• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religious circumcisions.

jewscout

Religious Zionist
The practice of drawing blood by mouth, like the article says, is a very rare practice these days, most likely for sanitation purposes i'd imagine.

Jaymes

The cake is a lie
Eh, I have issues with circumcision anyways. I don't understand how mutilating a child's genitals is legal while getting a little loopy by smoking pot isn't...

anders

Jensa said:
Eh, I have issues with circumcision anyways. I don't understand how mutilating a child's genitals is legal while getting a little loopy by smoking pot isn't...
And in Sweden, docking of puppy dogs' tails is illegal, but genital mutilation of infant boys isn't.

No*s

Captain Obvious
jewscout said:
The practice of drawing blood by mouth, like the article says, is a very rare practice these days, most likely for sanitation purposes i'd imagine.

So...how is it done?

No*s

Captain Obvious
No, it isn't. I was more wondering how it was done without placing the mouth on it...and I wasn't imagining it with the mouth like that.

Circle_One

No*s said:
No, it isn't. I was more wondering how it was done without placing the mouth on it...and I wasn't imagining it with the mouth like that.
That's exactly how I was imagining it and I am deeply disturbed by it. Religious practice or not, I find that particular method of drawing the blood, however rare it may be, incredibly disturbing, am I the only one?

Druidus

Keeper of the Grove
I feel the same way you do, C1. How else would you do it, No*s? You can't very well "suck" something out, without creating an enclosed vacuum around it. The only way to do that with your mouth is to put it in.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I was circumsised by a doctor in Barranquilla Columbia. It was suggested to my mother as needed for a male child to keep him well.

When my son was born we just said "NO!"

I am glad that Jesus did away with that practice!

Circle_One

My son was circumsised when he was born, but not for religious practices, just because I wanted it done, all the males in my family have been, except for my grandfather and due to this, he contracted an infection of sorts there and had to be circumsised in his 50's, so I decided to have it done to Justyce. But let me tell you, had any doctor put his mouth near my son after it was done, someone would have been killed, lol. But again, it wasn't for religious purposes, so this is most likely the reason I find this practice so extremely odd.

Lintu

It's not sexual, so I don't find it perverted...although it is pretty darn important to make sure that you don't have oral herpes before you go putting your mouth on anyone, especially a baby!

No*s

Captain Obvious
Lintu said:
It's not sexual, so I don't find it perverted...although it is pretty darn important to make sure that you don't have oral herpes before you go putting your mouth on anyone, especially a baby!

Lintu...I'd have to agree with you. I just wonder what the alternative is to using the mouth. Just curious.

Scuba Pete

Le plongeur avec attitude...
I think Moses used a sharp stone but I don't remember and I am too lazy to look it up right now! :(

jewscout

Religious Zionist
No*s said:
Lintu...I'd have to agree with you. I just wonder what the alternative is to using the mouth. Just curious.
If i remember correctly the Mohel will manually seal the wound...the method of using the mouth is not something that happens very often these days....

No*s

Captain Obvious
TranceAm said:
So if we keep that line going, and say it is not sexual, then if a religion says that "sacrifices" for God are ok. Murder will be fine, since we didn't really murder virgins in gods world, but sacrificed them with his agreement. Afterall it is not the act but the intend... :biglaugh:right?

Until you can give me reason to consider it dirty, rather than socially inconvenient in today's society, I won't consider it dirty. So, by all means, laugh away. We live in a free society, and I believe in the rights of other people to practice their faith even when I don't agree with it. I also believe we presume innocence until I see otherwise.

As I said, it's a free society, and you're free to do otherwise, but I like it this way.