the truth or restricting freedom.

Doublethink

Why is it that the group of people who bellow the loudest about loving their country and the freedom that defines it are the always the ones trying to deny others such freedom?

Because they are warped. Some think that because Christianity is wonderful and this and that all they have to do is say God is love or something else that "freedom" will magically happen. Magic is the technically the right word to use.

David1967

Premium Member

I think that is true of the far left as well as the far right. Too far either direction and it gets kinda nutty.

4consideration

Premium Member
I know what you mean.

Actually, over the years of reading legislation, I've noticed that often the title of legislation is the opposite of what I think it actually does.

David1967

Premium Member
I know what you mean.

Actually, over the years of reading legislation, I've noticed that often the title of legislation is the opposite of what I think it actually does.

I would say the vast majority of the time. Politicians know that if they practiced truth in advertising, very few of their ideas would get through.

David1967

Premium Member
Even though I am far left I still have common sense.

Good for you Kori. Note that my statement wasn't meant to be any form of attack, just a personal observation. And I know I must take into account that what I consider far left and far right may not be anothers.

beenherebeforeagain

Rogue Animist
Premium Member
But doesn't everyone see themselves as being on the sensible side, regardless of where they fall on the political spectrum?
Well...yes! We're right, and they're wrong! Can't you tell our reasoning/bill is sensible? Anyone who thinks it isn't sensible is clearly lacking in common sense, and deservedly needs to be regulated by this law, for their/our own good!:eek::confused::rolleyes: