• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion?

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
So is 'pure' religion limited to only these two activities? A biblical literalist would have to say 'yes.'
I find at James 1:27 three (3) activities: besides caring for (1) orphans and (2) widows, one must also keep free from (3) being spotted by the world (world alienated from God ).
How Jesus and his followers kept separate, unspotted, was to remain neutral in world affairs.
They did Not even get involved in the issues of the day between the Jews and Romans but always neutral.

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I believe when we enter into eternal life, it will be a theocracy and a kingdom.
Yes, a theocracy, but Not the modern-day definition of rule by clergy or rule by clergy class.
Yes, a kingdom, but Not anything like men's kingdoms such as the kingdom of England or the kingdom of Jordan.
Rather, it will be God's theocratic kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 with Jesus, as King of God's kingdom government for a thousand years, before Jesus hands back God's kingdom to his God - 1 Corinthians 15:24-26

URAVIP2ME

Veteran Member
I'm not sure. Any Bible verse requires listening, but some of them require critical thinking if applied today... otherwise we end up into an eventual theocracy (no offense :) ).
The 'critical thinking' part involves the modern-day definition of theocracy (God Rule)
Such as the theocratic government of Iran such as lead by the Ayatollah Khomeini was to govern by clergy or clergy class.
Whereas, God's kingdom government of Daniel 2:44 is Not ruled by clergy but has Jesus as King of God's kingdom for a thousand years governing over earth.- 1 Corinthians 15:24-26.