• Welcome to Religious Forums, a friendly forum to discuss all religions in a friendly surrounding.

Your voice is missing! You will need to register to get access to the following site features:
    • Reply to discussions and create your own threads.
    • Our modern chat room. No add-ons or extensions required, just login and start chatting!
    • Access to private conversations with other members.

We hope to see you as a part of our community soon!

Religion should stay away

maro

muslimah
"your religion should stay away from ......" a dilemma which muslims have to face from time to time ,

here is what i am talking about

As long as it continued to be used in politics, then that religion would become tarnish. I would still say Islam (as well as other religions) should stay out of politics.
  1. For one, your God should have better things to get involve in politics.
  2. Two, if you really believe in your god and your prophet, then your god had nothing to do with politics, since Muhammad had died.
Religion and school should be totaly seperate, i think France have the right idea of no religious garments or jewelry in schools full stop

Honestly, i don't blame them as they lack understanding of what the word 'religion' means to muslims ,
it's not only one part of life that should be separated from other parts , but a frame for everything else in life

[6,162].Say : Lo! my worship and , my sacrifice and my living and my dying are for Allah , Lord of the Worlds

this is post # 1 in (just read about islam )thread that may allow better understanding

Islam is a religion, but not in the western meaning of religion. The western connotation of the term "religion" is something between the believer and God. Islam is a religion that organizes all aspects of life on both the individual and national levels. Islam organizes your relations with God, with yourself, with your children, with your relatives, with your neighbor, with your guest, and with other brethren. Islam clearly establishes your duties and rights in all those relationships.
Islam contains complete systems of life. It establishes a clear system of worship, civil rights, laws of marriage and divorce, laws of inheritance, code of behavior, what not to drink, what to wear, and what not to wear, and how to worship God. It also tells us how to govern, the laws of war and peace, when to go to war, when to make peace, the laws of economics, and the laws of buying and selling, etc.Islam is a complete code of life. Islam is not for mosque only. Islam is for life, daily life. Islam is a guide to life in all its aspects: socially, ethically, economically, and politically. Islam is complete constitution. Thus Islam keeps the Muslim away from confusion, because Islam is logical and rational. Allah is one. Allah is one Allah has no sons. Allah is not trinity. Allah does not kill to save. No mediation is required between Allah and man. Islam organizes human nature, but does not go against it. There is not a class of clergy in Islam; nor is there celibacy. Islam is complete code of human life.

gmelrod

Resident Heritic
The question is does their interpretation of the word "religion" give the followers of Islam the right to impose their system of values on the West if their system tells them they must?

maro

muslimah
mini conversation

non muslim: if islam has to interfere in everything , can the islamic rules at least be changed or updated to suit the 21 century ?

muslim : no

N: why ?

m:because when you are a muslim , you belive that these rules are from god, and that's why they don't need to be changed by man

n: oh i get it

n: if islamic rules have to interfere in everything , and they can't be changed or updated ,
do muslims force non muslims to follow them

m: not at all

n: are you sure ?

m:absloutly

n:ok , fine by me , if these rules are only for muslims ,then i'll have to mind my own business

n: another question please ,
are the islamic rules oppressive and backward ?

m: didn't you say that you will mind your own business ?!!

n: just curious

m: from an islamic point of view , these are the best rules to rule a society , and they are the solution for all mankind problems and suffering ,and the gurantee for man's happiness in this life and the afterlife ,

but since you are not a muslim, and you don't believe that these rules are from god, you can study them and decide for yourself ,

and if there is anything you want to ask about , muslims will be happy to answer ,

muslims love those who try to learn and understand , instead of being offensive and disrespecting

(i believe the conversation is not mini anymore ) :cover:

maro

muslimah
The question is does their interpretation of the word "religion" give the followers of Islam the right to impose their system of values on the West if their system tells them they must?

see the conversation :)

gmelrod

Resident Heritic
But don't those islamic rules contain an imperative to spread these rules to the whole world? (I think this is one of those questions that you will be happy to answer?) If they do not then my bad though I do have more questions :)

maro

muslimah
But don't those islamic rules contain an imperative to spread these rules to the whole world? (I think this is one of those questions that you will be happy to answer?) If they do not then my bad though I do have more questions :)

"spreading the word" means to let every person on earth know and learn about islam , as it's the final messege from allah to mankind

and that was the aim of the islamic expansion ,in north africa ,asia , andalusia.....

we don't force anyone to convert ,as there is no compulsion in religion

and we don't force the non muslims living on the muslim land to follow the the teachings of a religion that is not theirs

that is the case of the christians living in the middle east countries now, and the hindu living in malysia for example.... ,
and that has been the case for them since islam ruled these countries

gmelrod

Resident Heritic
But arn't non-muslims in Iran required to wear certain coverings? I think I saw one of the captured female british sailors wearing a head scarve. Also if the religious law of a country becomes enshrined as the political law isn't that in a way forcing non belivers to follow law they do not believe in.

Incidently I think the same charge can be filed against wester countries. I also think it is no right there. We should not have a law in the US whose only justification is "because the bible says so." Just to let you know I am not being hippocritical

maro

muslimah
But arn't non-muslims in Iran required to wear certain coverings? I think I saw one of the captured female british sailors wearing a head scarve. Also if the religious law of a country becomes enshrined as the political law isn't that in a way forcing non belivers to follow law they do not believe in.

i think i was very clear about this point , and that i have already said that there is no islamic rule that forces non muslims to follow any of the teachings of islam (like wearing hijab )

if Iran did that (according to your claim ) , i still don't feel the urge to defend that , as it's not islamic

islamic rules come from the quran and hadith only

We should not have a law in the US whose only justification is "because the bible says so."

i am not talking about the u.s or the bible here , i already know that christians have no problem with secularism at all ,
but muslims do have a problem,

you didn't read this ,did you ?

Secularism - Dr. Yusuf al-Qaradawi

Secularism may be accepted in a Christian society but it can never enjoy a general acceptance in an Islamic society. Christianity is devoid of a shari`ah or a comprehensive system of life to which its adherents should be committed. The New Testament itself divides life into two parts: one for God, or religion, the other for Caesar, or the state: "Render unto Caesar things which belong to Caesar, and render unto God things which belong to God" (Matthew 22:21).....................

maro

muslimah
icn_add_20x20.gif

How is Islam different to any other religion ?

fullyveiled muslimah

Evil incarnate!
Pretty good maro. I think non-muslims just simply are under a misunderstanding, and as tiring as it may be we have to keep explaining and demonstrating all the time.